World of Warcraft: Classic

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just think, you could be the one to bring sidewalk shitting to the rest of California.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Easily. Get in a gorshak brd group ASAP and ride that till you’re ready to go work on your attunement shit around 59.
Was able to get a few different groups of this, and pushed 3 hour levels and went 52-55 over this past weekend. Was kind of weird, because through out the days that I was gaming, I'd try and find other AoE groups (spell cleave), and would always have troubles finding a Healer. Priest preferred, but I remember one night I was spamming LFG for over an hour and didn't get a single person. And this was for Arena runs.

Having done AOE groups since level 30, it's very tedious and annoying to go back to a "normal" group, and I have to laugh when I'm in a group that actually starts talking about CC. Like wut? Lol.

So I suppose I'm just taking the really slow approach to WoW Classic, and that's ok! Will get there eventually!

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just hit 51 or 52 over the weekend. Seems there are enough arena groups still running that I might try to get in some for exp especially if woe pvp is as bad as everyone is saying it will be tomorrow.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Apparently Dom thinks I'm wrong.

No, the HoJ certainly doesn't drop in arena, and few think otherwise. But people run arena on the way to angerforge for HoJ runs, and just call them "arena runs". I picarded your post because it was an unnecessary clarification for you to make.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
sure but private servers also went offline and rollbacks were a regular occurrence as well

with their powers combined!!...

I played on Northdale from November 18 until July 19, it had 2-3 days downtime due to some DDOS attacks but the actual server stability outside of that was great. Maybe 2-3 actual crashes I can remember.

The launch fiasco of classic is far worse than anything I experienced on Northdale

Khane

Got something right about marriage
No, the HoJ certainly doesn't drop in arena, and few think otherwise. But people run arena on the way to angerforge for HoJ runs, and just call them "arena runs". I picarded your post because it was an unnecessary clarification for you to make.

Well maybe that's a server thing. But on my server arena runs do not mean angerforge. They literally only do arena.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Well maybe that's a server thing. But on my server arena runs do not mean angerforge. They literally only do arena.

Sometimes arena runs do mean just arena, even on Whitemane, but the problem with just running Arena is that it goes too fast so you easily hit lockout. Running Angerforge as well for both XP and a chance at HoJ is just the smart thing to do. Because of this, various run compositions have fallen under the "arena run" term.

Crone

Sometimes arena runs do mean just arena, even on Whitemane, but the problem with just running Arena is that it goes too fast so you easily hit lockout. Running Angerforge as well for both XP and a chance at HoJ is just the smart thing to do. Because of this, various run compositions have fallen under the "arena run" term.
So you Picard him for clarification, only to then clarify how it works on Whitemane with an even higher level of detail? Kinda silly, don't you think?

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Khane

The funny thing is Dom is right. You will easily hit the lockout timer if you only do Arena. But people are so hellbent on only doing what they want to do, at least on my server. That they will commit entirely to doing arena runs, hit the lockout and disband. When they could easily widen the pool of willing applicants if they agree to also do Angerforge and/or Golemlord (which will also bring healers).

That's how IT SHOULD work. But it doesn't. In fact, most of the time these "run" groups disband after 2 or 3 runs when the selfish people with no attention span leave the group because they didn't get instant satisfaction. And that's why I mentioned it in the first place. Arena groups honestly do not even attempt Angerforge on my server. Before I got my HoJ I would message people spamming for arena groups saying "I'm in if you also do Angerforge" and about 9 out of 10 times I wouldn't even get a response.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
So you Picard him for clarification, only to then clarify how it works on Whitemane with an even higher level of detail? Kinda silly, don't you think?

One was uneccesary and the other wasn't, so no. Context matters.

It was a fucking reaction. This is not something worth arguing about.

Khane

It was a reaction to a tongue in cheek comment. So while the theory is correct, in practice, what I actually said was more correct. People who are forming groups for real farm groups spam for Arena/Angerforge runs. Not "Arena" runs.

I was commenting on the idiocy that is the ADD nature of the WoW community. Even in classic. The "community" people clamor for, is nonexistent in this day and age.

Crone

It was a reaction to a tongue in cheek comment. So while the theory is correct, in practice, what I actually said was more correct. People who are forming groups for real farm groups spam for Arena/Angerforge runs. Not "Arena" runs.

I was commenting on the idiocy that is the ADD nature of the WoW community. Even in classic. The "community" people clamor for, is nonexistent in this day and age.
As a Mage that has leveled exclusively in AoE/SpellCleave groups since level 30, the ADD nature of the WoW community is infuriating. Typically in an AoE group, it takes some explanation, and at least a couple runs for everyone to get it, and get going. Sometimes it works out, and you get a group that stays together for a while. Most of the time, you get 2-3 runs max, and someone bails, causing you to have to explain it all over again to the next group.

In hindsight, I should have created macros that just explained shit in group for different parts of the run. SM GY, Library, Armory, Cath, and then ZF. Those took me level 30-52. Been quite the ride!

And @Dom , you right. It's a dumb thing to fight over, my bad.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I never report anybody in this game unless they annoy me (and broke tos obv), which very rarely happens but I just waited 20 mins for ony buff and then finally got it, hearthed to darkshire, and some guy was on the rooftop ganking low levels which is a bannable offense ( and he killed me after waiting for that fuckin buff)

got like 10 other people he killed to report him with me

enjoy your ban retard

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
this happened the other night on our mc clear. i guess lava surgers charge radius is huge.

• 2Worf