World of Warcraft: Classic

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Keystone Keystone

This is the WoW classic thread, not the FoH Classic Guild thread. You can recruit here if you want.

Your guild is inferior to the FoH classic guild though and anyone that joins it instead of the FoH guild is a giant pansy.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I had a great time raiding with all of you dudes in FOH. (Shortshot here) Unfortunately I kinda lost interest in the whole classic thing. Population was a major factor with everything being camped to all hell. But great bunch of dudes. Leadership was solid and coordination was top notch. Loot was really fair IMO.

That all went away with Battlegrounds. World feels a lot more normal sized now rather than overcrowded.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i doubt naxx will be hard for this crop of raiders. Naxx was hard back then but people didn't know what the fuck they were doing.

This batch of raiders min maxes the shit out of the game. I expect naxx will be cleared by day 1 or 2 by the best guilds, week 1 for most people.
actually most people wiped on vael and firemaw over and over and quit for the week. Even warcraftlogs is full of abandoned runs.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
No ones trying to “poach your players” lol. Literally just posted saying if any old friends were looking to let me know because we have a crew of old timers and it’s fun to play with friends from back in the day. You trying to make it into some territorial pissing match is hilarious though. So again as I said before suck my balls.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
No ones trying to “poach your players” lol. Literally just posted saying if any old friends were looking to let me know because we have a crew of old timers and it’s fun to play with friends from back in the day. You trying to make it into some territorial pissing match is hilarious though. So again as I said before suck my balls.

Ehh don't mind them they are just being rowdy. Still forum decorum dictates I must call you a faggot and insist you eat my ass.

giphy.gif

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
If we get any bros rolling Whitemane Horde side hit up Sszeth I’ll try and help with dungeon runs while leveling up. (Special treatment for shaman and priests)

• 2Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
If we get any bros rolling Whitemane Horde side hit up Sszeth I’ll try and help with dungeon runs while leveling up. (Special treatment for shaman and priests)
I was very short of rolling two accounts and dualbox war/shm, but latency probably would probably suck and I am hesitant to pay 15 bucks to test it out.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
There is nothing really challenging about the mechanics or game play in classic. You aren't telling us anything we don't already know. The classes are imbalanced as fuck, the gear ranges from flat out dog shit to stupidly overpowered from the same raid zones, and the biggest difficulty is timing world buffs and logging your characters on and off around them. Only issues with any instance is remembering the finer detail points of positioning, and making slight adjustments since we haven't spent the last 5 years on some private server refining every last aspect of the game. Nor would we want to.

The biggest challenge is managing 40+ people at once and trying to keep everyone happy in a world where loot is far more scarce a resource. And you have way more personalities who some mesh well and some do not. Even so each kill in classic is vastly more satisfying than anything retail is currently offering. Each item awarded is vastly more satisfying than anything retail has to offer. Not having 430 versions of the same boss who drops 386 different color variations of the same item is vastly more satisfying than anything retail has to offer. It actually being a game instead of some e-sport horseshit where you are forced to sit your friends on content instead of transfering 50 times at $25.00 a pop to play in some guild you hate to get 10 mythic epeen points only to find out you fucked up and quit to play FF14 or whatever other anime faggot game is vastly more satisfying than anything retail has to offer.
Jeez I feel attacked

• 2Worf

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
lol you guys claiming "most" guilds will do X need to check warcraftlogs. On my server, 3 guilds cleared BWL opening night out of 17 that raided it. There are now 7 that have cleared it out of 37 total, and 4 of the 7 required two raid nights. "Most" guilds will absolutely not clear Naxx the week it opens, even though the top guilds in the world will have it cleared in a couple hours.

• 2Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
So I have not been playing classic much since I hit 60 on my holy pally. My faggot friends quit after making me roll alliance.

So now ive got a priest and shaman on Whitemane where I wanted to be originally. Not sure which I want to level. I'm sure I'll have to heal bitch either way.

I played resto shammy heavily in TBC but it was pretty different than classic.

I think I would like which ever will be the most fun in PvP and down time.

• 2Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Shaman has a lot more options available, especially if you want to pvp on the side.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I was very short of rolling two accounts and dualbox war/shm, but latency probably would probably suck and I am hesitant to pay 15 bucks to test it out.

I found a program called level buddy that made it easy to two box. Clones your key strokes to the second client and you can decide which keys not to clone and when you hit w it’ll auto follow your main account and can clone your clicks too.

Used it to PL a new mage with my resto Druid healing me on mouse wheel up lol. Also do stealth runs with my rogue and Druid, although haven’t been good enough to two box tribute runs.

It’s free too. Levelbuddy official site

I used isboxer in the past but didn’t want to go through all that setup since I don’t two box all the time and this level buddy took me ten minutes to set up. I made cast sequence macros and such bound them to like mouse wheel up mouse wheel down for the second account but that’s just my method.

• 2Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
Is it retarded if the main reason I decided against r14 is because you don't get to keep your title in vanilla? lol cause that's all I really care about, fuck a weapon

semi same for scarab lord except that title doesn't even exist until tbc

It's not the grind stopping me (well kinda scarab lord cause my previous guild already told me no lol) but the cosmetics of it.

xzi

Mouthbreather
nope, only gear is still equipable. You lose the title when you lose rank, it's pretty dumb honestly lol

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Do you lose lose it, or once they fix it in TBC or whatever is it restored?

I remember having the lame stone guard title or whatever in TBC