World of Warcraft: Classic

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Remember when their original plan was to make players have to maintain their rank to use the items they got?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
HWL grind is pointless when you can get the blind proc axe off C'Thuun and crush anyone, and even if they gate it the 2h off Rag or the Untamed Blade / Ashkandi are plain better anyways. Yea its OKAY gear for people who don't raid but IDK why you wouldn't when content will be steamrolled.

I personally can't wait till the people who never played when sword spec was a thing get 1 rounded

That's the funniest part. The PVE content will be farmed by hundreds, giving access to thousands of items per week, and people are gonna compete for ONE rank 14.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I always had fun in the HWL grind until around rank 12, which I got to twice before burning out and giving up.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This all sounds like a fun little walk down memory lane (and I know I've certainly mapped out in my mind what I would want to play). But, it won't release for what, 18-24 months from now?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
This all sounds like a fun little walk down memory lane (and I know I've certainly mapped out in my mind what I would want to play). But, it won't release for what, 18-24 months from now?

Summer 2019 so like 7-9 months away. Honestly, it'll be here before you know it once Christmas is over.

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
That's the funniest part. The PVE content will be farmed by hundreds, giving access to thousands of items per week, and people are gonna compete for ONE rank 14.
You can have more than one r14. I agree though especially since people will be clearing ZG and BWL the day they open and that is supposedly the same day that pvp ranks will start, meaning no R14 for anyone for like 2.5-3 months? I have a feeling they’ll tweak it somehow.

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
Can't decide what i'd want to play if i end up having time for this. Was a priest the first time around, but feels like going dps and getting raid gear to shred people/farm shit faster would be more fun as long as I could find groups, doubt i'd be able to get a crew together for this stuff these days.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
If I do run an FoH guild it wouldn't be mandatory hardcore in any way. Not sure if I care about PvP or PvE for server either.

I would not do Alliance though.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If I do run an FoH guild it wouldn't be mandatory hardcore in any way. Not sure if I care about PvP or PvE for server either.

I would not do Alliance though.

Count me in if you do. I'll likely try: Troll Hunter or UD rogue (original, I know...).

Wish I could get the Light's Hope server to work, but I don't trust the download options. Would be fun to get into classic before the big release.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Good thing about classic is pretty much everyone is going to have the fights down so it’ll just be gear checks for the most part.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I have not. I’m a “clearly they know to run the bomb out of the raid” type person.

You're going to run in to your fair share of martians and recently thawed cavemen that's for sure. You picked now to start playing WoW? Why.

But it's part of the charm as well.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You can have more than one r14. I agree though especially since people will be clearing ZG and BWL the day they open and that is supposedly the same day that pvp ranks will start, meaning no R14 for anyone for like 2.5-3 months? I have a feeling they’ll tweak it somehow.
I thought only the highest honor total could gain points in R13 and therefore only one player could reach R14 per week? Has this whole nonsense ever been explained in detail?

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
I thought only the highest honor total could gain points in R13 and therefore only one player could reach R14 per week? Has this whole nonsense ever been explained in detail?

From what I remember from vanilla (the original, haven't tried any emulators) there was some threshold of r13s whereby you could have 2 r14 -- like if there was more than 6 r13 two people could become r14? I think across all ranks it worked similarly and was based on total amount of people that had participated in PvP that week -- we were on a really big EU alliance server at that point.

E: this looks pretty accurate - Honor system (pre-2.0 formulas) - near the end they talk about a server not having enough active PvPers (people who get X HKs that week) to generate a single r14 place, and give some formulas for brackets that fit in with how I remember it being.

E#2: ok, they estimate 0.1% of people in system are r14, you need to get 15 HKs a week to be in system at all, so it's like 1/1000 active (well, people who queue at least 1 BG/week) PvPers can hit r14.

Last edited:

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
If you guys are planning on being serious PvPers with premade groups you should probably consider going Alliance. Very likely you will have instant queue times vs being stuck in queue for 45 minutes on Horde.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
If you guys are planning on being serious PvPers with premade groups you should probably consider going Alliance. Very likely you will have instant queue times vs being stuck in queue for 45 minutes on Horde.
On the other hand, if you’re willing to gank people between BGs, that gives you a significant advantage over other pvpers on your faction who you are competing with. Plus gives you time to get food or whatever between games.