World of Warcraft: Classic

Sterling

El Presidente
And most players just rely on the reputation of the class rather than their own performance

msG6F5O.png

Two full runs of SM Lib. Yeah, you go mages.
This is very situational and depends on how fast you're pulling and how large the packs are. if you're pulling very quickly but only pulling small groups of mobs this is almost always going to happen.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Hi everyone.

Your forum Tyen seems like quite the act to follow. I am just Tyen the Wood Elf Rogue who played with Fires of Heaven in Everquest nearly 20 years ago and corpse dragged your bodies through the planes several hours each night.

Sorry it took me so long to finally stop by. My son noticed that there was a Fires of Heaven guild on our server and I told him about my interaction with you and your reaction when I told you who I was. He convinced me to come say hello.

If your kid doesnt live in a broom closet your wife isn't a nose beast of the swamps and you dont beat her, youre not our tyen and therefore welcome!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is very situational and depends on how fast you're pulling and how large the packs are. if you're pulling very quickly but only pulling small groups of mobs this is almost always going to happen.

Charge into first pair, intercept into 2nd pair, walk into a third pair. Biggest pull was 10 at once.

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
Were you tanking with a ravager? Mid/high 30s warriors with that are pretty hilarious, doubly so if you have a shaman in the group. I have two friends that are playing War/Sham together and I ran them through armory a few times for it. The guy playing the war has never played WoW before and listening to him in discord when it procs and he sees all the numbers is adorable.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
well the first part of that is awful for mage skillset for damage. the 10 pull should be all about the mages though.
That's 7-8 mobs at once usually when you count in patrols. I don't see how you'd pull even more without it becoming complete chaos due to heal agro.

I don't have a Ravager (yet)

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Levels play a part too. If it's a 38 warrior and a bunch of 32 mages fighting lvl 35 mobs i'd expect some damage differential. Most of the mages I saw looking for SM groups were trying to do cath by the time they were 35+.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Ok, I have the post up concerning guild hosting. I know a lot of people posting in this thread are already in the wow guild, but if you're NOT in the guild and want a place for your guild to live, let me know.

I'd also like people to get the word out that this is going on. Reddit, wow official forums, in game, whatever you can think of. There WILL be forum rewards for people who are successful in their recruiting efforts.

Thanks!

Lightning Fast
Yes it will be a little. Mostly it's going to outside places and posting a link to that thread, so not exactly back-breaking labor.
But think of the forum rewards for doing it!

• 2Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Ok, I have the post up concerning guild hosting. I know a lot of people posting in this thread are already in the wow guild, but if you're NOT in the guild and want a place for your guild to live, let me know.

I'd also like people to get the word out that this is going on. Reddit, wow official forums, in game, whatever you can think of. There WILL be forum rewards for people who are successful in their recruiting efforts.

Thanks!

Would advertising it ingame break rules? If not I could toss out a macro with a message thatd fit when in towns

• 1Like

Lightning Fast
People post recruiting stuff, and this is a similar service that I'm not charging money for, so I think it's ok? Not sure on that one but I would bet it's ok.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Queues on Whitemane have improved significantly. Didn't even hit one today. Get your asses over if that was all that was holding you back.

• 1Truth!

xzi

Mouthbreather
A strange thing that I've felt since killing rag a few weeks ago is how easy the content is (that we all knew would happen) being a direct reasoning for gear being so abundant.

After years of complaining that loot is too easy to obtain, now if I see someone in a wrath helm I'm like who cares who is this retard? Obviously we'll never ever get that feeling back but it's kind of hilarious to me I'm so not impressed with anyones loot whatsoever.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
A strange thing that I've felt since killing rag a few weeks ago is how easy the content is (that we all knew would happen) being a direct reasoning for gear being so abundant.

After years of complaining that loot is too easy to obtain, now if I see someone in a wrath helm I'm like who cares who is this retard? Obviously we'll never ever get that feeling back but it's kind of hilarious to me I'm so not impressed with anyones loot whatsoever.
I wouldn't necessarily say that it will never happen again. It's all just dependent upon the game developers designing a game that creates an atmosphere where you would be in awe of something someone else is wearing. Now whether any company will ever make a game like that again, who knows. I'm not a fan of the game by any means, but I do know that a friend of mine sold a weapon on BDO for a thousand dollars, so it's not like there isn't value to be had in gear in all MMORPGs today. It's just that most companies are making MMOs where the gear is a dime a dozen anymore, and those that do have valuable highly desirable loot in them (like the one my friend sold) cost a LOT of real world money to craft/upgrade because it requires tons of expensive micro transactions. He said he has spent well over $5000 on BDO in micro transactions, so it's not like he made a profit or anything.

Kiki

Log Wizard
I haven't had an entire dungeon aggro on me yet, so this is definitely not vanilla. Everything seems nerfed.