World of Warcraft: Classic

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Debuff slots were a shitshow for all of vanilla, even when they doubled the limit to 16 which is what this server will have if they use the 1.12 patch.

That being said, MC will be a complete joke on this server, especially if Dire Maul is unlocked and other items have their 1.12 stats. Any decent raid guild will clear MC as soon as they have the Hydraxian rep. Most boss fights will only last a minute or two which makes them so much easier because healer mana conservation will be almost a non issue.
And some of those debuff slots will include Detect Magic! Yay! I haven't forgotten, Blizzard. I haven't forgotten the Mages kicking off my Warlock dots.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Obviously best choice would be to have a Vanilla Server, a TBC Server, and a WOTLK server, and allow transfers forward at max level on the previous server. Make blizzard that money.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I want a TBC server. Fuck this vanilla bullshit.

I hate ... haaaaate flying mounts with a burning (crusade) passion.

The worst was in WOTLK when they designed this insanely huge and scary citadel, surrounded by armies of undead annnnn ... NEVERMIND GONNA JUST FLY 20 SECONDS FROM DALARAN TO THE ENTRANCE LOL

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Blessing of Wisdom: 30mp5, 12tick/min = 396mana/min, lasts 5m
blessing - Search - Classic DB

Mana Spring Totem: 10mp2, 30tick/min = 300mana/min, lasts 60s
Mana Tide Totem: 290mp3 x 4, 1160/cast
totem - Search - Classic DB

1 Blessing per Paladin, raid cast.
4 Totems per Shaman, group only.

World Firsts:
Alliance has 90% of the lesser bosses and Nefarian.
Horde took Onyxia, Ragnaros, C'Thun, and Kel'thuzad.

I'm actually tempted to level a shaman this time. Druid versatility was just too strong.
Alliance took world first Onyxia, I was in that raid. Paladin healing was busted with Spirit of Aquamentis(sic) and BoL with low rank FoL.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Alliance took world first Onyxia, I was in that raid. Paladin healing was busted with Spirit of Aquamentis(sic) and BoL with low rank FoL.
Was looking at the wrong data.

Onyxia - 30th January 2005
Ruined, Alliance, Proudmoore US

*Edit: The Chosen, a Horde guild, claim a kill date of 28/1/2005... but who knows. The Alliance kill information seems more reliable.

Last edited:

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Speaking of Ony... I remember when you had a random chance at Tier 2 off MC bosses. Or what's this, T2 boots off Onyxia? (2005.03.28) All that fun shit was fixed by 1.12.

2005.03.28 phatloots.jpg

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
My first Ony kill involved standing around doing fuck all in P1 as a mage thanks to some truly mediocre tanks. I might have been able to use my wand a bit, but it's probably just wishful thinking.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Tanking P1 was awful no matter what back then, wasn't warriors threat gen basically shooting their bow and fighting the z-axis flight path?

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I remember jumping and sunder spamming. But that could have been slightly later in classic, not sure.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
My first Ony kill involved standing around doing fuck all in P1 as a mage thanks to some truly mediocre tanks. I might have been able to use my wand a bit, but it's probably just wishful thinking.
Rank 4 or whatever version of Frostbolt that was a 2.0s cast just to have something to do. But yeah, waiting basically 30s to start dps sucked.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Rank 4 or whatever version of Frostbolt that was a 2.0s cast just to have something to do. But yeah, waiting basically 30s to start dps sucked.

It was worse with my guild. The GL/RL was excessive with worrying about threat (half due to the crappy tanks). IIRC, I wasn't allowed to dps until she did her first air phase. I know for sure I would get yelled at if he noticed me wanding her.

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Semi-credible (whatever the fuck that means) rumor mill says April(ish) release on this. I want this to be true, so it sounds good to me!

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
ALL the fun shit was fixed by 1.12 this is why I dont even consider this as classic. This was the beginning of the end of WoW IMO. Everything from here on out was all excel sheet cookie cutter bullshit.

• 1Picard
  • 1Seriously?

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What? 1.12 is the best raiding experience in gaming history, no idea what you're talking about.

• 1Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Lots of wanding P1, some reduced threat talent arcane missiles, exploratory frost bolts. Then ham P2 until running around trying not to die while aoe'ing whelps. Then usually an iceblock when she landed, and maybe another if she summoned you to the tank for a cleave because of exploiting the cave wall to get away from the whelp spawns.

I blocked three times on the kill and still died to being summoned to the tank after I ran out of blocks.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Dwarf tank for Onyxia... Funnnn!

Still remember getting the Deathbringer and going Fury for the first time. Great memories.

Being in the "first wave" for most of Vanilla made re-visiting Classic seem not too exciting, but now with no MMO presence in my life, this sounds more and more fun.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Let's not forget this gem:

Well, the audio anyway. I haven't found the original yet, if it even still exists.

Last edited: