World of Warcraft: Classic

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
"Let's just branch off with an entirely new expansion and time line" levels of success is what I want to see.
I'd like Burning Crusade as a branch off point, because that was when a lot of specs (shadow priest, prot/retribution paladin, balance/feral/guardian druid) became really viable, classes weren't streamlined yet, we still had talent trees, and boss/raid design became much more varied. Everything after that however is up for debate: WotLK had great raids like Ulduar and shit raids like the Coliseum, positive QoL additions like dual spec, but also things like the random dungeon finder which most people see as the point in time where Blizzard started to kill off server communities.

The only stupid thing about Burning Crusade in my opinion were the dedicated daily quest hubs.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm sure I'm going to load this up, but the reality is I have a wife, two kids, two business, and a shit ton of other stuff going on. There is just zero way I can be competitive. It's very difficult for me to go from my original Vanilla experience to being some uncompetitive and unreliable person who can't even make half the raids due to RL stuff. I can't be the only one in this type of situation.
I've had the same situation when restarting on Project 1999 and I found that a good game doesn't require you to go super hardcore. Casual WoW is a thing and it has been for millions of players. There's no need to be competitive, especially since today I can just lean back and tell myself back in the day I was better than that guy anyways, he probably did not have server first Ragnaros when it mattered.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I've had the same situation when restarting on Project 1999 and I found that a good game doesn't require you to go super hardcore. Casual WoW is a thing and it has been for millions of players. There's no need to be competitive, especially since today I can just lean back and tell myself back in the day I was better than that guy anyways, he probably did not have server first Ragnaros when it mattered.

My thoughts exactly - besides being cutting edge on a 14 year old game with every raid encounter figured out isn't exactly "cutting edge".

I've enjoyed playing WoW Lights Hope far more than I thought I would. I think I'm in for Classic, levelling at my own pace and seeing what happens

• 1Like

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's no need to be competitive, especially since today I can just lean back and tell myself back in the day I was better than that guy anyways, he probably did not have server first Ragnaros when it mattered.

I loaded up EQ a few years back to check out all the new shit, and I had no clue where my character was so I asked for help. Someone legit told me to level to 50 the real way.

• 1Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I turned my Level 65 PoTime equipped Wizard into a few hundred dollars the moment I saw what WoW was like and what GoD raiding was like.

The latter definitely contributed more to the decision, just btw.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Going to start an exploratory committee on starting an FoH guild on classic.

How many of you already have a crew that you are going to run with? Most of you?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

agripa

Molten Core Raider
I'm sure I'm going to load this up, but the reality is I have a wife, two kids, two business, and a shit ton of other stuff going on. There is just zero way I can be competitive. It's very difficult for me to go from my original Vanilla experience to being some uncompetitive and unreliable person who can't even make half the raids due to RL stuff. I can't be the only one in this type of situation.

pay to win? In vanilla we used to sell our unwanted epics to people we took along to raids for like 25-100 bucks an epic. I am pretty sure one Chinese guy paid our raid leaders rent for that year or two.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

How many of you already have a crew that you are going to run with? Most of you?

I have raised the subject inside the TR facebook group but think the majority are retired/too busy. If nobody from TR is up for it then my best option might be rolling on an EU server, it depends how many people here are going to play.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>

You
Wife
Two Kids

that's a LF1M DPS Strath

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

I have raised the subject inside the TR facebook group but think the majority are retired/too busy. If nobody from TR is up for it then my best option might be rolling on an EU server, it depends how many people here are going to play.

I propose that the primary objective be to get as many folk and related folk onto the same server first. People have their own complicated affiliations making guild planning difficult but if everyone is mostly together that allows maximum options going forward for people to play with and against each other.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider

I just assumed there would be a FOH guild ready to go, so count me in. Plus a couple of my friends too.

Assuming we have the same ideas about server rules and faction

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wife and I will be playing Horde, haven't given much thought to a guild. There will be multiple servers?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Wife and I will be playing Horde, haven't given much thought to a guild. There will be multiple servers?

Eight or so I think? Some PvP some PvE.

I don't think I have the heart to play through vanilla PvP again. I did it once in era to say I climbed that mountain but getting random exploded by max level rogues wasn't compelling game play.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We'll probably end up on a PvP server then, no way the wife will accept not being able to punish shitheads, and I genuinely think she'll enjoy griefing people -- married her for a reason, you know.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Not really, it's more that you get these servers where the pop limit is 10x what the original was and everyone wants to raid you end up with 10-20 guilds fighting over these mobs where the true classic experience was that maybe 3-4 did.

The wow open world won't be quite as bad since so much is instanced and with 1.12 talents the resist gear from open world won't even matter. Trying to remember how kazzak and azuregos even had that was BIS, azuregos was for hunter epic I think so that might be contested a ton.
Think azuregos has a nice +frost want or offhand for frost mages. Not sure if its even BiS tho

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
Sharding in starting zones for the first week or whatever, nothing beyond that. Lets all the BfA tourists or whoever else roll a character and get bored without making everyone sit in queues or deal with renames and server merges when the initial zerg dies down a bit.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
PvP server all the way for me, even though the shitty language barrier means opposing players are virtual npcs

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>

I'll join an FoH guild

... but I can never commit to regular raiding =|

Tactician

Ancient

I don't have anything set in stone so I'd love to join up, but looking to go alliance because blessing of salvation is my crutch