World of Warcraft: Classic

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Except wow speed running isn't remotely comparable
Right. Its not comparable at all. Doesn't require you to clear level 52 dungeon, then go wait 30m to click on a flower, then stare at a chat window waiting for two other buffs to drop, then going to a level 55 dungeon to make a potion, then going to an island, then going to a circus to talk to a overgrown rodent.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yes. It's too early to announce WoW 10.x, there's no SC4 or anything else visible on the horizon. Some D3 schedule news, but nothing else. Classic BC is the only strong possibility I see for an announce.

There might be a surprise announce on something out of the left field, like "Warcraft 4!!!" (although I think all of the warcraft-related energies are consumed into WoW), but I doubt it.
I would play a WarCraft 4, but I just dont think there is any innovation left at Blizzard. If WC4 came out, I feel like it would just be an updated version of Reforged and be a pile of shit worse than Reforged was.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes. It's too early to announce WoW 10.x, there's no SC4 or anything else visible on the horizon. Some D3 schedule news, but nothing else. Classic BC is the only strong possibility I see for an announce.

There might be a surprise announce on something out of the left field, like "Warcraft 4!!!" (although I think all of the warcraft-related energies are consumed into WoW), but I doubt it.

Overwatch 2, Diablo 4/Immortal, TBC seem like the top 3 announcements.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm not sure why people are infected with the delusion that TBC is a definite. Some of you have been saying that for months, now. The only indication we've ever had they considered it was a survey barely anyone received.

But you say "it makes sense".

When does Blizzard "make sense"? They do the complete opposite of what people want. Look at the week apart release of Naxxramas and Shadowlands.

Don't forget, this guy is the president of Blizzard now:

youthinkyoudo.jpg

I would sooner believe they re-release Classic on new servers with new rulesets, TLP, guild banks, transmogs, etc and call it Classic Plus than I would believe Burning Crusade is coming.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It's more that the fruit is so low hanging that the Activision bean counters can't help but walk face first in to it.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Well, unless they're going to move the Classic team over onto other projects (would have heard of it) they're almost assuredly going to be set to making TBCC

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Why would you believe that? You're using your logic, and not Blizzard logic. It would make more sense in Blizzard logic to re-release a "finished" product like Classic that needs less manpower on it, than to spend resources to work on TBC.

• 1Truth!

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
I could see them doing new classic server "seasons" with altered rulesets, I would find that more fun then TBC personally

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I could see them doing new classic server "seasons" with altered rulesets, I would find that more fun then TBC personally
Nah. It took them 15 years just to launch classic, something they player base overwhelming demanded for almost a decade.

The people in control are too hard headed and stupid to step outside their retarded box to try a perma death pvp server or race to level 60 server etc.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They wont even merge these dead servers together. Who knows what the future of classic is.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Well, unless they're going to move the Classic team over onto other projects (would have heard of it) they're almost assuredly going to be set to making TBCC
Also, as said before, they do have TBC code and data, unlike vanilla which had to be reconstructed.

I am assuming they are going to need to adapt server code for the more modern framework they're using (including layering). But that's much, much easier than rebuilding old-school WoW 1.x from documents.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Details? What happened?
Lot of stupid shit. We’ve had attendance issues for months. Kept having to mass recruit. We had a lot of low hanging fruit that we kept around simply because their attendance was reliable and then on the night we’re suppose to go into spider wing all of a sudden “actually I didn’t get attuned.”
We wiped on cthun 4 times on Saturday to people just being mouth breathers. Went into Naxx with the 31 people that actually did get attuned. Right after that our MT sent us a message in officer chat that he was taking a break to play retail with some friends.
We run a SR MC pug on mondays pretty much for binding runs and 30 minutes before our RL sends out a message in discord saying “late notice. Mc is canceled.”

i ask about it in officer chat and out GL says that effective immediately we’re no longer a raiding guild. First thing that myself and 3 of the other officers ever heard about it. Raid leader hasn’t been on in 24 hours so no idea what was said between him and the GL. Everybody was just scratching their heads while a bunch of the core group all split to find another guild.

Last edited: