World of Warcraft: Classic

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
When a game is good they are fun to play. It's more amazing that they managed to turn so many away when they have had such an amazing foundation to build on. Yet they keep knocking it down then shitting on it.

• 3Truth!
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Lets nto forget that peole are to blame for this shit too. The vocal minority likes to bitch and moan abut shit over and over until Blizz gives in and makes shit easier to get and more and more trivial as time goes on. Then before you know it, its an entirely different game.

This is why IMO its paramount that devs stick to their guns and origional vision for the game. And add additional content with that in mind.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Lets nto forget that peole are to blame for this shit too. The vocal minority likes to bitch and moan abut shit over and over until Blizz gives in and makes shit easier to get and more and more trivial as time goes on. Then before you know it, its an entirely different game.

This is why IMO its paramount that devs stick to their guns and origional vision for the game. And add additional content with that in mind.

I always remember this policy when pushing changes to the site too

:trump:

• 3Like
  • 2Worf

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I'm still enjoying the game although I can admit to some burn out setting in. That being said, it is 100% my fault because I have played every class available on the Horde side so far on my server. My highest level right now is an Undead Warlock at level 28.

I'll probably put some more time in to it this weekend of course. I'd like to get the warlock in to his 30s at least.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Another thing that is nice about Classic at least from the gearing standpoint is you can reach a point where you are done. Amazing concept the retarded cunts like Ion don't understand.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Do you think they will fuck it up by continuing on with progression for Classic servers (TBC, etc)?

I really hope they stop and realize that what made Classic special is the exact same things that the expansions got rid of, and instead create new expansions just for Classic.

But... the realist in me knows they wont. That will cost a lot of money to do, and they would have to admit that their vision over the years has been wrong. They will instead just roll out another one of the existing expansions to the Classic servers every year or so, and expect all their Classic players to make the move to a WoW Live server rather than Classic because they fucking think current WoW is good. /sigh

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Nahh IMO they wont be developing shit for Classic other than maybe adding in TBC, maybe Wrath....shit, they might not even do that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Now that they've gotten the ball rolling it's too much easy content to not release. Retail expansion Summer 2020, TBC 2021, Retail 2022, WotLK 2023.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Do you think they will fuck it up by continuing on with progression for Classic servers (TBC, etc)?

I really hope they stop and realize that what made Classic special is the exact same things that the expansions got rid of, and instead create new expansions just for Classic.

But... the realist in me knows they wont. That will cost a lot of money to do, and they would have to admit that their vision over the years has been wrong. They will instead just roll out another one of the existing expansions to the Classic servers every year or so, and expect all their Classic players to make the move to a WoW Live server rather than Classic because they fucking think current WoW is good. /sigh

Anyone who thinks there will ever be a Classic + is deluding themselves. It's a cool concept that will never ever ever ever fucking ever happen. On the off chance we are in reality 532,324,234,541 and it does happen you would have to understand it would be made by the same dingleberry faggots who are making retail. All of the talent has either left the company or no longer cares.

I am sure TBC, Wrath and on the table and in the pipeline since there is no real development cost but there is no fucking way they would design an xpac that isn't for retail if they were starting from scratch.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Another thing that is nice about Classic at least from the gearing standpoint is you can reach a point where you are done. Amazing concept the retarded cunts like Ion don't understand.
Yeah the 1) Working for the best item 2) Enjoying having the best item cycle is really important.

When everything is +1 doogooder every day with warforging etc you don't get the pleasure of working towards then enjoying having the best item for a while.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Something like ClassicPlus would only be on the table quite a few years from now when the company is just stone out of shit to do. Post Mists of Pandaria being released on the Classic servers levels of "we've got fucking nothing."

I personally think that a parallel time line starting from the classic servers going forward that utilized existing assets (and some fresh ones) to tell new stories all with a Classic design philosophy would be cool as fuck but ain't no one going to take a shot green lighting that.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
It would also have to mean their retail version was truly in the shitter. Which I dont think its quite there yet.

And also like was said before int his thread, would you trust curent dev team to make classic content? Do they even know what made classic good? Obviously not because of the stupid you think you do but you dont comment from the lead.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
because of the stupid you think you do but you dont comment from the lead.

Who's now Blizzard President.

And to be honest he's wearing that "YTYDBYW" hat since 2017 BlizzCon but I think Blizzard denying Vanilla servers is more of a corporate thing rather than one person's decision. Blizzard corp has always officially frowned upon WoW private servers "stealing their IP", while vanilla OG devs like Furor, Tigole and Kalgan probably don't give a remote fuck about it since it rather keeps their legacy alive than defiling their work.

Last edited:

Sithro

Molten Core Raider

I feel like this is a fairly good video. Some of the points he addresses are why I think EQ Next wanted to do away with leveling. He also addresses some of the problems that classic WoW find itself with in a few months (everyone max level, low level zones empty).

Good shit.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Phase 2 coming later this year

WoW Classic Phase 2 Coming in Late 2019

Keyrings, fuck yeah
Kazzax/Azuregos added
Layering removed completely, it's going to be a total shitshow
Dire Maul, new mage water, fuck yeah
Honor system in but no BGs yet, prepare to get farmed at flight paths

Dalien

Registered Hodor
RIP layer whores

Realm Layering Update

Over the five weeks since we launched WoW Classic, we’ve continuously monitored realm populations and utilized layering when necessary to handle launch populations. As we’ve said before, we will have all realms on a single layer before introducing world bosses, and a great deal of progress has been made toward that goal.
First and foremost, players have leveled up and spread out around the world. This allowed us to accommodate more players per layer, which means fewer layers required per realm. The last time a server in this region had more than three layers was the first week of September, and almost all realms reached two layers shortly after that. This includes high population realms such as Faerlina, which has had only two layers for three weeks now.
Along the way, some select realms reached their end-state of a single layer, and we locked that in. With a change we made earlier this week, the following WoW Classic realms are now permanently set to one layer:

• Anathema
  • Arcanite Reaper
  • Ashkandi
  • Azuresong
  • Deviate Delight
  • Earthfury
  • Felstriker
  • Heartseeker
  • Netherwind
  • Old Blanchy
  • Remulos
  • Smolderweb
  • Windseeker
Be on the lookout for another change that we will make in the coming days: soon, realms that are operating with more than one layer will indicate that on the realm selection screen. Those realms will say “Layered” in the realm list. Thereafter, you’ll only see the Full/High/Medium/Low markers for realms that are permanently set to one layer.
We plan to move more realms to a single layer over time, and we will continue to offer free character moves to balance populations and manage login queues. In order to avoid queues in the future, we encourage you to use that service as soon as possible.
Thank you very much!

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
ua9omzrr2dq31.jpg

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users