World of Warcraft: Classic

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
LOL! So watching just a few minutes of Esfand's stream, and he's raiding MC as Prot Paladin, and his raid literally has 13 mages for DPS. I see no rogues, and very few warriors. Kind of a weird makeup, but I'm sure it'll work. He was saying that items were changed, and Mages can run 100+ spell power right now, and they could never get that high back in Vanilla?
I just dinged 60 on my warlock and have slightly over +200 shadow/spell damage. It’s very different from when people were originally raiding MC in vanilla but most private servers have had the same itemization/stats we have in Classic. Back in vanilla casters just had huge mana pools and their spells hit like limp noodles until caster itemization was changed in like 1.4 or something (roughly when Dire Maul was added iirc). In Classic when I get a few more upgrades from 5 mans, I’ll have nearly +300 spell damage which Shadow Bolt receives at a 0.86 coefficient. So Rank 9 SB will go from 480 average base damage to 740 before you even factor in talents or debuffs or consumables. If warlocks could get more spellhit early on they would be a lot more competitive on the meters. But even with a ~14% resist chance a well geared lock who knows how to play will still out damage most of the raid unless you’re in a very hardcore guild.

Warriors will still dominate the meters once they have most of their pre raid bis but other classes aren’t too far behind.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I kill every single one I see because a rogue from their guild was the first to gank me and they all deserve payback for the actions of one

A few SMOrc people pissed me off the other day so now the whole guild is on my shitlist. Please kill them often.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The issue with this is that the game is not designed to have this sheer number of people on one server. Things are going to be crowded as fuck once everyone hits 60. The zones are small, and the content gets very focused location-wise in the endgame.

I just spent the last hour and a half doing 3 quests in Stonetalon because I couldn't avoid running into continuous alliance along the main path, resulting in 8 pvp battles within an hour, and several long-ass corpse runs. This was at 2-3AM EST. Vanilla release would have seen maybe a third of that number of encounters.

Classic is not going to have a scenario where everything works right capacity-wise.

Its definitely not designed to be this way. Every camp I see 3-4 people competing for the few spawns that are available with quests, some of which have like 10% drop rate on items. I would of probably be in my 50s if not 60 by now if it wasn't for the waiting and camping im doing. Even back woods out of the way places are still overrun with people. STV is the fucking worst of them all and its like the premire 30-45 spot. The quests are all pretty much low drop rate, some have tiny mob density to boot and the "blizzard spawn density" bullshit does not seem to work to well or they pretty much turned off the shit in places other than the noob starting areas.There is definitely a thing for staying ahead of the curve, thats for sure.

There is no fucking way they can turn off the layer cakes in phase 2. Because even a single layer they have right now is too fucking crowded. Imagine if what we see rigtt now in player desity is 3 or 4 times that. Or however many layer cakes they have which who the fuck knows on a server like ours with queues in the thousands still in primetime.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL! So watching just a few minutes of Esfand's stream, and he's raiding MC as Prot Paladin, and his raid literally has 13 mages for DPS. I see no rogues, and very few warriors. Kind of a weird makeup, but I'm sure it'll work. He was saying that items were changed, and Mages can run 100+ spell power right now, and they could never get that high back in Vanilla?

I was joking but kinda being serious in chat that all raids need is 25+ mages and locks, a few tanks and a few healers. The rest can just fuck off because they dont do shit compared to caster deeps and aoe. even in dungeon groups why would you choose a rogue or huntard vs a mage and lock? Skill not being an issue of course. Window lickers need not apply.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
100 spellpower is easily available just from Frozen Wrath greens and no one cares about generic +spell power for mages in MC.

A few SMOrc people pissed me off the other day so now the whole guild is on my shitlist. Please kill them often.

I've lost count how often I ended up regretting grouping with SMorc

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
just throwing this out there for spammers

you can disable channel invites
I did that after the first channel invite from those bastards. I was annoyed though with the fact that it still shows the channel invite attempts in the chat window. So, you still get spammed by the gold sellers.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Finally got my Warlock to 18 (2 bubbles from 19) Sunday. I have been taking it pretty slow just enjoying the game.

If anybody on Benediction (Horde side) needs bags, wands, or enchants, hit me up. I'm sure most of you will be long past the level of my crafting levels' usefulness, but just putting the offer out there.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Finally about to crack 30 on my warrior. I love my friends but two started playing and leveling with me, then another would jump in and we'd have to help catch him up, then another would jump in and we'd have to catch him up too. Everyone is 25+ now and I can start xp'ing for myself again jesus.

Is nice not having to pug though.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I remember there being a portal to Gnomer for Horde at some point in the game's history, did that exist in Vanilla or was that some QoL addition and we have to run?

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
I remember there being a portal to Gnomer for Horde at some point in the game's history, did that exist in Vanilla or was that some QoL addition and we have to run?

I believe its in game and in booty bay.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Yeah, a goblin in Org sends you to BB to unlock a portal which puts you in the outer area of gnomer, not too far from the zone-in

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
1q0mrj0x9gl31.jpg

• 9Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 11 users

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>

Thank fuck for the DDoS.. if you had made us run there this weekend... o_O

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user