World of Warcraft: Classic

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Big dreams time ... What would you want to see changed (or not changed) in WoW Classic if they ever did a Classic+ ? I'd like to see:

• The goblin quest hub in Dustwallow that was implemented during TBC.
  • Dual talent spec
  • Jewelcrafting (or maybe just a better use of jewels found with ores)
  • Bring back oldschool NPC AV ffs
  • More world bosses
  • Inscription? Maybe? I forget if this was fun and interesting.
  • NO FLYING MOUNTS EVER.

Do you think you could keep the game capped at 60 and just add new zones, instances, and quests?

Keyring.

I want the Keyring

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
lol.. Apparently one of the Olympus guilds got taken over.

I have gotten completely flooded with Asmon videos since I started looking up WoW classic stuff before launch. I've probalby only watched a handful though. I find the drama vids the most interesting. The dude that took over the Olympus guild went Trump on Asmon.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I'd be down to help with my warlock if you need it.

My druid is only like 18 so won't be high enough to run it.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
giphy.gif

?

• 1Truth!

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Was meant for my salty thread obviously. Had this thread open and thought I had that thread open. Don't over think I just woke up and made a booboo

I'm less likely to make that sort of mistake drinking than I am just early in the day and distracted.

Was posting in my thread, then put a reply here, went to bathroom, talking to my wife, started posting memes, forgot I had left my thread to post a reply in this one.

Last edited:

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Was meant for my salty thread obviously. Had this thread open and thought I had that thread open. Don't over think I just woke up and made a booboo

I'm less likely to make that sort of mistake drinking than I am just early in the day and distracted.

Was posting in my thread, then put a reply here, went to bathroom, talking to my wife, started posting memes, forgot I had left my thread to post a reply in this one.
All good, rather 10 pages of misposted memes, than the spergfest we had in here recently.

• 1Worf

Argarth

On the verandah

Thought for a moment I'd slipped through a wormhole into another dimension. Especially after just coming over from the Fermi Paradox thread...

Scared me a little.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Right. At 24, when this shit had just launched and everyone was breaking their balls against the content trying to figure it out and the gear was badly itemized and the mobs overtuned, being able to clear the shit in x amount of time was an actual demonstration of something, skill, talent, luck, whatever.

Now its just a testament to having no life. Because goddamn Ossoi. This shit is 15 years old. We're 40 bud. Kids. Jobs. Families. Responsibilities. The queues raped a lot of people who work during the day's playtime. And there was no rush. Still isn't. We have no clue on phase 2 dropping. It could be next month. It could be 3 months away or more.

The people who rushed to get everything done will be bored and not logging in by next month.

Many may not come back for P2.

Taking it a little slower might be beneficial to player retention longer term.

Slower is the way to go. I am beating a dead horse saying this over and over here, but I only do it because I know first hand so well how easily it is to burn out and get bored and how easy it is to not get burnt out and not get bored. All you gotta do is ignore competition and ignore the nerds that are having a miserable time grinding all day long, but want you to be miserable t0o, so they try to shame you into playing the way they play. Just ignore it. Who fucking cares what level you are and what level they are and what items they have and what items you have.

Are you having fun? That's all that matters. This is your free time. Time is the most valuable thing in the world, and free time is precious. If your free time isn't being spent having as much fulfilling fun as possible, you're doing life wrong. I can't stop preaching this because it was the most valuable gaming lesson I've ever learned and it has paid me back insane dividends.

If you don't know how to do it, just make a few simple rules for yourself and follow them no matter what. It's really simple:

1) If you find yourself frustrated,do something else or log out

2) If you find yourself bored, and not wanting to do whatever you're doing in game, stop doing it and go do something else or log out.

No ifs ands or buts. Not even guild loyalty or friendship is worth breaking these rules. Your friend needs your help grinding some shit for hours that you are going to hate the entire time? Fuck no. Now, you can find ways to make those hours fun, by chatting and hanging out or whatever, but if you can't accomplish that, it's not worth it. Don't break the rules and you won't get burnt out and the game will give you way, way more quality mileage and mileage in general. This goes for any game, but particularly for MMOs.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Its definitely easy to burn out on this shit. Especially pure vanilla that does not even have PvP instances yet or the honor system. Which is a nice side activity to grind out when youre bored. Its pretty much a shell of the leveling game a few end game dungeons and 1 raid and 1 dragon raid.

I wanted to make a few alts but going through the struggle of leveling up the first one I find it hard to even do this. The competition for spawns and camps is so severe on this server its not even worth the agony and frustration. And I was even a bit ahead of the curve too. I cant even imagine how it was for the folks which were in the big main curve. It literally added DAYS of camping and mob tagging to the game for me I cant even imagine the frustration they felt that were like 1-3 weeks behind me. Especially at the 35+ game where its not even fully fleshed out with the added quest hubs in late vanilla and TBC.

• 1Truth!

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Leveling now is more normal at least up to hillsbrad.

Fewer lowbs conpeting for mobs.

Im sure the closer to 60 you get the m.j ore crowded it is

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, ill probabaly try another one in like a few weeks, maybe a month. I have a feeling this is gonna be slow ass drip of phases. Right now I will just adjust my play time from full time to logging on for raids, and maybe helping people run some shit in the down time maybe a few nights of gold farming here and there. And even then I dont even feel like farming because no dual spec. I mean, its not like its hard to farm with raid specced hunter compared to a raid specced tank or healer, but still its inefficient, pet loses aggro constantly, its more of a chore than speccing into BM and going to town. But fuck if im gonna spend 20-50 golds to respec every time im done raiding. This is one of those few things I wish they added to vanilla just because it makes sense.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
One month in and after stating many times "I'll never play Classic, I know better" I'm still amazed how addictive and funny the game is. There's definitely a nice chemistry going on between the game mechanics, they got it right back in the day. Of course it's different than Vanilla because of 15 years old knowledge, layering, and knowing what will happen next but I'm still looking forward logging on in.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users