• 17Worf
  • 7Like
Reactions: 23 users

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Watched a short auction for 30 minutes.

Then it went to medium.

What in the fuck? Google Fu yields results from 2011 saying bidding on an auction adds time, and it's to prevent auction sniping.

Not knowing the fucking time left on the auction outside of 'short, medium and long" already prevents sniping. This is not classic behavior, and makes the AH fucking worthless.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Watched a short auction for 30 minutes.

Then it went to medium.

What in the fuck? Google Fu yields results from 2011 saying bidding on an auction adds time, and it's to prevent auction sniping.

Not knowing the fucking time left on the auction outside of 'short, medium and long" already prevents sniping. This is not classic behavior, and makes the AH fucking worthless.

That is how it worked in Classic tho.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
That is how it worked in Classic tho.

I don't remember it that way at all. Auctions expired 2/8/24 hours after you created them. Only the guy who posted the auction could see time left. Bidding didn't add time to it, so if you had the last bid, you got the item.

This way essentially ensures you never have the patience to do anything because a bidding war can extend the auction indefinitely. That is absolutely not how it worked in vanilla.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Its always worked that way, for the reason stated, so people wouldn't wait til the last minute, low bid, and win without a chance for someone else to outbid them.

Here's a post from 2013 bitching about it, I found one from 2011 as well. Hard to find further back than that just because of how long its been but its always been this way.

• 1Like

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Its always worked that way, for the reason stated, so people wouldn't wait til the last minute, low bid, and win without a chance for someone else to outbid them.

Here's a post from 2013 bitching about it, I found one from 2011 as well. Hard to find further back than that just because of how long its been but its always been this way.

Game came out in 04. I quit before 2011.

It was not "always" like that. It got patched somewhere along the way. I know because I have won and lost auctions due to them expiring and being the last bidder.

• 2Pants on Fire!
Reactions: 1 users

Kiki

Log Wizard
I have no experience how to play a healing priest in MC because I played warlock back then, and that is so deeply imprinted still that every time someone said "banish" on voice I felt an urge to react on that.

I am a priest turned hunter (definitely not what I'm used to). It is very weird seeing debuffs and not being able to do anything about them.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I don't remember it that way at all. Auctions expired 2/8/24 hours after you created them. Only the guy who posted the auction could see time left. Bidding didn't add time to it, so if you had the last bid, you got the item.

This way essentially ensures you never have the patience to do anything because a bidding war can extend the auction indefinitely. That is absolutely not how it worked in vanilla.
Funny the same exact things were brought up in Classic about auctions. It was 100% like this in Classic.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
There was no blizzard raid ui for a long time. We had some addons do it for us after nearly half a year.

• 2Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Are all the DPS mods completely inaccurate? Just curious, mine never shows the same as others. Tank I usually group with always shows himself at the top, while mine shows me at top slot, when mage part of static posts his, it is generally somewhere in between, with me usually lower than his. Mind you I'm generally at max 40ish range when possible. Using Recount myself.

Don't really care about DPS bragging, but handy to keep track of my performance, and to see if random DPS we add, are actually making an effort. Amazing how many people do the bare minimum just to appear if they doing shit. Feels like EQ all over again.

Had one rando mage who kept posting DPS, laughing I was at the bottom. I just stopped DPS for a few pulls, until my tank told me to fuck off cause shit was taking forever.

• 1Worf

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Are all the DPS mods completely inaccurate? Just curious, mine never shows the same as others. Tank I usually group with always shows himself at the top, while mine shows me at top slot, when mage part of static posts his, it is generally somewhere in between, with me usually lower than his. Mind you I'm generally at max 40ish range when possible. Using Recount myself.

Don't really care about DPS bragging, but handy to keep track of my performance, and to see if random DPS we add, are actually making an effort. Amazing how many people do the bare minimum just to appear if they doing shit. Feels like EQ all over again.

Had one rando mage who kept posting DPS, laughing I was at the bottom. I just stopped DPS for a few pulls, until my tank told me to fuck off cause shit was taking forever.

I've found in most cases the retards who do/day those things about meters in group tend to have their meter set to overall. Which heavily favors their numbers on trash if they can aoe, or pad their numbers in other ways.

Have also seen some retards have it set to overall and count their damage from while they were soloing as the group formed.

• 2Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Details seems somewhat accurate. Haven't used Recount myself.

The threatmeter addon annoys me in its display since it insists on coloring all of the bars depending on their threat % to the top threat and it makes it harder to read than it needs to be. It should just color to the tank as 1 thing, yourself as something else, then everyone irrelevant to you vs the tank as a third color and let me change all of the colors.

And maybe what Tarisk said. People set it to stupid things to make themselves look good. I know as a rogue all I have is 15 seconds of two target cleave every 2 minutes and nothing but single target otherwise. I'll always be 4th above the healer on trash until a boss fight.

• 1Like

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Details seems somewhat accurate. Haven't used Recount myself.

The threatmeter addon annoys me in its display since it insists on coloring all of the bars depending on their threat % to the top threat and it makes it harder to read than it needs to be. It should just color to the tank as 1 thing, yourself as something else, then everyone irrelevant to you vs the tank as a third color and let me change all of the colors.

And maybe what Tarisk said. People set it to stupid things to make themselves look good. I know as a rogue all I have is 15 seconds of two target cleave every 2 minutes and nothing but single target otherwise. I'll always be 4th above the healer on trash until a boss fight.
I want it to be class colors.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I want it to be class colors.
That's one of the only options the thing has at the moment. My problem as dps is that I need to glance at it and know exactly where I am relative to the tank(s) and I can't really do that without staring at the damn thing for a couple of seconds. Because with class colors off, it still gradients everyone from red to yellow but doesn't distinguish the tank(s) from the group.

Other thing I've noticed with it, is that it doesn't want to stay contained within whatever size you set the window to. I have it docked about my dps meter and it insists on spreading down into the dps meter and preventing me from clicking on the settings or unlocking/undocking it. Overall, pretty annoyed by the mod at the moment.

Last edited:

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
They actually fixed group swapping in combat, to my pleasant surprise. See how easy things can be if you let them, Blizzard? You don't have to dig your heels in over every stupid mistake you make. Like you did for example 15 years ago, when you gave one faction a priest racial spell that was better than all the other priest racial spells combined, completely obsoleting the *good design* of stance dancing fears for half the playerbase in raids.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Wish theyd fix the devilsaur bug where I have to re-equip all my hit gear every time i die...

• 1Worf