World of Warcraft: Classic

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Does anyone know when they introduced servers transfers? I was away for a week and my buddies left skeram for a lower pop earthfury so now I’m stuck here alone, the only content o wanted to raid with them was naxx, but I can’t remember what phase / patch they added Server xfers in, and is that going to all unfold with each patch or are they just never going to allow server xfers

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Does anyone know when they introduced servers transfers? I was away for a week and my buddies left skeram for a lower pop earthfury so now I’m stuck here alone, the only content o wanted to raid with them was naxx, but I can’t remember what phase / patch they added Server xfers in, and is that going to all unfold with each patch or are they just never going to allow server xfers
Your buddies sound like assholes.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Holy shit, that Jamba mod is gonna be a game changer. Thanks for the heads up.

Guess it's not updated? Another one called EMA(?) that apparently does similar stuff though, looking forward to trying it out.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Guess it's not updated? Another one called EMA(?) that apparently does similar stuff though, looking forward to trying it out.
EMA is the replacement to JAMBA

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Your buddies sound like assholes.

well to be fair they told me they were gonna xfer had no idea when it would close and i was busy as fuck wth work all week, so i missed it clearly my fault they told me before hand i just put it off thinnking itl be there one more day, but newp now im stuck here wich isnt a bad thing TBH, but i was wondering when blizzard starting allowed transfers, the only raid id like to experience with them would be naxx, and im not sure but i coulda sworn by the time naxx came out there was server xfers but i could be wrong this is going off vanilla retail and what my cloudy brain remembers, anyone got some solid info on this? im only lvl 42 and wasnt in a rush i did this all before, but my buddies were chompin at the bit, like we were crackheads when it first release they already got multiple 60s, so i dont mind being on skeram ill get some loot and then xfer to my buddies if its possible, who knows they went to earthfury and its med pop ALL the time, i have a feeling once things balance out they will regretit and possibly move back to skeram

whats this ema // jamba addon do specifically, does it benefit all classes or this more of a personal addon fora specific character?

just looked it up on twitch addons onl thing that comes up for EMA is "guidelime" // guidelime busteas guide // leatrix plus

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
well to be fair they told me they were gonna xfer had no idea when it would close and i was busy as fuck wth work all week, so i missed it clearly my fault they told me before hand i just put it off thinnking itl be there one more day, but newp now im stuck here wich isnt a bad thing TBH, but i was wondering when blizzard starting allowed transfers, the only raid id like to experience with them would be naxx, and im not sure but i coulda sworn by the time naxx came out there was server xfers but i could be wrong this is going off vanilla retail and what my cloudy brain remembers, anyone got some solid info on this? im only lvl 42 and wasnt in a rush i did this all before, but my buddies were chompin at the bit, like we were crackheads when it first release they already got multiple 60s, so i dont mind being on skeram ill get some loot and then xfer to my buddies if its possible, who knows they went to earthfury and its med pop ALL the time, i have a feeling once things balance out they will regretit and possibly move back to skeram

whats this ema // jamba addon do specifically, does it benefit all classes or this more of a personal addon fora specific character?

just looked it up on twitch addons onl thing that comes up for EMA is "guidelime" // guidelime busteas guide // leatrix plus

There have been no indication by blizzard that they will have or ever have paid transfers for WoW classic. It is possible they may open them up at some point, although I would imagine a good chunk of REEEEEE by the community. If feels like paid transfers, name changes, faction changes and other shit would undermine the spirit of classic, again that isn't to say they won't do it but they haven't given the impression that they will either.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider

whats this addon do? is it class specific type thing? never heard of it
There have been no indication by blizzard that they will have or ever have paid transfers for WoW classic. It is possible they may open them up at some point, although I would imagine a good chunk of REEEEEE by the community. If feels like paid transfers, name changes, faction changes and other shit would undermine the spirit of classic, again that isn't to say they won't do it but they haven't given the impression that they will either.

right butif they are going for the "vanilla" experience, they kinda gotta go with the flow no? jus like pvp is coming in 1 phase / BGs another phase, im mainly asking WHEN did blizzard start allowing server xfers, was that still durinb vanilla during NAXX? or did this happen after the first expansion, thats my main question cause if they follow suite with everything else and the phases that vanilla went through, if there was a phase where after naxx got put in transfers were also put in id like to know, because then i can assume that they will indeed open server xfers if it is released within vanilla / classic

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
whats this addon do? is it class specific type thing? never heard of it

right butif they are going for the "vanilla" experience, they kinda gotta go with the flow no? jus like pvp is coming in 1 phase / BGs another phase, im mainly asking WHEN did blizzard start allowing server xfers, was that still durinb vanilla during NAXX? or did this happen after the first expansion, thats my main question cause if they follow suite with everything else and the phases that vanilla went through, if there was a phase where after naxx got put in transfers were also put in id like to know, because then i can assume that they will indeed open server xfers if it is released within vanilla / classic

Feel free to google that shit, I can’t remember that far back, going by memory I feel like that added that after they were acquired by Activison but who knows.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist

I grabbed it off Curse, it's called EMAC there, just setting it up now. Supposed to make multiboxing easier, beyond that no idea as I haven't started playing around with it yet.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
So far EMA seems to have solved my issue with the default follow. Posted about it awhile ago, haven't been able to figure out what was the cause. Basically my other box would regularly act as if it lagged out, until I hit a key, then it would do this super fast forward type thing and catch up. With the strobing doesn't seem to happen anymore.

I'm assuming this is some "feature" Blizz added to /follow at some point? Never had a problem with it the last time I boxed 2 accounts. Was driving me nuts.

Scared the shit out of me when 2nd account got DC immediately after trying it out, but setting the strobe from 1sec to 10sec seems to fix that problem.

Some handy QoL stuff, I'm just gonna make use of the follow & whisper features for now. Too fucking high to get too deep into this.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
j7g40peoqns31.jpg

• 11Like
Reactions: 10 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
So I've been working a lot the past week, taking a little break in preparation for Dire Maul launch and farming today. So whose gonna farm DM with me all day? Gotta get dat key, gotta get dat dagger, gotta start farming for gold so I can finish my robe and buy my epic mount shit.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
I cant commit to playing this, I have tried to wrangle in my head how to make it work, but I just don't have the time. If someone has an account they have stepped away for a while or whats an alt leveled up during the day on Mondays or Fridays hit me up.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yeah its a big time commitment. I've had to debate it myself. I took much of the past week off playing to work so I could spend some of this week off work farming DM.

That balance is hard to finagle, especially if you have a more set in stone work schedule than I do.

spronk

FPS noob
so my account got banned like 8 years ago or so for botting, obviously it was a chinese hacker who hacked into my authenticator-protected account through eastern european trickery. On a whim I opened a support ticket yesterday and told Blizzard the truth, that my account had been hacked long ago, I just discovered it today when I wanted to check out classic, and is there anything they could do?

Didn't really expect anything other than "fuck you, china #1" but to my surprise a GM replied 12 hours later, told me all my banned accounts had been restored, which ones even had characters, and to enjoy my time in Azeroth. I'm not sure it's really enough to get me to play again (maybe on christmas day if the relatives have driven me insane) but I thought it was pretty cool, so if anyone else has a dead account you can try breathing some life back to it.

I had a rank 14 and a bunch of mounts including A'lar so its cool having it back at least

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I'm at 52 with my warrior. I somehow ended up falling into giant horde guild that is the first horde side to clear mc and kill ony. I have a feeling that by the time I finish the slog to 60 they'll all be tired of raiding. Plus I think we have like 50 warriors. Makes we wish I had rolled on your realm.

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
what server? we've got a crew on fairbanks that's still filling out, probably starting guild mc's "soon" (tm)