World of Warcraft: Classic

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
Anyone acting like it's some forgone conclusion that there will be

Classic +, Fresh Classic Servers, Progression Server is almost as delusional as the people who believe in Pantheon.

Hell even though all signs point to TBC even assuming that is 100% guaranteed means you have no idea what dumbfuck small indie company you are talking about.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Even if TBC comes out, it will be buggy as shit and people will be exploiting the fuck out of it.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I dont see them doing new classic servers for a long time. Itll be TBC then WotLK for sure.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cons of TBC:
- flying mounts
- they already abandoned major dungeons in TBC such as BRD, Scholomance, Blackrock Spire in favor of short tube dungeons. Trash group x3, boss, trash group x3, boss, trash group x3, final boss. 30 minutes, reset.

Pros:
more fleshed out crafting professions
better balanced talent trees
far less shitty designed loot

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
If they release TBC with the nerfed versions of everything it will be just as bad as what they did with Classic.

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
They launched WoW classic with the 1.12 patch because that was the earliest build of the game they had to work with.

They have every patch after, so they can launch TBC on the final patch, or they can launch TBC with the 2.0 patch. It's up to them.

Personally I'd like to see them launch on the 2.0 patch with bug fixes.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Cons of TBC:
- flying mounts
- they already abandoned major dungeons in TBC such as BRD, Scholomance, Blackrock Spire in favor of short tube dungeons. Trash group x3, boss, trash group x3, boss, trash group x3, final boss. 30 minutes, reset.

Pros:
more fleshed out crafting professions
better balanced talent trees
far less shitty designed loot

this guy..
CONS: not open now
PROS: arena!!!!!!!

• 2Worf
  • 1Fal'len
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
If they wanted to do it right they could do item progression following actual patches.. but also remove all the bugs, but that is asking to much from these people.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Didn't they hire the person from EQ who was responsible for all the progression content? I mean, it seems to me like they are going to do SOMETHING more with Classic servers, whether its progression or not.

Of course this is Blizzard so she's probably working on Diablo 4.

• 1Worf

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Didn't they hire the person from EQ who was responsible for all the progression content? I mean, it seems to me like they are going to do SOMETHING more with Classic servers, whether its progression or not.

Of course this is Blizzard so she's probably working on Diablo 4.
They brought on Holly Longdale from EQ who basically invented this entire concept if I am correct?

• 1Like

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
They brought on Holly Longdale from EQ who basically invented this entire concept if I am correct?
I assume Holly is this person’s new name after transitioning since that seems to be a job requirement for working at Blizzard.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
They also just brought on Jonathan "Prathun" Caraker. The EQ dev largely responsible for much of the balancing and instancing implementation on EQ TLPs since Ragefire.

If you think Blizzard isn't setting up the cash cow that is progression servers you are delusional. Once they are setup you can release a new one every year and nostalgia seekers will flock to throw money at you, and keep sub numbers up as an alternative to live servers for mid-content drop boredom. All with recycled content that is already made.

Even dead ass RIFT managed to bring their numbers up for a bit when they released their progression server last year. Problem they had was that it got rushed out and had horrible balancing in both the leveling process and in group instance tuning because of untested changes they made.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

lost

<Bronze Donator>
holly invented what concept? she started sleeper/combine TLPs? or you mean the truebox concept. she also started the forced guild rotation which when they ended up banning a guild over it, the guild got unbanned with 24 hours and they admitted they couldnt enforce the rotation. she also denied there was a platinum dupe on ragefire for a WEEK while everyone duped kronos, items and platinum. theres a whole laundry list more. she's inept.

thats cool they got prathun lol too bad for the eq TLPs.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Maybe Im missing something here but why would they need to hire another person to do something so obvious?

• 1Worf

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I don’t know, but they hired two somebody’s to do it so it looks like TLP or something like it is going to be a big push.

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's pretty obvious that the people who run retail hate and have hated the idea of a classic server ever since it was mentioned 5 years ago or whenever that infamous Ion clip is from. So I guess that's why you hire someone to do it?

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
They launched WoW classic with the 1.12 patch because that was the earliest build of the game they had to work with.

I recall some interview where they said they had data going back to 1.8 or something but choose 1.12 because it was 'the most complete' or whatever

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's pretty obvious that the people who run retail hate and have hated the idea of a classic server ever since it was mentioned 5 years ago or whenever that infamous Ion clip is from. So I guess that's why you hire someone to do it?
Its very obvious Ion and Brack hate it. Retail is a garbage product.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users