World of Warcraft: Classic

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
A warrior meleeing mobs just claimed that killing stuff 5 levels apart makes no difference. That’s about as wrong a statement as you can make when it comes to WoW calcs.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Nah, there's no difference between killing mobs you crit every other swing and never miss, and mobs you miss 50% of the time and only crit 10% of the time. Who also do 70% less damage to you for the same reasons

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Argarth

On the verandah
After playing around in Classic for the last couple of weeks, the worst thing has been logging into BfA after a year away, and seeing how damn good it all still looks.

The world, the art/models/animations/spell effects etc... Everything looks SO inviting, and yet I've still no desire to play any of my characters, or the game in its current state.

Makes me sad. 😩

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Say what you will about retail, but the various specs are fun and interesting to play almost across the board. Every one of them has some shit that makes you look cool and gives you satisfying feedback on what you're doing. If the combat wasn't so fast paced and full of DDR/Bullet-hell shit, I'd be happy to just have it all ported directly into classic's design philosophies.

I'm really digging shadow priest on retail. I'm like something straight out of a Lovecraft power fantasy

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Chys is the same person who argued that people who worked hours that didn't let them get ahead of the queue the first week were too casual to be in the guild. You're expecting a different person when it comes to this retarded warrior rage/damage topic?

What the fuck are you talking about? I never said anything of the sort. I said casual players are /not the ones you build your guild around/ and that your guild needs a solid core of serious players in order to fuction.

Try putting words in my mouth again you piece of shit.

I'm for anyone on the forums and anyone who is a friend of a forum member being in the guild. Period.

• 4Salty
  • 2Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 6 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
When you're solo levelling on a warrior demo shout and thunderclap are more efficient rage uses than anything else, IMO, unless you're fighting mobs so far below you that you never have to eat/bandage either way. The first few levels of WW axe are the exception to this because you do retarded damage for lvl 30 with it.

Argarth

On the verandah
Say what you will about retail, but the various specs are fun and interesting to play almost across the board. Every one of them has some shit that makes you look cool and gives you satisfying feedback on what you're doing. If the combat wasn't so fast paced and full of DDR/Bullet-hell shit, I'd be happy to just have it all ported directly into classic's design philosophies.

I'm really digging shadow priest on retail. I'm like something straight out of a Lovecraft power fantasy

It's funny you should mention Shadow Priest. That's the last thing I tried to level before I quit last year, specifically because of those unique mechanics. Unfortunately, that was also the time of the leveling XP and Heirloom nerfs, and after 60 levels I just couldn't take anymore. (started from scratch as I've never had a high level priest)

xzi

Mouthbreather

I genuinely enjoy class design in BFA. It had very large problems to start but most of my specs are in a very good place rn I feel.

You can make an argument for every class feeling the same-y (ret paladin spends combo points, it's a 2h rogue, feral druid spends combo points, it's a cat rogue, etc) but I don't necessarily think that's terrible given how many specs there are.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
herbalists who are tired of not finding the herb they need in the massive ground clutter of grass in certain zones? Look at this:

macro:
/run SetCVar("groundEffectDensity", 16);
/run C_Timer.After(5,function(self) SetCVar("groundEffectDensity", 256) end);

This sets ground clutter to 1, waits 5 seconds and then sets it back to 10.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Banezilla

Molten Core Raider
unless you're fighting mobs so far below you that you never have to eat/bandage either way. The first few levels of WW axe are the exception to this because you do retarded damage for lvl 30 with it.

That's exactly how Chys is able to grind groups of low level mobs while dumping extra rage into HS. Elites are no problem when you're smashing them with a lvl 40 weapon.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Is anybody familiar with Blizzard's account sharing policy? I used to box my friend's priest in 2005 to AoE with. Now I'd like to box his account to reset Maraudon instances and maybe get some dungeon loot for his lower level character while he's at work. Also noteworthy: he's out of country a lot so logs in from outside the USA frequently. Since game companies are all terrible nowadays I have to ask if what was once extremely common activity will result in bans

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Blizzards official policy on it is that it's not allowed. So if you do it, it would be at your own risk of some level of suspension on both accounts. Now as far as how much they monitor it, or the likelihood of any action on it I couldn't say.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Account sharing always was against the EULA and would always result in a ban/suspension

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
He was just hangry because he went 30 hours without food due to a typhoon.

Salshun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Lol, get fucked.

lolfuckyou.png

• 8Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 8 users

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Account sharing always was against the EULA and would always result in a ban/suspension

Amusing considering that a certain popular WoW developer has used this account when the raid lacked healers and my friend couldn't log in

Does nobody box their friend's accounts anymore to know if Blizzard seriously gives a fuck nowadays? I had login info for like 20 of my EQ guildmates back in the day. Seems weird to me to not log friends in to craft or fill a raid role or whatever