World of Warcraft: Classic

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Similar situation to me, find something she likes outside of the tik tok crap and run with that. For us, our teen just started to volunteer in the youth program at the local zoo and loves it. It's a 9 to 5 like job, but pays 0. Guess they get 'exposure' to get around those child labor laws lolol.
If interested, have her check the local fire department. Our junior program has them doing fireman and EMT training as teens. they can dispatch on "most" calls (non-fatalities/gruesome and not major building fires), get college app credit for "community service" and she really enjoys it. Also at 18 she will qualified to sit for the EMT exam if she keeps with it until 18.

I showed her the original wow intro video and got a "thats really cool" so at least we passed step 1.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
If interested, have her check the local fire department. Our junior program has them doing fireman and EMT training as teens. they can dispatch on "most" calls (non-fatalities/gruesome and not major building fires), get college app credit for "community service" and she really enjoys it. Also at 18 she will qualified to sit for the EMT exam if she keeps with it until 18.

I showed her the original wow intro video and got a "thats really cool" so at least we passed step 1.

You're nuts giving her WoW and not FF.

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
You're nuts giving her WoW and not FF.
I don't totally disagree and FF is a great IP but, for most WoW was the best game they played if you go back to that first playthrough- pretty magical. Obviously it's "dying" somewhat but it doesn't sound like his daughter is going to grind to max ASAP and be pissed about the raids or whatever

No one even thought FF was worth playing until 10 years after release.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't totally disagree and FF is a great IP but, for most WoW was the best game they played if you go back to that first playthrough- pretty magical. Obviously it's "dying" somewhat but it doesn't sound like his daughter is going to grind to max ASAP and be pissed about the raids or whatever

Leaving aside the rest of how wrong you are, FF isn't even 10 years old.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Actually, a lot of people found it worth playing. It's just that WoW players still kept playing their game long after they lost any love for it, and let out their negativity on the rest of the community instead of unsubscribing. LFG sucks, Cataclysm sucks, LFR sucks, Pandas suck, WoD sucks, etc. etc.

And it only got worse. So bad in fact, that they fucked up WoW Classic with a very loud and vocal "nO cHaNgEs", and exactly that happened what a lot of private servers experienced: world buff meta and super toxic playerbase , especially if you make an error and have players killed or even a raid wipe. This was the last attempt of many WoW players to get back a resemblance of love back for the game, but many lost their rose tinted glasses for history instead.

As I said somewhere else: WoW can be totally the better game, but if only dickwolves play the game no sane person is going to touch it. And MMO games are by definition depending on other players.

By the way, I am not blaming the players for the state of WoW. I am blaming them for giving Blizzard their money when they saw how it evolved. "But the next expansion will be good, they have learned their lesson!"
And I blame Blizzard for not doing anything about it's core problems, especially the botting, the paid boosts (especially in PvP), the blatant advertising and the general toxicity.

• 2Like

Malkav

French Madman
Am I on Earth 2? Are people suggesting a teenage girl should play Classic as a form of online social activity? Sure if you want her to play with a bunch of sweaty neckbeards.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Am I on Earth 2? Are people suggesting a teenage girl should play Classic as a form of online social activity? Sure if you want her to play with a bunch of sweaty neckbeards.
No. I am trying to get her to play with her real life friends and get them off social media for an hour or two a day.

• 2Like

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Actually, a lot of people found it worth playing. It's just that WoW players still kept playing their game long after they lost any love for it, and let out their negativity on the rest of the community instead of unsubscribing. LFG sucks, Cataclysm sucks, LFR sucks, Pandas suck, WoD sucks, etc. etc.

And it only got worse. So bad in fact, that they fucked up WoW Classic with a very loud and vocal "nO cHaNgEs", and exactly that happened what a lot of private servers experienced: world buff meta and super toxic playerbase , especially if you make an error and have players killed or even a raid wipe. This was the last attempt of many WoW players to get back a resemblance of love back for the game, but many lost their rose tinted glasses for history instead.

As I said somewhere else: WoW can be totally the better game, but if only dickwolves play the game no sane person is going to touch it. And MMO games are by definition depending on other players.

By the way, I am not blaming the players for the state of WoW. I am blaming them for giving Blizzard their money when they saw how it evolved. "But the next expansion will be good, they have learned their lesson!"
And I blame Blizzard for not doing anything about it's core problems, especially the botting, the paid boosts (especially in PvP), the blatant advertising and the general toxicity.
she's obviously not a super nerd if she's never played WoW. Leveling up in wow classic without having a hardon for how bad blizzard sucks and with no care about raiding and all the other BS is easily going to be the more enjoyable experience for someone not super versed in MMOs. it will be fun playing the game and leveling. simple as that, all this other shit isn't his question.

• 2Like

Malkav

French Madman
Getting a group of teenage girls interested in playing Classic WoW on a regular schedule?

Aren't you guys projecting a bit? I know you guys probably loved WoW "back in the day", but we're talking teenage girls here.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Getting a group of teenage girls interested in playing Classic WoW on a regular schedule?

Aren't you guys projecting a bit? I know you guys probably loved WoW "back in the day", but we're talking teenage girls here.
Do you have any kids? Honest question. Do you have any idea how much time they spend playing Fortnight?

Malkav

French Madman
Do you have any kids? Honest question. Do you have any idea how much time they spend playing Fortnight?

No, and maybe I'm assuming wrong I guess? Teenage girls are playing fortnite?

Thinking of teenagers in general, I have a hard time imagining one getting into the 15 years old game their dad is trying to push onto them? Well, maybe it could work for her, but getting the whole group of friends into it? I don't know.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Do you have any idea how much time they spend playing Fortnight?
Fortnight has a tighter core gameplay loop and is a lot more instant gratification. WoW was "the casual MMO" back in the day, but by today's standard it is slow and clunky, with a lot of downtime. The core concept of slowly progressing your character and gaining power is a turnoff for kids.

getting into the 15 years old game their dad is trying to push onto them?
They'll hate it precisely because boomer dad is trying to push it on them.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not going to continue the derail into teen vogue. My question was Classic vs Live. Thanks to all who responded. Anyone who wants to continue it is free to tag me in the parenting thread.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone who wants to continue it is free to tag me in the parenting thread.
Wait, that wasn't bait because the thread was dead? You were serious the whole time? Holy mother of fuck.

Here, this will surely spark her interest in playing WoW:

anal-elves.jpg

• 3WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Goonsquad Officer

Hmm at launch 2.0 was....okay but formulaic, but whatever years heavensward came out, I loved it. Its been up and down since then. But it hit a nice stride in year 2.5ish? Tho it was/is drowning in weebery

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider

No idea why these basic things take these retards so long to even look into. I feel like it might be to little to late as it seems like the mass exodus from this game might have no end. I do wanna finish out TBC classic but I am honestly starting to reconsider if I give a shit anymore.

They've been too busy addressing the real issues:

• 3Pathetic
  • 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Apparently players were /spitting on people that were using the mount from the deluxe edition (implying that they used a character boost). It's amazing how Blizzard can take player feedback and make exactly the wrong decision in response every time. That "gameplay first" orc statue at their office should spontaneously ignite any day now.

• 2Like