World of Warcraft: Classic

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
If you guys are planning on being serious PvPers with premade groups you should probably consider going Alliance. Very likely you will have instant queue times vs being stuck in queue for 45 minutes on Horde.

It was all dependent on your server.

Zuljin Horde team was pretty much instant.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
You're going to run in to your fair share of martians and recently thawed cavemen that's for sure. You picked now to start playing WoW? Why.

But it's part of the charm as well.

i've been playing PoP or earlier EQ emus for almost the last decade, i figure it's time i move on to Vanilla WoW.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I guarantee there will be mouth breathers that wipe on Lucifron because they don't have decursive anymore.
There will be retards who dont decurse luci.
There will be retards who stand in the flames on magmadar
There will be retards who will in rains of fire on gehennas
There will be retards who dont run away from eles exploding on garr
There will be retards who run into the raid as the bomb on geddon
There will be retards who stay next to shazzrah as he AEs
There will be retards who dont clear their stacks on golemagg
There will be retards who dont dodge the ae on rag

All on the same raid after being told 100 times how to do the encounter.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Szeth

Trakanon Raider

BUT MAH DEEPZ, CAN'T DODGE STUFF

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
may end up having to try to do this afterall...getting the bug pretty bad and it's still 6months out at least....My boys are in bed by 7EST anyway just have to convince the wife that raiding a few days a week is somehow ok?!

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>

I would intentionally stand next to exploding adds on Garr to get back to the next add or back to the boss faster. ...lol (obviously after shit was on heavy farm)

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
HWL grind is pointless when you can get the blind proc axe off C'Thuun and crush anyone, and even if they gate it the 2h off Rag or the Untamed Blade / Ashkandi are plain better anyways. Yea its OKAY gear for people who don't raid but IDK why you wouldn't when content will be steamrolled.

I personally can't wait till the people who never played when sword spec was a thing get 1 rounded

Dunno about all content getting stream rolled if its tuned right. Some SUPER bad people playin' the emus that I see already at max lvl.

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
“Tuned right” would require custom values on boss stats, more frequent mechanics, etc if the goal is to make MC challenging when everyone has 1.12 talents and gear and 16 debuff slots. Casters in 1.12 preraid bis have more spell damage than they do wearing full t1, as an example.

I’m hoping that’s what they do but right now it doesn’t seem like the plan.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
“Tuned right” would require custom values on boss stats, more frequent mechanics, etc if the goal is to make MC challenging when everyone has 1.12 talents and gear and 16 debuff slots. Casters in 1.12 preraid bis have more spell damage than they do wearing full t1, as an example.

What they could do is put some sort of unique buff on each of the bosses and mini-bosses of Classic that boosts their damage and health, for this hypothetical we'll call it "Mitigation of the Mighty." If that doesn't quite get the job done we could have a second buff that lowers the resistances of everyone in the raid.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist

What pre raid bis had spell power on it when MC was new? My bis for Ony and Rag at release was green gear with sta and +frost and a single +29 spell power trinket from ubrs. Dungeon .5 wasn’t a thing for a long time.

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
What pre raid bis had spell power on it when MC was new? My bis for Ony and Rag at release was green gear with sta and +frost and a single +29 spell power trinket from ubrs. Dungeon .5 wasn’t a thing for a long time.
That’s exactly my point. Classic servers will have 1.12 gear, not 1.2 or whatever. That means all the 5 man dungeon blues will have their buffed stats with a ton more spell damage.
Spellweaver’s Turban from UBRS for example was added in 1.10 and has 36 damage and 1% hit. Felheart Horns have 20 damage and no hit/crit. Nemesis skullcap has 32 damage and 4 hp/5.

Last edited: