World of Warcraft: Classic

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
Good catch. BrotherWu BrotherWu the way taunt works is that it basically puts the tank to the top of the aggro list above the highest person already there. So you use taunt to pull mobs back to you once someone else has pulled them off. Using it at the start of a fight, particularly on that first target, is just putting yourself at the position you're already at on the threat list, which is the top, since you just pulled the mob.
It does have the additional effect of forcing the target to attack you for a few seconds even if somebody else passes your threat, but relying on that is not a good habit to have at all.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Kiki

Log Wizard
In the distance we suddenly heard the sound of hundreds of bow strings being pulled back, how many bowman could they possibly have? There was movement in the trees. All at once there was fear, fire, and ice everywhere. Giant shapes in the night appeared out of the swamp and cleaved anyone they could find, leaving body parts and viscera everywhere. I heard them yelling yeet as they materialized, then our entire frontline melted and were gone in an instant, their armor useless against the onslaught. So much death so quickly...I realized I was screaming. I tried to run. Most of us didn't make it.

• 8Worf
Reactions: 7 users

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Fair enough on not starting with Taunt. I do use T-Clap on three or more but it doesn't seem to have a very high aggro value vs a mage AoEing. Good to know. I will change my sequence. Tanking is new to me and I haven't spent the time researching the Theorycraft like I did for when I main'd a Shaman.

• 1Solidarity

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Fair enough on not starting with Taunt. I do use T-Clap on three or more but it doesn't seem to have a very high aggro value vs a mage AoEing. Good to know. I will change my sequence. Tanking is new to me and I haven't spent the time researching the Theorycraft like I did for when I main'd a Shaman.

No it definitely wont hold against a mage blowing up the mobs too quickly with AOE, for sure.

They gotta be told to give you 10 seconds or something first.

You're all good, bruh. Can't learn if people don't share understanding.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
See, now I thought the same thing, and actually had a pair of True Aim drop for me on my first run of LBRS. But I was told they suck as +weapon skill(bow and gun) means jack shit for hunter. So I banked them and currently wearing Voones. which is kind of surprising because those epic edgemasters gloves that give the +weapon skill for melee are so coveted and worth 400-600g. I would also like this explained further. Since most infos otu there is either sketchy, old, wrong, or falt out no data for classes like hunters.

Yeah, trying to find good info is difficult because the game has so many versions now. I'm not certain if 4.3% is correct (I did say 'apparently' in my post) but I got that number from here:

A recent Blizzard post (link is in the reddit post) mentioned that there is a hidden penalty if weapon skill is less than -10 points under the defense skill of the mob, so because of this Trueaim grants defacto +2% hit before you calculate the weapon skill. And supposedly the extra hit on top of that is from the game using a different hit chance calcs when weapon skill and defense skills are within 10 points. (which makes sense to me as killing orange mobs is always significantly more difficult in this game) So even if it's not 4.3%, it's probably still a large amount of hit rating. Easy test would be to attack MC bosses with Trueaim + 5% of hit gear in other slots and see if you miss at all.

For now I'm using Voone's until I get into MC, which I haven't entered yet.

• 1Solidarity

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
Yeah because a 63 gets the defense-weapon skill disparity over that threshold. That’s one of the weird things that private servers never actually figured out.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Rydon you sonofabitch! Nice sword

Sebudai Sebudai thanks for streaming - I've been sneaking away from family to watch the tapes of the raids, good shit boyzzzzz

• 1Solidarity

Chris

Potato del Grande
Big dreams time ... What would you want to see changed (or not changed) in WoW Classic if they ever did a Classic+ ? I'd like to see:

• The goblin quest hub in Dustwallow that was implemented during TBC.
  • Dual talent spec
  • Jewelcrafting (or maybe just a better use of jewels found with ores)
  • Bring back oldschool NPC AV ffs
  • More world bosses
  • Inscription? Maybe? I forget if this was fun and interesting.
  • NO FLYING MOUNTS EVER.

Do you think you could keep the game capped at 60 and just add new zones, instances, and quests?
This is what they need to do:
Caverns of Time has a portal to Classic and a portal to Retail, when you roll a character you can choose to start them in the Classic-Wrath era, the Cataclysm-BfA era or the Modern era, you can swap between each at Caverns of Time.

Each future (mini) expansion is limited to the original two continents revamping one part at a time, enlarging the old world and updating the graphics to current standards and using classic design principles. This is the Modern era as the retail game is slowly converted to how it should be.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Big dreams time ... What would you want to see changed (or not changed) in WoW Classic if they ever did a Classic+ ? I'd like to see:

• The goblin quest hub in Dustwallow that was implemented during TBC.
  • Dual talent spec
  • Jewelcrafting (or maybe just a better use of jewels found with ores)
  • Bring back oldschool NPC AV ffs
  • More world bosses
  • Inscription? Maybe? I forget if this was fun and interesting.
  • NO FLYING MOUNTS EVER.

Do you think you could keep the game capped at 60 and just add new zones, instances, and quests?

All of the hunter QoL changes that eventually come around with TBC (I think). I should be able to stable more than 2 pets, I should be able to drop traps in combat, Aspect of the Viper, etc.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That is how tanking used to be, and it was a lot of what separated good tanks from bad ones. Then again people used to assist and kill the skull targets because that is what a smooth run required. Now all these retarded dipshit cocksuckers (esp Mages) think they are ultra rambo and want to AOE literally fucking everything which is how they learn to play in retail. Best thing you can do stop even trying to taunt off the faggot who frost nova/cone of cold combos on pull and let that useless dicksuck eat dirt. Just keep the healer alive and let the dps learn how to play classic or fuck off back to retail.
This. Tank and healer are necessary on trash. DPS are optional. Keep the healer up and eventually you'll kill it all. The longer it takes the longer those shitty players are laying in the dirt waiting. And if they cry, fuck 'em. DPS are a dime a dozen.

• 1Solidarity

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider

When I pull I open with Aimed Shot and Distracting Shot, so the warrior can taunt off me before I feign and have a nice threat jump starting the encounter. This generally works well, but in pugs you get the occasional tank that tries to just overaggro you with sunders and stuff, and then yells at you for being an aggro whore.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
All of the hunter QoL changes that eventually come around with TBC (I think). I should be able to stable more than 2 pets, I should be able to drop traps in combat, Aspect of the Viper, etc.
Traps in combat, that had to have been WotLK and beyond. I swear I remember having to FD in TBC still to re-cc mobs in dungeons.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I do think we got the trap launcher in TBC, so that was a fun toy. And it had a 1 minute cooldown if I recall so you had to actually make a decision with it.

The /castsequence macro for dps was great after I had rage quit for a month due to hunters being absolute garbage (no procs worked on our ranged abilities, so all the trinkets were completely useless). Then that macro was discovered and suddenly we were good dps again and literally 1 button.

• 1Like

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
Trap Launcher was Cata.

And yeah the TBC hunter macro was hilarious, a lot of people bound it to mousewheel and just spun the wheel to spam abilities as fast as possible.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Trap Launcher was Cata.

And yeah the TBC hunter macro was hilarious, a lot of people bound it to mousewheel and just spun the wheel to spam abilities as fast as possible.
Yeah, you're right. I guess I remember having to get as close to the pull, putting my trap down, having the tank pull then distracting things over my trap. Then running back, fd'ing immediately and trapping again and baby sitting my CC with a focus while trying to pretend I was doing meaningful damage.

Whereas groups were running warlocks and mages in shattered halls and just aoe'ing them down with slows. :/

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I thought it was wrath for the one button hunter macro?

Nope, the 1-button macro was 100% BC. i remember it well in Hyjal/BT - Wraith made the other specs viable again. Survival had explosive shot/black arrow procs etc. I miss that version of survival so much.