World of Warcraft: Classic

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
It’s not hard to put together 5-man Jed+Rend farms if you really do want the set. Briarwood Reed is amazingly good for DPS casters and even healers and it only takes a couple minutes to have everyone zone into BRS solo and see if Jed spawned in their instance, then whoever gets him invites everyone else.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Not a single list mentions that Scholomance and Stratholme both have quests for 40DPS swords, they all tell you to go farm Dal'Rends, which is going to be impossible to get in a 10 man raid given the drop rates and people reserving them.

And as a result, its almost impossible to get a group to do anything that doesn't involve killing Angerforge/Arena/Jed/Rend

Its become a real issue imho

It’s not hard to put together 5-man Jed+Rend farms if you really do want the set. Briarwood Reed is amazingly good for DPS casters and even healers and it only takes a couple minutes to have everyone zone into BRS solo and see if Jed spawned in their instance, then whoever gets him invites everyone else.

And because its not hard to do this, its virtually impossible to get a group for almost anything else, especially full dungeon clears of places like Scholo and Live Strat and LBRS

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
I guess it depends on your guild/server. Enough people are getting 60 now that trade and world chat on my server has plenty of scholo/strat/lbrs groups forming instead of it all being SM, ZF, and Mara like it was a couple weeks ago. Plus my guild is massive so there’s always stuff going on.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
sounds like going rogue was a good idea cause everyone wants to only farm what i need! it is an interesting dynamic, ive decided to quest but i notice everyone just spamming sm cath like its god's gift. perhaps it is but that shit is mind numbing

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I tanked Uldaman in a PUG last night. I don't think I ever went through it back in the day. That place is a pain in the dick, especially with a shitty, cranky pug.

It may be that I'm just a shitty tank but I find it hard as hell to maintain any sort of aggro when you're dealing with multiple mobs. Charge, switch stance, taunt, tab, sunder, sunder, tab, sunder. This shit takes time. Meanwhile every dps in the group is trying to grow the biggest epeen by AoEing and/or single targeting any mob they feel like regardless of which one is marked with the skull.

Also, not a single fucking piece of plate in the whole god damned instance, green or blue.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I tanked Uldaman in a PUG last night. I don't think I ever went through it back in the day. That place is a pain in the dick, especially with a shitty, cranky pug.

It may be that I'm just a shitty tank but I find it hard as hell to maintain any sort of aggro when you're dealing with multiple mobs. Charge, switch stance, taunt, tab, sunder, sunder, tab, sunder. This shit takes time. Meanwhile every dps in the group is trying to grow the biggest epeen by AoEing and/or single targeting any mob they feel like regardless of which one is marked with the skull.

Also, not a single fucking piece of plate in the whole god damned instance, green or blue.

That is how tanking used to be, and it was a lot of what separated good tanks from bad ones. Then again people used to assist and kill the skull targets because that is what a smooth run required. Now all these retarded dipshit cocksuckers (esp Mages) think they are ultra rambo and want to AOE literally fucking everything which is how they learn to play in retail. Best thing you can do stop even trying to taunt off the faggot who frost nova/cone of cold combos on pull and let that useless dicksuck eat dirt. Just keep the healer alive and let the dps learn how to play classic or fuck off back to retail.

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Big dreams time ... What would you want to see changed (or not changed) in WoW Classic if they ever did a Classic+ ? I'd like to see:

• The goblin quest hub in Dustwallow that was implemented during TBC.
  • Dual talent spec
  • Jewelcrafting (or maybe just a better use of jewels found with ores)
  • Bring back oldschool NPC AV ffs
  • More world bosses
  • Inscription? Maybe? I forget if this was fun and interesting.
  • NO FLYING MOUNTS EVER.

Do you think you could keep the game capped at 60 and just add new zones, instances, and quests?

• 5Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 5 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

And this is why all you see in general chat is LF TANK and GTG.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
sounds like going rogue was a good idea cause everyone wants to only farm what i need! it is an interesting dynamic, ive decided to quest but i notice everyone just spamming sm cath like its god's gift. perhaps it is but that shit is mind numbing

Not really, you're going to be competing with 2 + melee wars for every item you want from now til the end of time unless its daggers

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
That is how tanking used to be, and it was a lot of what separated good tanks from bad ones. Then again people used to assist and kill the skull targets because that is what a smooth run required. Now all these retarded dipshit cocksuckers (esp Mages) think they are ultra rambo and want to AOE literally fucking everything which is how they learn to play in retail. Best thing you can do stop even trying to taunt off the faggot who frost nova/cone of cold combos on pull and let that useless dicksuck eat dirt. Just keep the healer alive and let the dps learn how to play classic or fuck off back to retail.

We're all guilty of it sometimes, but yeah, tanks need like a solid five or so seconds to get the first kill target locked in so they can swap to sundering the other mobs in a group to keep them from running away from heal and dps aggro.

And yeah we used to pick these mob packs apart with precision back in vanilla. It was more like a puzzle to solve repeatedly back then and now everyone just aoes shit.

I aoe a lot more now than I ever did back in the day on my lock for sure.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I actually did Uldaman last night, too. Most of the group was underlevel, and my shadow ass was healing rather than dpsing. In the end we were actually successful but it was a rough pug for sure. I'm ok with people being bad as long as they take direction, we had one guy like that in particular but he did learn so that's cool. Yeah, we had a lot of problems though. No focus firing, tank not knowing how to pull, a warlock who didn't know how to use a soulstone. Such is the life of pugging mid level dungeons.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I was actually going to bring up Chris as a great example of someone who gets dogpiled in certain threads but treated civilly elsewhere. Even Brando doesn't get fucked with in the NFL thread, although maybe people just don't have the heart to pick on a Bears fan.

Brando and Ossoi are both Liverpool faggots. Enough said

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
without any mention of Trueaim Gauntlets (which apparently grants 4.3% hit on level 63s and has a high drop rate) or Voone's Vice Grips. (a quest reward!)

See, now I thought the same thing, and actually had a pair of True Aim drop for me on my first run of LBRS. But I was told they suck as +weapon skill(bow and gun) means jack shit for hunter. So I banked them and currently wearing Voones. which is kind of surprising because those epic edgemasters gloves that give the +weapon skill for melee are so coveted and worth 400-600g. I would also like this explained further. Since most infos otu there is either sketchy, old, wrong, or falt out no data for classes like hunters.

Ive read in places that each point of +weapon gives reduced chance to miss target by .64% UP TO weapon skill 305 against a lv63
After 305 it gets all fucked up and each point gives reduced chance to miss target by .04% and this was agreed upon with extensive testing

But then some blue post during TBC said this...

Lets say you increase your weaons skill by 4

Against a mob 3 levels higher than you, you get .8% lower chance to miss, .4% lower chance to get dodged, 2.4% lower chance to be parried, and a .8% higher chance to crit, That means a 4.8% net increase.

Which could be wrong, its nto the first time a blue post was giving flat out wrong infos.

And this is probably where youre getting the 4.8% (4.3%) but is this really considered hit%? and he does nto really explain what happens when that 305 weapon skill number is surpased, which in player testing above only shows .04% after 305 weapon skill is achieved.

BTW thisis only for melee, im reading that hunters use an entirely different formula that no one knows fuck all about on reddit.

Last edited:

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
Don’t taunt on pull lol, that does nothing but waste it and a gcd. Use tclap or a shout to generate initial aggro on everything. Then start sundering skull and then other targets. A lot depends on your group and whether you’ve got people dotting/cleaving secondary targets immediately or if it’s just heal aggro you need to worry about.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The biggest issue with Uldaman is it's the first dungeon after SM, where people are learning the wrong way to do a dungeon through the cleave metas. My first run of Uldaman had a ravager wielding warrior "tank" show up with no shield or 1hander and no ranged weapon. I told him several times "this isn't SM. You have to actually try" but he never got it, and blamed all the problems on me the healer. Ulda also requires careful pulling in the big-trogg area and in some of the dwarven area, but people are coming from SM where it's the retard olympics of pull everything.

Also, it's long and not linear and those two things make people's brains melt.

• 3Like
  • 1Mic Drop
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Argarth

On the verandah
Get in here and start leveling my dawg

Well I've started leveling an Orc Shaman, up to lvl 8 so far. I can notice the ping lag a little, but it's tolerable. If I don't quit before level 20, I'll holler for a Guild invite. =)

Man, that slow hypnotic Durotar music got me in the feels all over again. Haven't heard it for so long. (our entire old work guild re-rolled alliance so many years ago)

• 1Solidarity

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Don’t taunt on pull lol, that does nothing but waste it and a gcd. Use tclap or a shout to generate initial aggro on everything. Then start sundering skull and then other targets. A lot depends on your group and whether you’ve got people dotting/cleaving secondary targets immediately or if it’s just heal aggro you need to worry about.

Good catch. BrotherWu BrotherWu the way taunt works is that it basically puts the tank to the top of the aggro list above the highest person already there. So you use taunt to pull mobs back to you once someone else has pulled them off. Using it at the start of a fight, particularly on that first target, is just putting yourself at the position you're already at on the threat list, which is the top, since you just pulled the mob.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Rag dead again and Ony dead for a 3rd time. We officially have P1 on farm, but we're still running a group or more short on a full raid, and queues are gone. Come join us on Whitemane Horde and enjoy such things as:

Wiping an entire alliance raid outside of Onyxia's lair and not losing a single person.
Playing pin the tail on the dragon as Onyxia spins around like a dreidel
Witness the joy that is Safari-man Sebudai's fascinating hunter pet obsession
LOOT THE FUCKING CORE HOUND
Making fun of Ossoi in discord
A disturbing number of Kiwi's and Aussies
And many other fun adventures.

Gotta post the vid man:

Uh, so why does the forum ruin clip links from Twitch? It takes the clip and replaces it with the user. WHY?!

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Finally got into Uldaman last night as well. Tank was 2h Arms tanking and we wrecked the place. Only a couple deaths but no wipes and no issues with Archaedus. Finally got those damn quests out of my log.

• 2Like

Kiki

Log Wizard
See, now I thought the same thing, and actually had a pair of True Aim drop for me on my first run of LBRS. But I was told they suck as +weapon skill(bow and gun) means jack shit for hunter. So I banked them and currently wearing Voones. which is kind of surprising because those epic gloves that give the +weapon skill for melee are so coveted and worth 400-600g. I would like this explained further.

I am curious about this as well. I have both, but am wearing voone's.

EDIT: If it's 4% hit plus a bit of crit on raid mobs/bosses, these are godly. Basically no one seems to know if these are 1% to hit or 3-4% to hit.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
That ally wipe at onyx last night was fucking epic. From their side im betting they saw a few horde show up first (epic mounts) so they thought easy pickings so they start running forward, then all of a sudden over the hill is an entire fucking horde raid that comes and literally wipes them in under a min. NOT ONE PERSON DIED< LUL

• 1Like
  • 1Worf