World of Warcraft: Classic

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Let's not forget this gem:

Well, the audio anyway. I haven't found the original yet, if it even still exists.

Of course it was the fucking Hunter. Lol I never saw that video/audio from the perspective of the guy that actually fucked up.

Edit: Apparently that audio is pasted onto a different raid, still, fucking huntards.

I prefer this version.

Lol yea that's the one I remember.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
And some of those debuff slots will include Detect Magic! Yay! I haven't forgotten, Blizzard. I haven't forgotten the Mages kicking off my Warlock dots.
Mark Kern said in his ClassiCast Interview that the number of debuff slots on boss mobs wasn't a technical issue, but a design decision.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Of course it was the fucking Hunter. Lol I never saw that video/audio from the perspective of the guy that actually fucked up.

Edit: Apparently that audio is pasted onto a different raid, still, fucking huntards.

Lol yea that's the one I remember.
You can tell it's unrelated because the hunter is a disgusting spacecow which weren't added until BC. Also they have like 10people there, not 40.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Speaking of Ony... I remember when you had a random chance at Tier 2 off MC bosses. Or what's this, T2 boots off Onyxia? (2005.03.28) All that fun shit was fixed by 1.12.

View attachment 180511
Original version of MC loot had glorious design decisions like priest boots with agility on them. Obviously having the dumb parts of vanilla removed is a good thing but skipping past 1.0-1.11 is not a classic experience. Time travel or bust.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Original version of MC loot had glorious design decisions like priest boots with agility on them. Obviously having the dumb parts of vanilla removed is a good thing but not going through 1.0-1.11 at all is not a classic experience. Time travel or bust.

The best was getting several pieces of Paladin loot as Horde, or Shaman loot as Alliance

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
One of our priests got T2 shoulders off our first Garr kill, when they hadn't updated the models. That orange as fuck basic cloth placeholder. Similar to the T2 warlock set, looked nothing like it does now.

Have a screenshot where a piece of my magisters set had agility on it. That 0.01% dodge tho.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Semi-credible (whatever the fuck that means) rumor mill says April(ish) release on this. I want this to be true, so it sounds good to me!

aw shit, that's a bit too soon, I'm going on a 6 month paternity leave July 1st...

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I just assume they'll line it up with the 25th launch anniversary. Maybe a Beta Version for bug-catching before that?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Speaking of Ony... I remember when you had a random chance at Tier 2 off MC bosses. Or what's this, T2 boots off Onyxia? (2005.03.28) All that fun shit was fixed by 1.12.

View attachment 180511

Haha fucking Gileam, that guy lived in waffle house and always talked like he had a mouthful of bacon. Fuck I can still hear his voice in my head

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
The best was getting several pieces of Paladin loot as Horde, or Shaman loot as Alliance

That didn't happen for a really long time after 1.12 I thought. I remember that happening closer to.... TBC? I remember the enormous amount of petitions when paladin gear dropped on our BWL raid weeks before anyone could even use it and before transmogs. Whoever decided to let that happen, definitely needs to have been fired

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
That didn't happen for a really long time after 1.12 I thought. I remember that happening closer to.... TBC? I remember the enormous amount of petitions when paladin gear dropped on our BWL raid weeks before anyone could even use it and before transmogs. Whoever decided to let that h.ppen, definitely needs to have been fired

It was happening in MC for my guild, and I'm fairly confident it was before BWL released (I raided on one of Kael'Thas which was one of the later waves of servers, so not 100% sure)

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
That guy is right though, it was virtually impossible to get hit by the tail from fear if you were in the correct position. But with 40 people in 2005 there were always a handful of Jerry's Kids.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
When 2 to 3 pieces of gear that dropped per boss had a 1/12 chance of being paladin/shaman, it kinna felt like a fuck you when it happened, but that was only tier. How many paladin sported Valor and vice versa lightforged?

The uniqueness of gear, and limited drops fucked everyone pretty universally unless you were a paladin/shaman. If paladin/shaman gear dropped, the rest of the raid felt fucked.

The dissemination of loot amongst 40 folks, 2-4 drops, 10 bosses, in one week, one raid... Getting one piece was important, but ultimately negligible.

It completely fucks up modern perception of gearing, but for different reasons. Whether you get a piece or not is limited week over week. But seeing some shit head doing world quests get a titanforged item higher level than what you get waiting for your turn to get a drop from said raid feels infinitely less satisfying.

Neither the time nor the effort is rewarded in modern looting. OK, maybe time, but that's mostly luck in consistency, and doesn't involve any collaboration with other people.

• 1Like

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anybody else used to pull (occasionally) w/ a bow or a gun, as a warrior? Pick that one mob. Fuck I've forgotten all the little things.

• 1Like

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Still convinced reality is gonna shatter some peoples dreams with this pretty hard with a lot of the really crappy things they forgot about too that were fixed with QOL changes. However, I hope it's a stepping stone to a progression server type setup where there's a regularly new one frequently to push through tiers of content again. without scaling causing stuff to be instagibbed etc.

• 1Picard