World of Warcraft: Classic

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
They probably don't want too many people cloning. Classic Era is going to be dead so they're going to have to merge/connect servers and that's always bad publicity (dead game lol).

Making it expensive makes it more likely that people that do it will be serious Classic players that are more likely to keep playing which will give Blizzard a better idea of how they need to handle the server connections/merges. They can just do it all in one swoop. 'Oh 5k players are cloning/staying on classic, connect all the realms.' and they're done with it. Instead of having everyone clone to classic era, waiting a month to see what the player population actually is then merging half the realms, waiting another month, merging another half of the realms, and so on. Shit makes them look bad and hurts whatever community is actually left on Classis Era.

And they just want money, But honestly I feel like they would have made more if it was at a lower price point.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
They probably don't want too many people cloning. Classic Era is going to be dead so they're going to have to merge/connect servers and that's always bad publicity (dead game lol).

Making it expensive makes it more likely that people that do it will be serious Classic players that are more likely to keep playing which will give Blizzard a better idea of how they need to handle the server connections/merges. They can just do it all in one swoop. 'Oh 5k players are cloning/staying on classic, connect all the realms.' and they're done with it. Instead of having everyone clone to classic era, waiting a month to see what the player population actually is then merging half the realms, waiting another month, merging another half of the realms, and so on. Shit makes them look bad and hurts whatever community is actually left on Classis Era.

And they just want money, But honestly I feel like they would have made more if it was at a lower price point.

This reads like good JarJar is Snoke Star Wars fan fiction. You're giving the SJW's at Blizzard a LOT of credit.

They haven't done jack or shit with server pops since the release of Classic, but you think they are using pricing to determine how they should respond to server pops? Okay.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
This reads like good JarJar is Snoke Star Wars fan fiction. You're giving the SJW's at Blizzard a LOT of credit.

They haven't done jack or shit with server pops since the release of Classic, but you think they are using pricing to determine how they should respond to server pops? Okay.

Nah I'm saying they want the Classic Era playerbase to be small enough so they can connect all the servers into 1 and be done with it. Instead of having to go back every 6 months to combine more and more servers and publicly announce that Classic Era is dying for the entire world to see. Classic Era is a dead game, better to hide it out back where nobody can hear it dying. Shit just looks bad.

If they just wanted a quick buck they would have made it 15 bucks and added a clone to the deluxe edition. They want money AND they don't want to bring attention to the fact one of their games will soon be bleeding players.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

If this was true it could have been like 10 bucks. So only serious people would pay for it. Instead it's just a giant steaming dump on our chest while I yell meatloaf.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I can somewhat go along with the idea that they don't want to maintain any forever classic servers so they made it expensive enough that they shouldn't have many to deal with but at the same time you're really giving it to the (super dorky) parts of your fanbase that would want to preserve even just one character.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I can somewhat go along with the idea that they don't want to maintain any forever classic servers so they made it expensive enough that they shouldn't have many to deal with but at the same time you're really giving it to the (super dorky) parts of your fanbase that would want to preserve even just one character.
Seems like a good way to drive the hard core classic paying customers back to EMUs.

• 1Like

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Think I've said it before but WoW peaked on pservers and Classic was objectively a regression. It played like shit (wonky leeway, absurd spellbatching window, broken class mechanics...), neutered mobs and full-retarded pathing/reset exploits made the PvE easy as shit, the leveling meta (dungeon boosting) was shit, the economy was botted to shit, the honor grinding meta was shittier than usual, and to top it off you had to pay for all this shit.

• 2Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Think I've said it before but WoW peaked on pservers and Classic was objectively a regression. It played like shit (wonky leeway, absurd spellbatching window, broken class mechanics...), neutered mobs and full-retarded pathing/reset exploits made the PvE easy as shit, the leveling meta (dungeon boosting) was shit, the economy was botted to shit, the honor grinding meta was shittier than usual, and to top it off you had to pay for all this shit.

99% of that should could of been solves with just having a small handful of GM's per server. If EQ could hire GMs with a peak user base of a couple hundred thousand and still remain profitable as a game to this very day then WoW with its multimillions of users with way more resources should be able to do the same. Sadly some beancounter fuck whore decided those jobs didn't fit the spreadsheet.

• 1Like

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
Seems like a good way to drive the hard core classic paying customers back to EMUs.
The hardcore vanilla fans will just use the free option to keep their character on the forever-vanilla servers. You only need to pay the $35 if you want your character on BOTH the tbc and vanilla servers. I am pretty surprised they went with that price point though honestly. I figured the survey they did where different people got different prices in one of the question would have shown that $10-20 for the clone would have maximized profit but I guess not.

• 1Like

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The June 1st news really fucked with the mood of what will likely be our final Naxx run. No one was cracking jokes, people we’re being pissy and execution was overall sloppy.

It was pretty much the end of a really cool thing we had going and no one gave a fuck including me.

We finished early and everyone just logged off Discord like “meh”.

509A7A45-1E56-4244-9277-8F89D6CD5FA3.jpeg

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The June 1st news really fucked with the mood of what will likely be our final Naxx run. No one was cracking jokes, people we’re being pissy and execution was overall sloppy.

It was pretty much the end of a really cool thing we had going and no one gave a fuck including me.

We finished early and everyone just logged off Discord like “meh”.

View attachment 353196

Yeah, that sucks. But, the fire will be back with all of the new content.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How to people watch videos with that idiots face on it. I’ll never know.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm confused. Why would blizzard care about AoC alpha(that you have to pay stupid amounts to even be in)?

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Why would anyone care about AoC or Blizzard games is a better question....

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
I'm more inclined to believe the TBC launch date is meant to coincide with the start of faggot worshipping month than anything at this point.

• 1Barf
  • 1Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users