World of Warcraft: Classic

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The goal of any big, publicly traded company is always to make money for its shareholders. This is much easier as you're growing and innovating but ultimately every company gets to a point where they get too big, too bloated, run out of innovative ideas and rely on cutting costs to increase revenue. Which means their customers (and usually employees) suffer. It's always a short sighted, short term solution but Executives get their bonuses and can move on to other companies before it all blows up in their face and someone else is left holding the bag.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If you ain't growing you shrinkin' and if you shrinkin' you're dying so find a way to get us 2% annually or get the fuck out of the way.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
The goal of any big, publicly traded company is always to make money for its shareholders.
There's two types of companies. The ones whose product is what they sell to customers (while making a living for their employees), and the ones whose product is the revenue to shareholders.

The latter tend to adopt weird behaviors, because ultimately, how they make money doesn't matter - unlike a product, money doesn't have a quality; a dollar is a dollar.

(I watched the company in which I started working 35 years ago "reinvent itself" twice now, basically having the "bright idea" to move from industrial products to essentially half-baked finance, because manipulating numbers seemed to work as well as having customers actually buy your product. Corona will probably end up killing them)

• 1Like

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Dalien Dalien Dont be a stranger. Saw a lot of talk in guild chat today, about you getting scarab lord back in vanilla. You fucking sweaty nerd, you!

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Dalien Dalien Dont be a stranger. Saw a lot of talk in guild chat today, about you getting scarab lord back in vanilla. You fucking sweaty nerd, you!

I'm still around, just not on a lot while I clear out some backlogged games. Yeah I was pretty sweaty back then, got Atiesh during vanilla too heh. Now my best pieces of gear are my Rank7 gloves and boots!

Oh and if you want to hear something really nuts, one of the other guys who got Scarab Lord on our server in vanilla is planning on doing it again in classic.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I was reading this and chuckling to myself that this was the company that killed Everquest. Then I remembered the reason why they did is because SoE was actually WORSE.

Why the fuck are companies completely incapable of managing free money machines?

98.9% of all game devs are complete morons and deserve zero respect whatsoever. They're bottom of the barrel losers that make every little design choice a fucking root canal for the players. This has always been true. I contend that things are even worse now because the video games industry is now a gender confusion cult on top of all the usual bullshit. Now not only do they lack the ability to make something that doesn't suck, they're not even trying. Too busy disappointing their fathers.

• 5Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 7 users

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is why i like raiding in classic. You can just relax and bullshit for a few hours.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think we could go for a sub hour if one of our tanks didn't forget to put their ony cloak on or fat finger the taunt on Firemaw.

Jasker

Brown officer title, just like Kaige
They just removed layering, and also removed character creation restrictions.

If anyone has any interest or think they may in the future, now is the time to create a character on Whitemane (can just be a placeholder character that takes two seconds to make).

They could turn character creation off again any minute.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Made a character and got it in the guild. Thanks for the update on creation.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

sike

Silver Knight of the Realm
Ironically as a casual nowadays, playing in a hardcore guild is easier for me. Our full world buffed raid consistently clears BWL in sub 30 mins, followed by sub 40 mins in MC, a quick ony and a 30 min ZG. All in all, one night a week for a few hours keeps my wife happy!

• 2Like

lost

<Bronze Donator>
wow zg too? legit. 30 min bwl is pretty awesome, ours is at 55 minutes but i know that feeling, just get in and get out.

• 1Like

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
We do BWL in 35 and MC in 40. Ony is over in about 3 minutes. Depending on which ZG you roll with can be 40-1.5

The BWL/MC/Ony once a week is a lifesaver for my real life. I don’t know how the casuals grind out world buffs for 2 separate nights and then spend two nights in BWL and MC, with ZG resets throw in. Sounds terrible.

Almost done with my CC rep, and am Timbermaw exalted. This account gonna sell for some dough someday.

sike

Silver Knight of the Realm
The only partially annoying world buff to get (on an active server) is DMT - either you get a group, or you whisper a hunter and pop an invis potion/gnomish cloaking device. Either way, that step takes maybe 45 mins max.

The rest of the buffs are on timers with mods (nova world buffs) and enough people on the server have the mods so that it's easy to grab SF and ony/nef and then a quick ZG heart buff.

It takes very little time - probably 1 hour max of faffing and logistics (that I spread over a week).

Quineloe - there area few optional bosses in ZG, most people seem to do a fairly consistent route of starting with Jindo, going clockwise from there to Hakkar and mostly not bothering with Edge of Madness unless someone specifically needs it that week.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
world buffs are easy if you just raidlog but if you actually play the game its harder, especially if you dont have multiple 60s to farm on while you are camped out on your main.

• 2Like

nisser

Trakanon Raider
I can't wait to see the drop in enthusiasm for world buffs when people start losing their buffs on AQ trash.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity