Now we know why they hired Holly.

DlICdnjWwAAQyDI.jpg

• 2Barf
  • 2Worf
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 5 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
When you login each character after tbc launches you will be given a choice of tbc or vanilla, for free. If you want your character on both its going to be 35 bucks per character.

I'm probably going to activate my dudes on classic, except for maybe my warlock, who I'll progess to tbc. Maybe ill pay 35 bucks to have my shaman on both vanilla and tbc.

Depends on how classic forever looks (server merges to atleast 1 high pop forever classic realm) 6-9 months from now when i return from fighting dementia Joe's latest war.

Most people are eager for tbc but with my deployment cycles and rerolling from a dead realm early on, ive only gotten to play classic for like 7 months total with an 8 month gap in the middle, and I'm nowhere near "done". Add to that ill be deployed for the first 6-9 months of tbc and tbc being a hard reset anyway i see no reason to progress on most of my characters.

Ill miss the initial outlands rush, pvp, the first however many phases of tbc, most real dungeon runs. Ill be leveling my now gimped "mains" with people's 8th alts, probably have to get pally boosted, etc.

And hey, if rogue or war ends up being non gimps in tbc i can always just level up a new one super fast.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The way I see it is this, my characters on classic are already pretty much BiS and I got to spend 2 years "enjoying"- (I used that term loosely) the experience in all it's rose tinted, nostalgic glory that it could offer. At $35 there is zero reason to piss away cash on a character copy, if I really get the itch to reply worldbuff speedrun faggot shit I can always load up a brand new classic toon level up and get every item thrown at me by the 8 people dumb enough to contiune to clamor for the classic experience because they are so goddamn desperate for people to play with and all the shit gets DE'd on their 783rd Naxx run.

• 5Like
  • 1Worf

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Didn't they want to have a prepatch so people could level their paladin/shaman? Now it's just two weeks?

I think the Classic team at Blizzard is as much out of touch with the playerbase as the Retail team.
It’s pretty obvious they only did classic for the big influx of cash due to demand. Now they are gonna find a way to charge us for anything they can.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The boosts and mounts are whatever. I don't give a fuck what they cost or don't cost. The 35 dollar copy fee per character is a GIGANTIC fuck you. That is an area where they are going to milk people but also generate resentment in the process. Boosts are optional are optional and mounts as (mostly) cosmetic. For some players this is akin to ransom.

• 1Solidarity

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The boosts and mounts are whatever. I don't give a fuck what they cost or don't cost. The 35 dollar copy fee per character is a GIGANTIC fuck you. That is an area where they are going to milk people but also generate resentment in the process. Boosts are optional are optional and mounts as (mostly) cosmetic. For some players this is akin to ransom.
I honestly cannot think of a bigger middle finger in an mmo in recent years.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I honestly cannot think of a bigger middle finger in an mmo in recent years.

It's pretty brutal.

Asmongold had some comments -

He's not especially insightful here but something he points out is that none of the boosts or packages have much in them. Why doesn't the 70 dollar package come with at least one character copy/transfer? Why doesn't it come with Shadowlands? These are some stingy fucking packages.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

Due to player concerns over the length of the pre-patch period Blizzard will announce that you may use a boost on a Draenai or Blood Elf. If you have already purchased a boost when this is announced you will be able to buy a second one.

• 1Barf

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
It's pretty brutal.

Asmongold had some comments -

He's not especially insightful here but something he points out is that none of the boosts or packages have much in them. Why doesn't the 70 dollar package come with at least one character copy/transfer? Why doesn't it come with Shadowlands? These are some stingy fucking packages.
His complaints about it being bad because its June 1st dont really make any sense.

If people will reach endgame status and be bored in 3-4 weeks tops, then why does it matter if its released in August instead of June? Releasing in August just means you get bored in September instead of July.

Its bad because you cant schedule time off on June 1st on such short notice? Who cares if you cant clear 4-5 straight days to play if you will max out in 3-4 weeks tops anyways. Also you cant please everyone as theres always going to be people bitching they couldnt waste vacation to play a 15 year old game.

Short notice? Yeah a month is short, but everyone has known TBC was soon to drop.

Prices and how theyre handling staying in classic is pretty shit though.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
His complaints about it being bad because its June 1st dont really make any sense.

If people will reach endgame status and be bored in 3-4 weeks tops, then why does it matter if its released in August instead of June? Releasing in August just means you get bored in September instead of July.

Its bad because you cant schedule time off on June 1st on such short notice? Who cares if you cant clear 4-5 straight days to play if you will max out in 3-4 weeks tops anyways. Also you cant please everyone as theres always going to be people bitching they couldnt waste vacation to play a 15 year old game.

Short notice? Yeah a month is short, but everyone has known TBC was soon to drop.

Prices and how theyre handling staying in classic is pretty shit though.

That video he just comes off as a whiny clueless bitch. He sometimes has some decent insight and can articulate many of the problems with the game but the only complaint people can have about the June 1st date is it would honestly be a benefit for Blizzard to actually communicate with the playerbase.

Ultimately we know what's happening here though. Quarter 2 earnings for Blizzard is in the fucking dumpster and they need to get this shit out and pump some numbers up before Q2 ends otherwise Bobby fuck you pay me Kotick is going to start shit canning these retarded faggots.

$35 dollar character copies and $70 repackaging for a game we already own might help distract from the fact dumb fucks like Ion have somehow managed to lose 1/3rd of the playerbase during this lockdown shit when it should be a fucking boon to their industry.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Truth!

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I am really disappointed the collectors edition doesn't come with 2 mega runecloth 40 slot bags

I think Asmon is kinda right that the timing is odd given that letting hype build for another month or two would prolly be best but I am sure its like people here have said, Q2 looks like shit and they need a huge boost of RMT to make up for the drop in players.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
it's 35$ if you want your char on both server (classic and TBC). that's a service, you should pay for it, fucking commies.
Yeah I think they failed their expension announcement. Wasn't it during TBC that WoW really got all its subscriptions ?

• 3Moron
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Picard

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
it's 35$ if you want your char on both server (classic and TBC). that's a service, you should pay for it, fucking commies.
Yeah I think they failed their expension announcement. Wasn't it during TBC that WoW really got all its subscriptions ?

I see you haven't paid shit for these forums. I guess this isn't a service?

Get fucked, faggot.

• 4Like
  • 2Picard
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 7 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Having it cost something so everyone doesn't flag all their characters for a copy because it's free so why not is fine. Thirty-five dollars per character is brutal.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Having it cost something so everyone doesn't flag all their characters for a copy because it's free so why not is fine. Thirty-five dollars per character is brutal.

$5-8 would be reasonable. $35 is insulting.

• 5Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
They're probably providing it as an option because people want it, but doing so at a ridiculous price because they don't want it.