World of Warcraft: Classic

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Waht a dumb system, how do they expect you to have multiple pets? so now I gotta go tame a lv 37 and grind his ass all the way to 60 whie I melee green mobs to death? no wonder they changed it. But then when they changed it I guess it didnt matter anyway since all pets were fully normalized.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
It looks any of the Winterspring cats are all 1.5.

I bit the bullet and went with one of the Swamp Jaguar from Swamp of Sorrows and had to level it all the way up, which kind of sucked. I've been also keeping an eye out for Deathmaw spawn as I'd have a 1.2 wolf for raids/groups, but haven't seen him spawn yet.

I've used this spreadsheet to determine which pets to get for AS, spell ranks, etc: Vanilla Hunter Pet Compendium.
Yeah I got Deathmaw early, haven't seen him up ever since. If you hard up, SFK worgs are exactly the same, but you need to level from 18-19 lol.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
As much as some of you might feel behind if you are still leveling, let me assure you that you are not. Which might sound off coming from someone who leveled relativity quickly. There is no new content in this game to rush toward and even the most casual of players are going to end up raid geared from alt, weekend type raids, or just tagging along when we have an extra spot.

The most fun part of this shit isn't the dungeons or raids it's the comradery with this crazy group of people we have know for a long time, and some we haven't lurkers, and others. In spite of what the Ossois of the would might have you believe there is nothing to prove in a 15 year old game and since we are all adult boomer types most have outgrown selfish loot drama. You guys are still animals and trying to corral has been a little challenging but overall I have enjoyed the time in classic so far and I imagine that will continue through all the phases.

Of course Legion was fun as well for much of the same reason, the game had it's flaws but we had a fun bunch to play with, at least until a few dipshits got themselves banned for being dumb cunts and a couple others got wide eye dreams of chasing purples so badly they went on the fight bosses with people they hated and wiped like 896 times to finally get purple sword of the who gives a fuck only to realize how little it meant and ultimately quit the game once they realized how hollow they were.

You drunk salty cunt! Worst grammar Ive ever seen from you. And BROOOoooooo I know.... For the umpteenth time, SORRY. That ban broke the desire to do that shit anymore, in that game or others. I botted the hell out of my original FFXIV character and I wouldnt even play him when I went back for Shadowbringers. :rolleyes: Now if I had time to actually do anything outside of work, much less read about all you assholes while Im AT work.

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah I got Deathmaw early, haven't seen him up ever since. If you hard up, SFK worgs are exactly the same, but you need to level from 18-19 lol.

I am still holding out for Deathmaw as I’m in denial that I’ll have to eventually just settle for an SFK dog and having level it to max.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
The rare cat, The Rake, from Mulgore had the fastest attack speeds til the mid 40s. My vanilla NE hunter that is still my Main made the EPIC journey there at lvl 10 to tame him. Managed to ding 11 just from exploration xp. He's still my main pet. That is what originally sold me on WoW back in the day.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I would check for Broken Tooth at like 7am when I sent the hubby off to work and before I went back to bed. Managed to see the fucker spawn right in front of me just as I was about to ask for a layer swap. Got it NP and gave it a stupid ass name that I hated. Waited 7 hours and went back and tamed his ass again (apparently luckily as shit because other people were spotting for him and the spawn is something like 6 hours not 7 according to folks). Got the name I wanted this time but I felt a bit dirty.

I got the rare gorilla from ungoro as well after only camping for about 3 hours or so. Saving my last spot for Deathmaw but I have to wait for ZG first as I want to train up the last level of lightning breath and finish off getting all the ranks of all the pet abilities. 3 pet slots is definitely aids.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah hunter is fun. Never played one ever. I need to figure out pet stuff sooner rather than later. I’m using some lion from barrens still ha

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
For pure grindage, I still like my boar. Its a bit beefier than the cats and the charge makes grinding quicker over time. Maybe not as much deeps but I think the time savings make up for it over time.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Boar is nice because it eats everything, but gorilla is my favorite. Thunderstomp makes hunters a viable tank for dungeon groups for a long time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Lifetap + pocket Priest =

giphy.gif

I don't know why I've never done this before.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I dont know how you guys can remember wtf you did back in true classic for pets. I played a Hunter, but I cant f'n remember shit. I dont know if that says more about me, or more about you. Am I starting to experience Alzheimers? Or are you guys elephants or some shit?

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I had a twink with Lupos for a bit. But I didn’t start raiding on my hunter until tbc and I had a scorpid and a wind serpent mainly then. That dot was really op.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I dont know how you guys can remember wtf you did back in true classic for pets. I played a Hunter, but I cant f'n remember shit. I dont know if that says more about me, or more about you. Am I starting to experience Alzheimers? Or are you guys elephants or some shit?

I remember because I played a mage and wrecked every hunter I came across until I met one outside Orgrimmar dueling everyone after a server transfer who had a fast attack pet and I couldn't do shit to him. His pet literally ate me. He could AFK and still win.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
I really really wish some guide or post or something had told me to tame a cat in Swamp of Sorrows in my 30s and level with it to 60. Although I love my owl and would prefer to use that for PvE, but leveling pets is just such a retardedly harsh time sink. I've had levels where I leveled faster than my pet did (due to quest exp or maybe rest exp).