World of Warcraft: Classic

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
Debuff slots were a shitshow for all of vanilla, even when they doubled the limit to 16 which is what this server will have if they use the 1.12 patch.

That being said, MC will be a complete joke on this server, especially if Dire Maul is unlocked and other items have their 1.12 stats. Any decent raid guild will clear MC as soon as they have the Hydraxian rep. Most boss fights will only last a minute or two which makes them so much easier because healer mana conservation will be almost a non issue.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Yup, the first boss of BWL will still be a shit show, but after that bosses won't be an issue until Chromag for dust, Nefarian for cloaks, and a lot of Nax on gear, charge dancing or moving 40 fucks during that one ddr encounter. Also managing that one boss on spider wing, or four horsemen. Speaking of four horsemen, I might go warrior or paladin just to get a corrupted ashbringer...

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arazielscousin

Bronze Squire
View attachment 180127

This was the damage meters from our first Rag kill without the UBRS fire resist buff. This isn't probably very reliable, since the range impacted damage reporting to the logs. Original Recount was really only reliable for your own group.

Found this video of the Ascent first kill on Rag... lol at channeling bandages.

Oh shit
Thanks for the nostalgia
Randomly fell into this thread today and I visit these forums rarely..
Dont see myself in the rankings but I remember being there
But the crazy thing is that Vio was not at the entrance of Molten core that day but was effectively part of the kill. Whewww. Who knew!

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Oh shit
Thanks for the nostalgia
Randomly fell into this thread today and I visit these forums rarely..
Dont see myself in the rankings but I remember being there
But the crazy thing is that Vio was not at the entrance of Molten core that day but was effectively part of the kill. Whewww. Who knew!
I'm pissed that I fucked up the original screenshot by saving that crop over the same file. :mad::mad::mad: It was one of my oldest WOW screenshots.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It must feel great for current devs that there is more hype for the rerelease of a version of the game you never worked on than live.

• 3Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
It must feel great for current devs that there is more hype for the rerelease of a version of the game you never worked on than live.
Devs did their job. They delivered what was asked of them. It's the leadership and management that didn't plan or ask for the right things. Yeah, I bet Ion feels like shit. Or he should, at least. And a staff of people. But the guys coding and doing the grunt work? Probably disappointed with the reception, but as a guy in that field, we speak up a lot about what is planned, and still get shit on with what is "higher priority". They're basically the same as the customer, but with the addendum of "not my fault".

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, meant the leads. The normal devs are just following orders and working hard.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
By the time 1.12 came around, Rag was just a loot bag for who was gonna get the next Spinal, Perdition, or Eye...

I remember running him only because so many people wanted the tier 2 pants for the set. And having to clear the whole god damn zone as if it were the Temple of Veeshan really did a number on morale.

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
Choker of the Firelord was bis for quite a while too. Plus a few other items were still useful into AQ/Naxx.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Devs did their job. They delivered what was asked of them. It's the leadership and management that didn't plan or ask for the right things. Yeah, I bet Ion feels like shit. Or he should, at least. And a staff of people. But the guys coding and doing the grunt work? Probably disappointed with the reception, but as a guy in that field, we speak up a lot about what is planned, and still get shit on with what is "higher priority". They're basically the same as the customer, but with the addendum of "not my fault".

They’ll never be able to wrap their heads around people actually wanting to play the old style of WoW. I don’t even really want the same vanilla content as much as that just happens to be the style of game I prefer. There are a million things I’d change about vanilla but none of them would lead the game to where it is now. Its either play the old game when it releases or continue not playing at all. To be fair to them they’ve been making plenty of people happy the whole time but they’re pretty short sighted about the ones they haven’t.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Yea, meant the leads. The normal devs are just following orders and working hard.
You think the lead devs don't have Activision management breathing down their necks after the Cataclysm-Pandaria-Draenor subscriber loss? I can guarantee you that management set specific metrics and goals for the current WoW development team, and they just try to satisfy them. Player "fun" never entered the equation for these managers, so it isn't relevant for the devs.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That is pure bullshit. They make decisions within those guidelines and fucked them all up. Activision didn’t make them fuck up every part of the game outside of art, leveling, and raid encounters. Once 8.1 comes out, every single reward structure will be reworked from release. Pure incompetence.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
They most likely got the marching order from management to lengthen subscription duration. This is to counter the "I let my subscription run out and will come back the next patch when there is something to do again" types, that may or may not really subscribe again. "Make our management happy, get this awesome Blizzcon mount reskin!"

However, real expertise in the MMO genre is far and few between, so most likely Activision listened to those mobile game managers who make an amazing return on investment with their whales and the gacha RNG mechanics. The other is "daily interaction" with the game.

This is the reason for all the time gating, rep grinding and the daily quest grinds. The worst part of this: You can't progress at your own pace, so you feel you have no agency and are at the mercy of the plan someone else has made for you. And so every shit decision in current WoW stems from this: The daily.

Once 8.1 comes out, every single reward structure will be reworked from release.
Just because you got an azerite vendor for three slots, that you have to grind $CURRENT_CURRENCY for (in daily heroics and in combination with the scrapper) doesn't mean that the rest of the reward structure will be changed fundamentally. Players have been whining about getting PvP vendors back for how long now? And you are still going to rep grind with stupid world quests for the new races, and you are still going to do your Azerite Power world quests and emissaries to level your necklace and unlock azerite traits, and you are still fucked when you have multiple roles on respeccing your azerite traits.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
1540399096732.png

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Don't forget the ammo problems and needing to feed your pet appropriate foods to keep their damage up

Ammo wasn't TOO awful, especially with AV frost ammo for vanilla. Was like potions for raids, just had to be prepared to not go empty. Issue was really long raid nights where you'd go with a full quiver/ammo bag and STILL go empty.

Food also a non issue to hit a vendor if you needed. I can't remember my go to food but there was some fairly cheap options or common drops. I can't remember which. I still remember a derpy friend of mine IRL who kept having his pet get mad about not being fed and would bail

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah but there was some bonuses, like unique sick ass pets that were actually different until the patch that normalized them all. They were also kings of leveling, no one could get close to leveling as fast as a huntard.

Once I tried a hunter, probably around cata, I could literally never level another class again, lol.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
Why would anyone be surprised that the content will get steamrolled? Isn’t that exactly what EQ progression servers taught us?

Leveling will be made 1000% easier with that questing addon that is used now unless they disable it for Classic, not to mention videos on leveling routes, class specific guides, etc.

Doesn’t mean it won’t still be fun as hell. Can not wait!

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The first eq progression servers they set up a website for achievements, bigger gm presence, and a lot of time went into curating which content was available.

Expansions got rolled so fast it broke their anti-cheater failsafe delay, and everyone was a douchey has-been that by and large knew a lot and still sucked at the game. Some modern shit slipped through and was OP. Some cool nostalgic shit was forgotten.

Wow classic will be the exact same shit, except maybe less cocksucker gms.