World of Warcraft: Classic

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
On a slight off topic, anyone know how to stop videos from autoplaying?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Normally not a fan of loot council but Seb, Saal, Booze, etc. keep track of attendance, contributions, etc. and they have a sort of round robin approach to Best in Slot raid items, so that everyone gets a turn at bat on getting a BiS item from the raid drops.

We're also down to 1 day MC and about 20 minutes for Ony, so we'll be doing two clears a week soon probably, one during the week one during the weekend. Alts, casual players, etc. who want to contribute have a place and can still get loot. Example: I have like 5/8 tier 1 warlock set, including the helm. But most of those pieces aren't BiS, they were upgrades to a point, but replaced by blue pre raid BiS for the most part. So the past couple raids, since i had gotten so much, I didn't get any more items til the other warlocks got some gears night before last in MC. Then when we killed Ony last night, it was my turn up for a BiS item, so I got the t2 helm. All the raiding warlocks (except Kaige who just got 60 and has only been to two raids I think maybe 3) have been in the round robin, gotten some BiS items, some upgrades, etc.

I was worried about cliques and shit but the guild is really a very team oriented group, and there doesn't seem to be much drama about it so far.

Helps that this is a 15 year old version of the game we're playing seriously for fun, rather than seriously for serious, if you catch my drift.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Think of it as the rogue celebrating his loot with everyone involved with helping him get it, except the other rogue that rolled against him.
But all the warriors would have rolled for it as well. And the druid. And the ret paladin....

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Loot is cool, everyone likes loot, but honestly show up for raids, do your part and eventually you will be all tricked out. Plenty of time between now and BWL and the other raids. Next week DM drops which will give us all more shit to farm which im excited for.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Loot is cool, everyone likes loot, but honestly show up for raids, do your part and eventually you will be all tricked out. Plenty of time between now and BWL and the other raids. Next week DM drops which will give us all more shit to farm which im excited for.
Edit... Quit fucking around and get a 60, show up to raids, do your part, and the loot will flow.

😢😞

• 1Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
But I want it all now!

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Edit... Quit fucking around and get a 60, show up to raids, do your part, and the loot will flow.

😢😞

I must be fucking up some how. 6 days /played and lvl 51. And it feels like I'm a leper when the rest of the guild is 60.

• 2Solidarity

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Finally hit 60 last night. Took forever from having wedding prep, then work trip out of town, then playing an alt with the husband when he was on and just generally fucking around and doing a bunch of quest lines that I just never touched back in the day. Fuck it, though, there’s so much time for stuff, just relax and enjoy the parts you want to do ‘cause all the 60 shit isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Finally hit 60 last night. Took forever from having wedding prep, then work trip out of town, then playing an alt with the husband when he was on and just generally fucking around and doing a bunch of quest lines that I just never touched back in the day. Fuck it, though, there’s so much time for stuff, just relax and enjoy the parts you want to do ‘cause all the 60 shit isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.
So true. Still wanna be a part of the cool kids club and hit 60 and help run all the dungeons, etc etc.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Took me like 10 days to 60 and 5 of them was fighting other horde for spawns and camps.

• 1Solidarity

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Sounds like that one Queen song.
giphy.gif

• 1Worf

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I was worried about cliques and shit but the guild is really a very team oriented group, and there doesn't seem to be much drama about it so far.

Helps that this is a 15 year old version of the game we're playing seriously for fun, rather than seriously for serious, if you catch my drift.
I had a good time with FoH in Legion, I don't expect the current leadership to fuck off and join some other guild at all. At some point your only competition for loot is the enchanters if your behind.

There's a reason my hunter still doesn't have his epic mount, or able to afford a Handcannon. I keep giving good shit away to guildies. Flask of the titans recipe x3, Robe of the Archmage x5, tons of other various pricy enchants/recipes. Guild comes first in my mind. I still don't have my UBRS key because I keep passing on the gems.

When your told the hunter, who is a RL buddy of some leadership, and didn't bust his ass to get pre-raid BIS PLUS a decent FR set, still isn't hit capped, and is usually at the bottom of the DPS, is getting "raid loot priority", it's a massive kick in the nuts.

I better not get raped by gnomes 1-60 on Whitemane, I'm gonna be salty and bitter.

Working out what duo I'm gonna play right now, I'll post some questions in guild forum.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Took me like 10 days to 60 and 5 of them was fighting other horde for spawns and camps.

I'm in this same boat. Lvl 55 and at like 9+ days played, with probably 3 of those days spent traveling to find uncamped spawns or waiting in line for camped spawns. I'd say about 85% of all quest mobs in every zone I've been in are camped. Many times camped to the point where mobs live about 2 secs before getting tagged. The only way around this would have been to dungeon grind, but good luck getting consistent groups as a huntard. Now that I'm in the higher level zones, any mobs that drop stuff that people at 60 want to farm, those mobs are UBER camped: not only do the mobs have a life expectency measured in milliseconds, but the potential for huge pvp battles to erupt over who has rights to those milliseconds is ever-present.

Farming for cash is going to be a chore under these conditions. Although once you get some gear, the opportunity for forming up some 5 man gank squads and roam around killing farmers is going to be crazy.