World of Warcraft: Classic

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Getting that Asscandy on my warrior was strictly about raping in PvP.

Yeah I got a pre-nerf Untamed Blade on my Tauren Warrior. Remember my first time using it in a BG. Saw a Gnome >> Charge >> Blade Proc >> sword spec proc >> he died.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Yeah I got a pre-nerf Untamed Blade on my Tauren Warrior. Remember my first time using it in a BG. Saw a Gnome >> Charge >> Blade Proc >> sword spec proc >> he died.

No hand of Justice? Lol

Some good times were had spamming MS and hamstring

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
The more I think about them using the current client and trying to remove stuff the more I realize its gonna be like some Daybreak bastardization and not the classic experience that the emus almost nail perfectly.

Not to mention with them removing completely valid criticisms, it smells like what happened with the new Ghostbusters movie and all the comment deletion surrounding that.

Like, god, please don't fuck this up. Even the emulated servers with unpaid staff are putting out nearly exactly what we want.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
There are things that desperately need changed though.

Beyond obvious exploits that were fixed in later patches, no way in hell do I think the original honor system should be implented as it was.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
There are things that desperately need changed though.

Beyond obvious exploits that were fixed in later patches, no way in hell do I think the original honor system should be implented as it was.
The vanilla honor system is literally the least of anyone's concerns. If, and they should, keep that as it was, anyone who earns it would have deserved that shit show "reward". At least it pin pointed the one piece of shit on the server who either shared their account or had nothing better to do. One person. Not whoever ranked, one. One asshole. Who likely never logs in again after "earning" it.

• 1Like

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Pfffft, the one guy I know, who literally quit his job for months to do that, still logs in, every single day. I agree it was insane, and I would have never done it, but fuuuuuck did he ever put in the time, and now he's a regular 30 something dude, wow is just his one game.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
90% of the folks who got their warlord after it first came out were shared accounts, taking turns, and hardly played beyond that. Your server mileage may vary, but Laughing Skull certainly had a "waiting list".

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Our server first HW was defiantly a shared account and everybody but blizzard seemed to know. He was literally on 20 hours a day, everyday, grinding honor. Our server first grand marshal though was legit just one guy who jumped in headfirst. I was on vent with him when he realized he was getting rank 14 the next reset and he broke down into tears.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
The original honor system was dogshit if you were going for HWL sure. As a pvper that didn't care about that it was awesome though. Getting rank 6+ even, from just world pvp pre bg's felt like a real accomplishment. IMO wow pvp was at its best post honor patch but before bgs.

Today though? Might suck ass

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've played my share of PVP games with reward ranks, and the first Honor system of WoW was by a large margin the worst piece of shit anyone has ever put out.

If the designer in charge of this lost 2 IQ points, he'd have to be watered daily.

• 3Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
90% of the folks who got their warlord after it first came out were shared accounts, taking turns, and hardly played beyond that. Your server mileage may vary, but Laughing Skull certainly had a "waiting list".
It varied a lot by server and faction. We only had one pvp group that routinely beat all the alliance premades so most of our r14s did it with like 12 hours a day and no account sharing since people pugging or in other premades were getting so much less honor/hour. I got 11 easily and never wanted to push higher since I had mostly bis raid gear which was better for casters anyway.

The alliance on my server had two competing premades and there was so much drama in comparison.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
12 hours a day is still an absolutely frivolous amount to play, and the worst part of the whole thing was that it was completely intransparent. No one knew where they were until the clock struck 12. No one knew by how much they failed to progress.

• 1Truth!

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
R14 grind is going to suck even harder in the era of twitch streamers. Now you've not just got neckbeards in the 12+ hour a day pool, but people who actually do that shit for a living.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
I remember we had to sit out if we played / won too much in order to keep those that wanted it in our guild on track. I think we had 3 HWL in our guild. They had it down pretty good how to manipulate the system.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I remember we had to sit out if we played / won too much in order to keep those that wanted it in our guild on track. I think we had 3 HWL in our guild. They had it down pretty good how to manipulate the system.

ZJ horde had a PvP honor farming team. HWLs like Swed, Creep, and Silverion ran with this group to get their rank. I played with them til R11 just for the black muthafuckin' war kodo.

You had to play a fuckton to out-honor that team. Which is why HWLs rarely ever PvP'd again after they got their rank. Maybe a week just to enjoy their weapons.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
If you raided T2+ at all, the gear was garbage for the work needed to obtain it. The Alliance shit just looked so flamingly homosexual as well. I wanted that HWL sword graphic though. I did get to play our guild’s MT character in BGs for funzies though. Asscandy and AQ/Naxx gear was amazing.

I mained a mage and never did enjoy pvp on it, even with both trinkets before the simultaneous usage nerf and 3 minute mage “clearly outplayed” meme in all its glory. Evaporating anyone ever 3 minutes got annoying when I was garbage outside of that against 2+ people.

• 1Solidarity

Juvarisx

Florida
HWL grind is pointless when you can get the blind proc axe off C'Thuun and crush anyone, and even if they gate it the 2h off Rag or the Untamed Blade / Ashkandi are plain better anyways. Yea its OKAY gear for people who don't raid but IDK why you wouldn't when content will be steamrolled.

I personally can't wait till the people who never played when sword spec was a thing get 1 rounded

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I know it isn't Classic but I think they could staple on arenas and have it be a net positive. The PvP folk would really like that shit.

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
Yeah the grind was terrible. I went to the first Blizzconn and deranked from 13 to 12, so I said fuck it and stopped as I had Sulfuras.

One thing kind of sad about 1.12 is there will be no procing sword spec off of procs. It was so much fun getting a HoJ and a few SS procs in a single swing. Totally unfair, but fun!