World of Warcraft: Classic

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Rogue OP, all that pickpocketing low level humanoids for phat mulah. When I recently tried out a Vanilla private I had forgotten all about how much training skills and weapon abilities cost you compared to what you get from typical leveling. If they carry over phasing to classic (which they probably will) then the appeal of being able to stealth around and try to assassinate certain people in open world PvP is greatly diminished unfortunately. BillyJoe1382#Server2 doesn't give quite the joy of someone you actually know.

TBH as far as a main I'm still super undecided. Last go around on Live classic I played a warrior from launch through TBC and only had a single alt hit 60 (hunter) that was basically an arathi meme for guarding the closest GY flag. Playing through classic again on the same class, this time without a TF, would just feel like a worse experience than what I've already done. It really depends on what, ultimately, blizzard's plans are for the long term of the server. If we're perma stuck in classic no chance of a progression or TBC copy server then that drastically changes how I'm going to look at a class long-term as I typically don't like making alts too much except for dumb shit like level 19/29 BG twinks.

I think the best part of WoW though is that unlike EQ there never seems to be a shortage of people playing main healers.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
The Daily vanilla memory:

When they dropped the new TBC talents into vanilla a few weeks before the xpac launch and the Mage Arcane Bolt was putting the killing blow on everything in pvp.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Tanks always end up being really hard to find on the vanilla emus because 80% of the warriors intend to be fury, paladins suck, and druids are far better in raids as heals than anything else.

I can never get interested in the vanilla era again without some spec/gear rebalancing. Emus drove the point home how frustrating classic can be.

• 2Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Tanks always end up being really hard to find on the vanilla emus because 80% of the warriors intend to be fury, paladins suck, and druids are far better in raids as heals than anything else.

I can never get interested in the vanilla era again without some spec/gear rebalancing. Emus drove the point home how frustrating classic can be.
Yeah if anything does kill vanilla it will be that. Class balance was pretty bad at times and respeccing being so expensive just added insult to injury.

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
One of the things I actually fucking loved about vanilla was that you knew what was good and blizzard didn't randomly fucking change things every other patch -- like, wanna do good single target DPS? Rogue was great for the whole expansion! None of this rock paper scissors shit where I level a class then they decide it's overperforming and trash it. Consistency has upsides.

• 2Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
cnu34fc7ibs11.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
ClassiCast keeps getting vanilla devs on somehow and they're all more interesting than the ones previously on. Genuinely interesting listen.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
The Ron Jeremy lookalike is proof positive all you need to do to become successful streaming is have no life and stream 24/7. I remember when that guy was spamming the hell out of his god awful MC runs as a ret paladin 2-3 years ago on ED/Anathema/Nost or whatever the fuck it was.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
He only just in the last week became a full time streamer/player, but yeah go off I guess

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I wonder what the pricing for this will be. I'd love to play Classic with my kids.

• 1Like

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Play WoW Classic for only 6.99, Live for 12.99 or get the full experience for 14.99!
Tokens not available for gametime due to tech limitations.

• 1Worf

Needless

Toe Sucker
i'd guess theres 0% chance classic will be any different of a fee than their standard subscription

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Are there any not too shitty emu servers out right now. Might start indoctrinating I MEAN playing with the kids this weekend.

• 1Like

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Just google best WoW emu server + expansion of your desire.

Whatever is rated favorably will be solid enough. Your biggest decision is PvP or PvE and if you want 10x rate exp/gold/etc or "Blizzlike."

The rate up servers are fun for a theme park experience.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Emu servers are a shitshow of rmt, exploits and gm favoritism.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Emu servers are a shitshow of rmt, exploits and gm favoritism.

That may be true, but if you're just playing with your kids, they probably don't understand anything about how endgame works and it shouldn't affect you at all if you mind your own business on a burner account.

Origin

Molten Core Raider
The Northdale server on Light's Hope is currently the best one out there. Was opened a few months ago. I'm playing there in prep for Classic. Good to refresh the memory.

• 2Like

Donblargo

Potato del Grande
Yeah, started up a paladin to try and figure out my leveling path/strat for release.

• 1Worf