World of Warcraft: Classic

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The top standing alliance on my server is a rogue that suicide kills AFK horde in Kargath all day long. Such great design. Putting the honor in honor kill right there.
Does he at least use sapper charges for his suicide bombing meme completion?

My honest opinion about that is that taking away invisibility from mages and then giving it rogues for no mana cost at infinite duration with absolutely no chance of detecting them in any way but by being dangerously close for most classes was their by far dumbest pvp move.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
The combination of honor being split up amongst your group/raid and the extreme diminishing returns in place currently makes soloing as many different people as possible each day the most effective way to build honor by far. I was standing 19 on my server and only had 600 HKs, meanwhile dudes spent tons more time than me in the TM-SS zerg raids and had 4000+ kills but less honor.

Sure. I rejected groups too for that reason. It's another reason why the honor system is an abortion.

Granting honor from PKs is far too exploitable/abusable/gameable. Honor should be granted from objectives only; and those objectives should force PvP. If BGs result in the top gainers doing nothing but killing AV NPCs and losing on purpose or PUG stomping next month, then that's another gigantic failure of design. This is a 14 years too late argument though; and I've made it many times. Blizzard could mitigate abuse somewhat by doing certain things. (like bringing back the older AV and implementing matchmaking) Like emus, the players on Classic servers are super hardcore and know all the exploits, so any abuse is just 10x worse than it used to be.

WoW's silky smooth twitchy client and play control is fantastic for PvP but they always failed to incentivize correctly. Such a shame.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If the mass combat / world PvP had even some of the shit that Warhammer Online had before its death I'd be playing nonstop. The system is just too shallow for me to be invested in what is going on while simultaneously forcing out some of the stuff I'd like to be doing.

The high energy of the playerbase and spectacle of it all is cool though.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Just a reminder that this is still available until my sub runs out (15 days from now)

Alright. Due to me needing to take a step away from raiding (and the game almost as a whole) due to unexpected changes in my work, I want to try to encourage replacements, so...

Anyone from the forums that rolls onto Whitemane Horde with the intent of raiding with the guild:
I'll pay for your level 40 mount.

Provided once you hit 40, up to 3 people, and hunters are ineligible. Tag me here in this thread once you start, and again (or just pm) once you hit 40.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Alright. Due to me needing to take a step away from raiding (and the game almost as a whole) due to unexpected changes in my work, I want to try to encourage replacements, so...

Anyone from the forums that rolls onto Whitemane Horde with the intent of raiding with the guild:
I'll pay for your level 60 epic mount.

Provided once you hit 60, up to 3 people, and hunters are ineligible. Tag me here in this thread once you start, and again (or just pm) once you hit 60.

Dude. You are the best!

I will take you up on this! I'm 1 bub from 59.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Dude. You are the best!

I will take you up on this! I'm 1 bub from 59.

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Trying to do this Rhok'Delar quest right now is the most obnoxious thing I've ever tried to do in video games in many years. Somebody tell these rogues that Kargath is better honor/time

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Trying to do this Rhok'Delar quest right now is the most obnoxious thing I've ever tried to do in video games in many years. Somebody tell these rogues that Kargath is better honor/time

I've got the WS and UG demon heads. I'm currently stuck on Silithus demon, since I haven't put too much effort into getting buffs and the warlock debuff, which I think makes the encounter a breeze.

The BS demon is just a matter of doing it without getting killed by passing alliance.

Kiki

Log Wizard
I've got the WS and UG demon heads. I'm currently stuck on Silithus demon, since I haven't put too much effort into getting buffs and the warlock debuff, which I think makes the encounter a breeze.

The BS demon is just a matter of doing it without getting killed by passing alliance.

We found out you have to frost trap to remove his enrage. Then he does little enough damage to survive which is the key I found. We found this out after I blew like 200g on consumables, after I frost trapped I got him the first try with room to spare. A warlock will help with the fear, which allows you to apply more dps but to me it's really the incoming damage that is the issue. I would rate the healthstone as more important at this point, and definitely a priest with fort and shadow protection. Remember to bandage, etc. Good luck!

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
There are multiple hunters at each quest npc spawn region at 9:00am on my server
I got the BS demon down this evening. There was a line waiting for him up path near the favorite spot to engage. So I spawned him far away from all that noise and carefully took him down in a very small area.

Only Silithus left

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
I got em done this morning/afternoon with a couple friends to ward away ganks. The quest would be far more amusing on a low pop PvE server...

Hardest part for me was avoiding leashes since they seem to leash after 10 seconds of not having hit them, which made mana a big issue requiring chugging major mana pots or rejuvs on cooldown. (even using rank 1 arcane shot) Kinda funny that in EQ, deaggro time is 10 minutes and in WoW it's 10 seconds.

Demon one kept fearing me away from him causing him to reset twice because I couldn't hit him again in time. Better that than being feared into beetles though. (which also happened)