World of Warcraft: Classic

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
All I know is we have a crazy big Hunter Crew.

iu

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
As much as some of you might feel behind if you are still leveling, let me assure you that you are not. Which might sound off coming from someone who leveled relativity quickly. There is no new content in this game to rush toward and even the most casual of players are going to end up raid geared from alt, weekend type raids, or just tagging along when we have an extra spot.

The most fun part of this shit isn't the dungeons or raids it's the comradery with this crazy group of people we have know for a long time, and some we haven't lurkers, and others. In spite of what the Ossois of the would might have you believe there is nothing to prove in a 15 year old game and since we are all adult boomer types most have outgrown selfish loot drama. You guys are still animals and trying to corral has been a little challenging but overall I have enjoyed the time in classic so far and I imagine that will continue through all the phases.

Of course Legion was fun as well for much of the same reason, the game had it's flaws but we had a fun bunch to play with, at least until a few dipshits got themselves banned for being dumb cunts and a couple others got wide eye dreams of chasing purples so badly they went on the fight bosses with people they hated and wiped like 896 times to finally get purple sword of the who gives a fuck only to realize how little it meant and ultimately quit the game once they realized how hollow they were.

• 6Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 7 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
The only time I've felt the least bit behind was when they announced they are releasing DM early. I'm just about to hit the 50s dungeons, first thought was that it will be tougher to get groups for stuff like BRD, LBRS, etc. But probably not. Getting a group together has actually been pretty easy for the most part, occasionally have to wait a few minutes on a tank.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
As much as some of you might feel behind if you are still leveling, let me assure you that you are not. Which might sound off coming from someone who leveled relativity quickly. There is no new content in this game to rush toward and even the most casual of players are going to end up raid geared from alt, weekend type raids, or just tagging along when we have an extra spot.

The most fun part of this shit isn't the dungeons or raids it's the comradery with this crazy group of people we have know for a long time, and some we haven't lurkers, and others. In spite of what the Ossois of the would might have you believe there is nothing to prove in a 15 year old game and since we are all adult boomer types most have outgrown selfish loot drama. You guys are still animals and trying to corral has been a little challenging but overall I have enjoyed the time in classic so far and I imagine that will continue through all the phases.

Of course Legion was fun as well for much of the same reason, the game had it's flaws but we had a fun bunch to play with, at least until a few dipshits got themselves banned for being dumb cunts and a couple others got wide eye dreams of chasing purples so badly they went on the fight bosses with people they hated and wiped like 896 times to finally get purple sword of the who gives a fuck only to realize how little it meant and ultimately quit the game once they realized how hollow they were.

I'll say this for Classic - I've missed a few weeks of raiding with the homies (and likely a few more to come) and I genuinely miss it. Like, not the gearing aspect or any of that shit, just talking noise in gchat and spergin out in discord. Never felt that way in Legion when I took several extended breaks in between raid tiers.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I cant wait to hit up some PvP instances with the guild when that shit comes to town. It will be epic. AV, AB even some WSG. Some coordination and winning.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I got my ass embarrassed by a frost mage in WPL yesterday. Guy was well versed in the hunter deadzone and killed me over and over. I'm too stubborn to walk away.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I got my ass embarrassed by a frost mage in WPL yesterday. Guy was well versed in the hunter deadzone and killed me over and over. I'm too stubborn to walk away.

This happened to me many times while leveling. Warriors doing their fucking dancing jumping in my face and I cant do shit about it. Rogues? Fuck, like what can you do there? Only ones I took down was some warlocks along the way, but then their dots end up killing me while im nut sacking their corpse. Until they fix the FD/trap we will be sitting ducks for pretty much any class that can stay within our dead zone.

But a good hunter team in coordinated PvP instances will be awesome.

At least our leveling was ez mode. Shit in BM spec I could go for days grinding just landing auto shots. No risk wheresoever even if you get like 2 adds. An elite rare? no problem, pew pew that shit down.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
A hunter with a fast attack pet used to eat casters for breakfast. That not the case anymore?

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Speaking from PvE perspective, not gonna miss that deadzone BS at all. Fucking mages.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Mages wised up. The ones I ever fought stayed real close. And that 1.0 attack pet? yeah its a thing, but do I wanna take a week out to level it now? It took me a solid 8-10 hours to level my raid warg from 57-60.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
A hunter with a fast attack pet used to eat casters for breakfast. That not the case anymore?

Generally yes, but it really depends who gets the jump on who. If a mage sneaks up on me when I’m not looking and can just pop a nova and blast me with instants from dead zone, it’s pretty much over. If the encounter’s starting from range, mage is probably going to have a bad time so long as you’re careful about not getting caught with the blink->nova.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Also, back in the day, there was one glorious week where I was a group of 15 hunters that would just plow AB all day long. It was disgusting and 90% of our games were shut outs with the remaining maybe giving away 10 or 20 points. Was some of the most stupid fun I had back in vanilla seeing chonkers just instantly get blown up by aimed shots. Can’t heal through that shit.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I thought they normalized that shit

Speed normalization I think happened in 2.0 patch? We’re in a wonderful time when that’s not the case, so Broken Tooth is the goto for PvP goodness. There’s a few other pets that aren’t as tough to get at 1.3 attack speed as well.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I thought they normalized that shit

Nahh pet attack speed is still a thing. Look up classic pettopia for details. There is a few 1.0 attack pets out there. I think im just gonna have to bite the bullet and train one, AND LEVEL IT UP for PvP coming up.

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
I tried and wasted so much time attempting to get Broken Tooth, so I just gave up. I feel if you weren't one of the first hunters to be at 37 to tame him and/or used layer hopping to have a better chance of seeing him spawn, then you're SOL. I just grabbed a 1.2 cat and been happy, but of course with 1.2 speed casts can still go off.

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
It looks any of the Winterspring cats are all 1.5.

I bit the bullet and went with one of the Swamp Jaguar from Swamp of Sorrows and had to level it all the way up, which kind of sucked. I've been also keeping an eye out for Deathmaw spawn as I'd have a 1.2 wolf for raids/groups, but haven't seen him spawn yet.

I've used this spreadsheet to determine which pets to get for AS, spell ranks, etc: Vanilla Hunter Pet Compendium.