World of Warcraft: Classic

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
It was impressive how smoothly each chromagg and Nef attempt went. Second attempt kills

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Not to belittle the achievement, but Classic WoW raiding is incredibly easy. Except for maybe Naxx, but we'll see when it releases if it's as ball breakingly hard as it was back in vanilla.

I kind of wish MMOs went back to that model of raiding, where it's a minor challenge but it's kind of relaxing and entertaining rather than frenetic and frustrating.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
i doubt naxx will be hard for this crop of raiders. Naxx was hard back then but people didn't know what the fuck they were doing.

This batch of raiders min maxes the shit out of the game. I expect naxx will be cleared by day 1 or 2 by the best guilds, week 1 for most people.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Difference is we all know the strats this time, they were lazy and released the game with 1.12 itemization and talents, and of course these first two raids are not difficult when you combine those two things.

Not much you can do about the first thing but BWL would have been more difficult if everyone didn't massively out gear every encounter. Would have been interesting if they had tuned some of this shit around today's dps/gear.

I remember back when we originally did Nef almost getting overrun by the adds in phase one but now they're melting one by one almost and thus it was no challenge whatsoever.

I'm still gonna guess Twin Emps and C'thun will be more challenging but they won't be broken and we will still massively out gear it.

Regardless, part of the fun is raiding with 39 other boomers in a real guild unlike modern 20 man mythic guilds or worse LFR'ing and playing the game like a single player game.

I'm going to guess we will be clearing BWL week two in 2 hours or less now that we have our Vael and Firemaw(surprisingly the most challenging BWL boss lol) strats down.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
You fucks need to stop recruiting on the guild forum and come join us on Whitemane instead.

Well issue is we need like 2 people not to join 50. Also from what I"m aware this isn't "your guild forum", additionally I was actually in the guild the forum was based on, so suck my balls.

• 2Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 2 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Well issue is we need like 2 people not to join 50. Also from what I"m aware this isn't "your guild forum", additionally I was actually in the guild the forum was based on, so suck my balls.
Uh so was I and that guild is fucking dead, so yeah, this is our guild forum.

Additionally, we run an alt raid and just with normal attrition I'm sure if someone puts in the effort they'll end up with a spot. After all, we downed Nef with 38 people last night.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
i doubt naxx will be hard for this crop of raiders. Naxx was hard back then but people didn't know what the fuck they were doing.

This batch of raiders min maxes the shit out of the game. I expect naxx will be cleared by day 1 or 2 by the best guilds, week 1 for most people.
By the time Naxx was out, people knew what they were doing. But people spent over a month trying to figure out 4H with a strat that didn't involve 8 tanks.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Nah most guilds didn't' know the min maxing of WOW even in naxx. Hell most guilds still have no fucking idea how to min max on live even with the all the crazy tools available. People play dumb specs with sub optimal everything because they just don't know/care.

Most people currently playing classic are more prone to spreadsheet math / min maxing.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
There is nothing really challenging about the mechanics or game play in classic. You aren't telling us anything we don't already know. The classes are imbalanced as fuck, the gear ranges from flat out dog shit to stupidly overpowered from the same raid zones, and the biggest difficulty is timing world buffs and logging your characters on and off around them. Only issues with any instance is remembering the finer detail points of positioning, and making slight adjustments since we haven't spent the last 5 years on some private server refining every last aspect of the game. Nor would we want to.

The biggest challenge is managing 40+ people at once and trying to keep everyone happy in a world where loot is far more scarce a resource. And you have way more personalities who some mesh well and some do not. Even so each kill in classic is vastly more satisfying than anything retail is currently offering. Each item awarded is vastly more satisfying than anything retail has to offer. Not having 430 versions of the same boss who drops 386 different color variations of the same item is vastly more satisfying than anything retail has to offer. It actually being a game instead of some e-sport horseshit where you are forced to sit your friends on content instead of transfering 50 times at $25.00 a pop to play in some guild you hate to get 10 mythic epeen points only to find out you fucked up and quit to play FF14 or whatever other anime faggot game is vastly more satisfying than anything retail has to offer.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I feel like the biggest min max advantage now is spec related. There were so many dog shit talent specs back then and people cared less to research too.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>

There absolutely is an official Fires of Heaven WoW classic guild - this one - not sure if you've been under a rock and thus missed it. We also have people in this guild who were "in the guild the forum was based on" so any kind of fellatio is out of the question.

I wouldn't come to your forum to poach your players, I expect the same courtesy from you. The forum guild could also benefit from a few additional players as mentioned.

Last edited:
  • 3Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I had a great time raiding with all of you dudes in FOH. (Shortshot here) Unfortunately I kinda lost interest in the whole classic thing. Population was a major factor with everything being camped to all hell. But great bunch of dudes. Leadership was solid and coordination was top notch. Loot was really fair IMO.

• 3Like