World of Warcraft: Classic

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
It's not gonna take just five minutes in a week. That's just the gold rush right now. If you don't get it done now, expect having to do a full URBS.
That's mainly how it happened back then, I think. People right now are far more organized and aware of the thing.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I just finished attunement, took like 5 minutes to get the heavily contested tag even with some groups being formed for it, then I joined a cleared URBS for free and just walked in.

I wonder how this works for Alliance. It was a sea of green outside URBS.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
So it's not really a 5 min quest, you have to clear ubrs, unless someone cleared and you piggyback. I didn't think the dev team would make a major unlock to be a trivial quest.

I'm nowhere near 60 let alone ubrs. I have no skin in this game.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
My classic guild broke up. We lost a bunch of people when Alliance was camped to death on Herod and never really recovered to a full raid roster.

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd give you throughts and prayers but apparently this is a mobile microtransaction forum now.

• 7Worf
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I got you fam

Thoughtsandprayers2.gif

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
My classic guild broke up. We lost a bunch of people when Alliance was camped to death on Herod and never really recovered to a full raid roster.
PvP servers are awesome. Always. Nothing better.

(sarcasm tags missing)

Dalien

Registered Hodor
They would have been fine if Blizzard had made login queues per-faction.

Yup. And if they had reduced the server caps. Stay a while and listen.

Stalagg: A Tale

Stalagg was about 60:40 Horde for Phase 1 and it was fine. Sure we all got ganked sometimes, even corpse camped a couple times, but you could almost always go out in the world and accomplish quests or farming or whatever. Then Blizzard opened up two waves of free transfers, a bunch of Alliance went to Heartseeker, and we were down to about 70:30 H:A when Phase 2 hit.

Phase 2 brought about the great world PVP honor camp, where every flight path, 45+ zone, boats, and even fucking Ironforge were camped by Horde. This made the game essentially unplayable for Alliance for a month and during that time the majority of our casual pop either quit or rerolled somewhere else.

A big reason this all happened is because Blizzard underestimated demand and overestimated the number of players that would drop off early, leading to 10k+ players on the server when layering was removed. Back in Vanilla with 3k players per server, yeah flight paths and zones were camped, but you could always go somewhere else. With 10k on a server they were effectively able to camp the entire world map leaving nowhere to go, which drove tons of people to quit.

When BGs finally hit we were down to a roughly 80:20 H:A ratio. For those that toughed it out during Phase 2, it was fairly safe to go out in the world again now but the server was effectively on life support. No groups for dungeons, no new players/characters leveling, no one to recruit, trade chat is dead, AH is barren. After a couple of weeks like this and seeing that it's not going to get better, all of the major guilds Alliance side decided to leave. Some went to Sulfuras, others to Incendius.

We went to Incendius (53:47 H:A) on Tuesday and couldn't be happier. PvP servers are fine when it's a fairly balanced pop. It sucks we had to pay to transfer because they can't balance their own game; it's pretty clear they're putting the bare minimum effort possible to keep Classic up and running.

Anyways, I hope that was a cool story, here's Ironforge on Stalagg last night at primetime:

8wpy0zG.jpg

RIP Stalagg. The End.

• 7Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 11 users

Dalien

Registered Hodor
We're really enjoying it so far. Server is alive, tons of groups going and you can actually buy and sell shit on the AH (2,797 auctions on Stalagg last night when I checked, 18,594 on Incendius)*

For comparison, IF around the same time last night on Incendius:

h76fsUz.jpg

* - Subject to change of course, a month from now we could have mass transfers from either faction ruining the balance. But for now, it's the most balanced PvP server.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Welcome to incendious. The pop cap is fairly balanced but before BGs all the high level zones were camped as well. You couldn't do anything. Its pretty good now but it was pretty similar to Stalagg in that sense. Alliance mainly afked in Ironforge. I was level 50 when phase 2 hit. I spent quite a bit of time in those areas getting passed around by groups of horde corpse campers.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Welcome to incendious. The pop cap is fairly balanced but before BGs all the high level zones were camped as well. You couldn't do anything. Its pretty good now but it was pretty similar to Stalagg in that sense. Alliance mainly afked in Ironforge. I was level 50 when phase 2 hit. I spent quite a bit of time in those areas getting passed around by groups of horde corpse campers.

Nice, didn't know you were playing here as well. I was level 54 when phase 2 hit so I felt that pain too. Ended up grinding bird/ogres fairly peacefully in Deadwind Pass to 57 until the Horde spread there, then I moved to the crypts under Karazhan to 60 (endless stream of 59-60 mobs down there and nobody goes there). I grinded mobs a couple hours a night for two weeks and never saw another player down there. It was truly the last safe place in Azeroth for us at the time.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Nice, didn't know you were playing here as well. I was level 54 when phase 2 hit so I felt that pain too. Ended up grinding bird/ogres fairly peacefully in Deadwind Pass to 57 until the Horde spread there, then I moved to the crypts under Karazhan to 60 (endless stream of 59-60 mobs down there and nobody goes there). I grinded mobs a couple hours a night for two weeks and never saw another player down there. It was truly the last safe place in Azeroth for us at the time.
Midir -60 noob Paladin. I have not been on to much the last couple weeks though.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Midir -60 noob Paladin. I have not been on to much the last couple weeks though.

Cool hope to see you around, I'd love to do some chill dungeon runs or w/e sometime. I'm a noob casual too and don't do shit but the guild is really stronk, they roll like 120 deep into BRD and just setup a coalition with other Ally guilds to start locking down world bosses.

• 1Like