World of Warcraft: Classic

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
It's pretty obvious that the people who run retail hate and have hated the idea of a classic server ever since it was mentioned 5 years ago or whenever that infamous Ion clip is from. So I guess that's why you hire someone to do it?
I imagine then see it as a direct indictment on their dev ability. As they should.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
Ion is a moron. I dunno who Brack is but he works for Blizzard in 2020 so he’s a moron degenerate scumbag too.

Brack is this smug faggot who is insulting the companies most loyal fanbase that payed to attend a 3 day infomercial. After this he would go on to become the new President of Blizzard Entertainment.

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Radikus

Trakanon Raider
I finally re-subbed now that I have lots more time to play. I see the horde guild is still active, what are your raid days now? Does AQ + BWL + MC take multiple nights? I was thinking of making playing a mage, will take awhile to get to 60, you guys recruiting raiders? Is it still loot council with that spreadsheet the one guy made?

Also, what the fuck is up with AV queue timer??? 2 hours? WSG and AB were like insta pop. Does AV pop faster on bonus weekend or is practically impossible to get rep now?

Last edited:

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I finally re-subbed now that I have lots more time to play. I see the horde guild is still active, what are your raid days now? Does AQ + BWL + MC take multiple nights? I was thinking of making playing a mage, will take awhile to get to 60, you guys recruiting raiders? Is it still loot council with that spreadsheet the one guy made?

Also, what the fuck is up with AV queue timer??? 2 hours? WSG and AB were like insta pop. Does AV pop faster on bonus weekend or is practically impossible to get rep now?

Double message

Last edited:

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Tue-Wed-Thur 6pm to 9pm

This week we did AQ40 minus Visc on Tue, and Visc/BWL/MC on Wed.

We're short on Shamans. Fuck your mage. Still loot council, still spreadsheet, still same leadership.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Tue-Wed-Thur 6pm to 9pm

We're short on Shamans. Fuck your mage. Still loot council, still spreadsheet, still same leadership.
Sorry I have not been there. I have not bailed I promise. Had some RL stuff with the family getting in the way of things and I'm getting promoted at work so there has been a couple late week nights. Hopefully back to regular raiding ASAP.

• 1Like

Radikus

Trakanon Raider
Tue-Wed-Thur 6pm to 9pm

Bah, no way i'm playing my shaman, I made that dude to play with my warrior friend who quit shortly after launch. Gonna play my mage, he's level 6 but has a huge dong. Can I hit you or another officer up for a social invite? Maybe someday he will see 60, depends on how hardcore I get about this.

For reals, what's up with the AV queues? Are they better on AV weekend? When I stopped playing due to reduced play time cause IRL stuff all the horde queues were really bad.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
For reals, what's up with the AV queues? Are they better on AV weekend? When I stopped playing due to reduced play time cause IRL stuff all the horde queues were really bad.

Hopefully I don't get dogpiled for this but I'll explain why the AV queues suck for Horde, from an Alliance perspective. TL;DL: map is dogshit so Alliance stopped queueing. 99%/1% Horde win rate. From my my personal experience grinding to Rank 11 I'd say WSG/AB maps are balanced, roughly 50% win rate when it's pug vs pug. AV on the other hand is extremely imbalanced. Would you like to know more?

Basically they were lazy and gave us the 1.12 map that is not balanced at all, it was in the game for like a month before TBC came out and they added reinforcements. This was back in 2005 when we were all retards and didn't know how to play so the flaws weren't so exposed. They eventually moved the Horde cave back south later in TBC when people figured out how broken it was.

The first forward GY for each team are SHGY (Alliance) and IBGY (Horde). This version of the map has the Horde cave right next to IBGY where if they die they rez at the cave 20 at a time, 20 seconds away. If Alliance dies at their forward GY (SHGY) they get sent back to SPGY where they rez 10 at a time, 50 seconds away. This compounds into like a 200vs40 situation where Alliance has to severely outplay the Horde to have a chance.

Horde can just ignore IBGY and just has to zerg SHGY and soft cap it, and all Alliance get sent to the north of the map and choked off from going south for the rest of the game. Then Horde can retake IBGY at their leisure due to cave respawns, rezzing 20 at a time and whittling down whatever Alliance offense is still south.

I could go on about other things but that's the basics of it. Alliance does queue on AV weekends and actually win once in a while if we're facing a soup helmet Horde team, so yeah queues are a little bit shorter then. Overall I would expect them to get longer though because the only Alliance doing AV now are 51-59 alts and rep farmers.

A simple fix that might bring Alliance back is if they made it so you don't rez in the cave until there's no other GY's left. They won't of course, but here's some light reading on the subject if anyone is interested: AV Cave Rez situation

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The first iteration of AV on classic was also a shit show where Alliance just rushed Drek and were able to exploit pathing resulting in many sub 10 minute alliance wins. Even if horde successfully defended it was still a 50/50 chance of a horde win because ally could just... do the same thing again.

Queues on AV weekends are better but still over an hour.

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Alliance deserve all the losses from their Drak rush shit

Die mad faggots

• 5Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 5 users

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
If I were interesting in resubbing just to spam BG's while I level how would I get lowest queue times? Underpopulated alliance server or something?

• 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
If I were interesting in resubbing just to spam BG's while I level how would I get lowest queue times? Underpopulated alliance server or something?

They are in battle groups so individual server population probably does not matter. Alliance have less pop over all though so queues are shorter. If you want a lot of world pvp options though play alliance on a low alliance pop server.

• 1Like

Radikus

Trakanon Raider
Hopefully I don't get dogpiled for this but I'll explain why the AV queues suck for Horde, from an Alliance perspective. TL;DL: map is dogshit so Alliance stopped queueing. 99%/1% Horde win rate. From my my personal experience grinding to Rank 11 I'd say WSG/AB maps are balanced, roughly 50% win rate when it's pug vs pug. AV on the other hand is extremely imbalanced. Would you like to know more?

Basically they were lazy and gave us the 1.12 map that is not balanced at all, it was in the game for like a month before TBC came out and they added reinforcements. This was back in 2005 when we were all retards and didn't know how to play so the flaws weren't so exposed. They eventually moved the Horde cave back south later in TBC when people figured out how broken it was.

The first forward GY for each team are SHGY (Alliance) and IBGY (Horde). This version of the map has the Horde cave right next to IBGY where if they die they rez at the cave 20 at a time, 20 seconds away. If Alliance dies at their forward GY (SHGY) they get sent back to SPGY where they rez 10 at a time, 50 seconds away. This compounds into like a 200vs40 situation where Alliance has to severely outplay the Horde to have a chance.

Horde can just ignore IBGY and just has to zerg SHGY and soft cap it, and all Alliance get sent to the north of the map and choked off from going south for the rest of the game. Then Horde can retake IBGY at their leisure due to cave respawns, rezzing 20 at a time and whittling down whatever Alliance offense is still south.

I could go on about other things but that's the basics of it. Alliance does queue on AV weekends and actually win once in a while if we're facing a soup helmet Horde team, so yeah queues are a little bit shorter then. Overall I would expect them to get longer though because the only Alliance doing AV now are 51-59 alts and rep farmers.

A simple fix that might bring Alliance back is if they made it so you don't rez in the cave until there's no other GY's left. They won't of course, but here's some light reading on the subject if anyone is interested: AV Cave Rez situation

Makes sense, thanks for explanation. Basically it just means I can't get AV rep in a reasonable amount of time for a horde char, which blows ass.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Makes sense, thanks for explanation. Basically it just means I can't get AV rep in a reasonable amount of time for a horde char, which blows ass.

As long as you can play long enough to get in and finish an AV game I got exalted quite a bit faster on my horde than alliance. You are generally always getting maximum rep on the horde side.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you queue once you hit 51 or whatever, and sit in the queue while you quest, it won't seem as tedious. I started when I was 58 and hit revered just as I hit 60. The slog to exalted almost made me suicidal.

• 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
If you queue once you hit 51 or whatever, and sit in the queue while you quest, it won't seem as tedious. I started when I was 58 and hit revered just as I hit 60. The slog to exalted almost made me suicidal.
This is what I did on my shaman. I would queue up at 60 and go quest or gather ore or farm rep until it popped.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
Sebudai Sebudai how do I get someone to take a crowbar down to Bliz HQ and explain things so they actually learn?

WoW Classic Realms now on One Layer

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Over the weeks since several high-population realms were configured to allow two layers, and therefore twice as many concurrent players, we’ve carefully observed and tracked the player populations on those realms. Our goal has been to reach a conclusion – a time at which we could safely “delayer” and return those realms to the same population controls as every other realm.

Today, we have done exactly that. All realms in this region are now operating without layers.

Additionally, we’ve disabled the temporary restrictions on character transfers from realm to realm in this region.

WoW Classic - Character Transfer Restrictions

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Updated August 21

All standard realm-to-realm character transfers are now available. There are currently no realms restricted for character transfers.

• 4Worf
  • 2Picard
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 6 users