World of Warcraft: Classic

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I started playing a few weeks ago and am having a blast. I started a warrior, which I had never played, and man is it easy to get into groups. Level 34 now. It seems like people are always looking for tanks.

As far as I can tell, most of the guilds are shit on my server, though. Is there a good site for tracking top Classic guilds by realm?

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
I started playing a few weeks ago and am having a blast. I started a warrior, which I had never played, and man is it easy to get into groups. Level 34 now. It seems like people are always looking for tanks.

As far as I can tell, most of the guilds are shit on my server, though. Is there a good site for tracking top Classic guilds by realm?
Yeah, check out this site:

www.firesofheaven.org

• 10Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 12 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Yes, there is a shortage of people willing to tank. There will be high demand for your services to tank level 60 dungeons, expect to reserve whatever you want and to be compensated for tanking

Warcraft Logs - Combat Analysis for Warcraft Should answer your question, you can look at the various guild rankings. My guild currently has the joint fastest Onyxia kill at 2:01

• 3Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I feel like classic confirmed a lot of what MMO players have been going on and on about forever now. Less hand holding, more pushing players to play and interact with each other makes the MMO a great experience. Been having a blast with Classic despite it being ancient.

I hope some publishers and developers take note. Though it won't matter probably. The only people willing to make an MMO these days are Asian countries.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Do people tip tanks in Classic? That used to be a thing back in day due to the increased repair costs and scarcity of gold.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
So annoyed Alliance don't get a version of this:

So imba.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I don't feel this is true at all. Most people these days don't want any challenge and want hand outs. If they saw a server 90% Alliance, and they wanted to play Alliance, guaranteed they roll on that server.

Why wouldn't they just roll PvE? I think you guys are wrong here. I think it's a tiny minority that do this. Or they might find a server where one side dominates bg's, but not necessarily where one side has a huge population advantage. Maybe someone has that thought for a minute, but if they actually do enjoy PvP and want to play on a PvP server, they realize extremely quick (and most people already realized this many years ago) that playing on a server heavily weighted in your faction sucks.Particularly for BG queues which will take FOREVER. You ever queued for battlegrounds in vanilla on a server with a huge population imbalance? It sucks.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Watching streamers try to raid a city leader is like "You lagged with Wallace, now lag with me!"

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Why wouldn't they just roll PvE? I think you guys are wrong here. I think it's a tiny minority that do this. Or they might find a server where one side dominates bg's, but not necessarily where one side has a huge population advantage. Maybe someone has that thought for a minute, but if they actually do enjoy PvP and want to play on a PvP server, they realize extremely quick (and most people already realized this many years ago) that playing on a server heavily weighted in your faction sucks.Particularly for BG queues which will take FOREVER. You ever queued for battlegrounds in vanilla on a server with a huge population imbalance? It sucks.

Naw, most people want to roll on PvP so they can kill people but don't want to be on the underdog faction because it sucks. As you mentioned earlier Stalagg had an exodus of Alliance this week and it's like 80:20 in Horde's favor now, and it's pretty much impossible to do any open world stuff during prime hours now. I wish they'd put in some kind of faction queue or something to balance it out a bit, but I wouldn't count on it. It's only going to get worse as more Alliance jump ship for other servers.

BG queues won't be an issue because they will be cross server.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Naw, most people want to roll on PvP so they can kill people but don't want to be on the underdog faction because it sucks. As you mentioned earlier Stalagg had an exodus of Alliance this week and it's like 80:20 in Horde's favor now, and it's pretty much impossible to do any open world stuff during prime hours now. I wish they'd put in some kind of faction queue or something to balance it out a bit, but I wouldn't count on it. It's only going to get worse as more Alliance jump ship for other servers.

BG queues won't be an issue because they will be cross server.
Fuck are they really doing cross server BG's??
Literally turned them into 1 big zerg fest