World of Warcraft: Classic

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
So I finally figured out what the hell is wrong with Feign Death, if you so much as touch your right click/camera, it generally will break FD. I'm almost 100% certain this wasn't a thing until Cata or higher. Hunter was always an alt class for me before, so perhaps a more pro hunter can enlighten me? It's gonna be a pain in the ass for me to adapt, as I constantly have my camera moving.

Also FD/Ice Trap is fucky, I'm gonna assume it's this spell batching shit causing it.

Pet aggro is all kinds of weird too.

Really not impressed, happy as fuck I'm not on a PvP server. Should have tried throwing beta invites to the original Beta testers, so we could have bitched about this shit in the beginning.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
So I finally figured out what the hell is wrong with Feign Death, if you so much as touch your right click/camera, it generally will break FD. I'm almost 100% certain this wasn't a thing until Cata or higher. Hunter was always an alt class for me before, so perhaps a more pro hunter can enlighten me? It's gonna be a pain in the ass for me to adapt, as I constantly have my camera moving.

Also FD/Ice Trap is fucky, I'm gonna assume it's this spell batching shit causing it.

Really not impressed, happy as fuck I'm not on a PvP server. Should have tried throwing beta invites to the original Beta testers, so we could have bitched about this shit in the beginning.

No, the FD shit was pretty much there in vanilla. I remember being frequently frustrated by it. And then it was fixed a lot later. Same thing with pet agro. I remember relying more on blowing stuff up before my pet lost agro than not.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
We waited around for a week before creating a character waiting on the queues to die down on Whitemane, ended up rolling elsewhere.
Only a week? Oh. Well that's ok, I didn't want to play with a bunch of quitters anyway! ;)

WHITEMANE cradles me to sleep every night!!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Guild just got their first Rag kill. Eye of Sulfuras dropped. Ret pally got it :trollface:

• 6Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 7 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
We just got ours and got 2 judgement pieces and perditions blade

absolutely disgusting

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I thought about respec'ing to get imp sap but it would be completely worthless. Nobody cc's anything because you bring 2+ mages and just murder the entire room in 1 pull.

So I stand around with my dick in my hand putting up 1 point SnDs and pretending to be useful while waiting for a single target fight to actually contribute to. And then I just get kicked and replaced by another aoe class so they can zerg faster.
The problem isn't the rogue class nor the game design (as far as WoW Classic). The actual problem is the duchebags you are getting grouped with in the dungeons.

I've seen this in every single MMORPG I have ever played. The group you run with makes ALL the difference.

If you like zerg, no problem. Play with people that zerg, and have a blast.

If you don't like zerg, no problem. Play with people that don't zerg, and enjoy actually playing your character's role.

It all boils down to one thing; finding like minded people to play the game with on a regular basis. The hard part is finding those needles in the haystack.

• 2Like

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Only a week? Oh. Well that's ok, I didn't want to play with a bunch of quitters anyway! ;)

WHITEMANE cradles me to sleep every night!!
Hello. My name is Pharone, and I'm a quitter.

I gave up on Whitemane, went to Benediction, and couldn't be happier with that decision if I tried. ;)

Oh, and my guild has not raided anything, not accomplished anything, and we are all losers... but we're having a fucking amazing time playing the game.

Server: Benediction
Faction: Horde
Characters: Pharone, Risiko, Mugh
Guild: SHADOW - Guild Leader
Crafting: Tailoring / Enchanting

If you are on Benediction and looking for a loser guild where the highest level is probably in the 20s, hit me up LOL!

If you roll on Benediction and need bags, I can make 8 slot wool bags now. I also can make your weapon glow pale red because who doesn't want a worthless glowing weapon?!

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The problem isn't the rogue class nor the game design (as far as WoW Classic). The actual problem is the duchebags you are getting grouped with in the dungeons.

I've seen this in every single MMORPG I have ever played. The group you run with makes ALL the difference.

If you like zerg, no problem. Play with people that zerg, and have a blast.

If you don't like zerg, no problem. Play with people that don't zerg, and enjoy actually playing your character's role.

It all boils down to one thing; finding like minded people to play the game with on a regular basis. The hard part is finding those needles in the haystack.

People understand the game a lot better now than they did at release and people have been playing it on private servers and watching streamers who know the ins and outs of playing the game. The fact of the matter is the dungeons just aren't nearly as dangerous as most people remember, we were just worse players with less knowledge. But AEing is not zerging, bringing 15 people to strath/scholo instead of 5 is zerging. Rain of Fire and Blizzard do almost as much single target dps as a normal rotation for Warlock/Mage, the downside to them is the mana cost. Back at release you'd never see a warrior tank pulling anywhere near the DPS they do in classic or tanking without a shield in dungeons.

Being able to manage AE pulls and move through a dungeon fast and efficiently doesn't make people "douchebags". As a Rogue your job is to lock down priority targets and try to pump as much ST into them as you can, because there still are priority targets and things that need to be interrupted/stopped. And Rogue is still the king of that job.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>

Gouge is fucking weird too. I quit in WOLTK, but I had a 60+ rogue. You used to gouge targets and run around behind to backstab them. I try that now and keep wondering how much I'm lagging to always be on the wrong side of me.

Turns out, gouge spins your target around. What the fuck, how lazy do you need to be for that change that you take the entire backstab theme and just ruin it by spinning the target.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Gouge only spins targets some of the time, though, at least when I was using it on my rogue up to 29 before I swapped to warrior. I'd say it was probably 60% no spin, 30% spin and 10% only partial spin (90 degrees type of spins).

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Best way to get a group as a rogue is to start a group. Always has been, always will be. It's how I've run 99% of my instances since I've not really been in the level range for guild groups since below level 30.

I do however need to setup chat filters that block out anything that says "cleave, big dick aoe" etc. from the LFG channel though cause they are 95% of the time bads who watched a streamer once and manage to get less exp per hour than I do solo.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
I forgot how painful the mid to upper 30s are in classic, holy fuck do all the zones ever suck dick to quest in

• 2Solidarity

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Funny you say that as I've felt that way from 27-32. Massive mobs of people camping quest mobs and meh zones imo. I look forward to the late 30's as I have a lot of good memories in those zones and I feel like there is just plain more room for the crowds to disperse.