World of Warcraft: Classic

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am parachuting in this thread and haven't read shit. I will leave just as quick as I arrived. Trying to get my teen daughter off of tiktok/snap and doing something where she engages with people (somewhat) and maybe gets some of her friends to join her. Am thinking about introducing her to WOW. Should I show her Classic WoW or the standard version? If i go standard I have an account of with near every class around 80, 85 or whatever the cap was when I quit and Elon Musk levels of gold. I know nothing about Classic since it is after my time. Thanks in advance for any opinions.

Should probably encourage her to leave the house and do something social/active in school or with the community. Sports, theatre, charity, etc. And this is coming from someone who does play an MMO as one of my hobbies.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Should probably encourage her to leave the house and do something social/active in school or with the community. Sports, theatre, charity, etc. And this is coming from someone who does play an MMO as one of my hobbies.
She does all of that, junior fire fighter is her main thing. I am trying to get her off tiktok and social media mainly and replace it with mmo. Might sound crazy but social media is terrible for kids in my opinion.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My only FF experience was FFXI I think it was. Their first MMO. I thought everything about it sucked donkey dick.

Is WoW classic everyone at level cap already? Or is their a decent crowd in the sub 30 range?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Unless you are questing to level up most people pay gold for boosts to level these days. Basically you and 3 other people pay a 60 mage to round up every mob in the zone and AOE it down. Then you reset the dungeon and do it again. This basically works until 58/60 and you go to Outland. Even in Outland mages sell boosts in Slave Pens but not sure how high that gets you.
Most of the people leveling a month or so ago were Blood Elf because you can just buy a level 58 character boost for like $30 now.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Unless you are questing to level up most people pay gold for boosts to level these days. Basically you and 3 other people pay a 60 mage to round up every mob in the zone and AOE it down. Then you reset the dungeon and do it again. This basically works until 58/60 and you go to Outland. Even in Outland mages sell boosts in Slave Pens but not sure how high that gets you.
Most of the people leveling a month or so ago were Blood Elf because you can just buy a level 58 character boost for like $30 now.
That's sort of why I was asking. If I do regular server I can just grab one of my 80's to help. I was really looking for something she could learn to group up with people. I know it sounds stupid but I have friends I met 15 years ago playing MMOs. And of course we have this community.

Chris

Potato del Grande
My only FF experience was FFXI I think it was. Their first MMO. I thought everything about it sucked donkey dick.

Is WoW classic everyone at level cap already? Or is their a decent crowd in the sub 30 range?
FF11 was donkey dick I agree, it was my first MMO!

In WoW Classic all the classic servers are dead with everyone having transferred to TBC Classic. TBC Classic gives you a level boost to lv58 so not many people levelling up unless it's mages AoEing everything down to powerlevel.

FF14 all the servers are full and most of the players are newbies levelling up since there's been a huge streamer movement to switch people from WoW to FF14.

If you haven't played it yourself I sugggest giving it a go, it has much more content than WoW though some people find the story emphasis to be too fetch questy at the start. Like I said in my last post, all the features and design are much more suited to women than WoW.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd say get her TBC classic and just let her play from lvl 1. WoW is pretty well designed in that aspect in that it gets them introduced to the gameplay mechanics, interface etc without being overwhelmed. If the gameplay in the first 10 levels doesn't grab them, it never will. Handing them a high level toon with 20 addons is just going to overwhelm and burn them out.

I levelled a blood elf from lvl 1 and it was a mostly solo experience, I did like 3 or 4 dungeons before hitting Outland.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
That's sort of why I was asking. If I do regular server I can just grab one of my 80's to help. I was really looking for something she could learn to group up with people. I know it sounds stupid but I have friends I met 15 years ago playing MMOs. And of course we have this community.

Don't have her do retail if your goal is to get her to learn to group with people. I'ts a toxic cesspool right now where she'll get berated if she's not the right class/spec/talents/covenant/conduits/etc. Also the cross server shit and gogogo mentality design isn't very conductive to making friends.

Sign her up for Classic TBC if you want her to play.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

No idea why these basic things take these retards so long to even look into. I feel like it might be to little to late as it seems like the mass exodus from this game might have no end. I do wanna finish out TBC classic but I am honestly starting to reconsider if I give a shit anymore.

Interview on Burning Crusade Classic Arena Tournament

Celebrating Burning Crusade Tournament, Holly Longdale shared her experience going through the Dark Portal for the first time and running into a Fel Reaver in Hellfire Peninsula. Holly Longdale's experience in PvP is she should be "target practice" as she doesn't do PvP, but nonetheless she loves the PvP community.

Blizzard used the Reference Client to build the Tournament Realm, Nagrand Tornados, and the PvP Systems in Burning Crusade Classic. The team recognizes there is a love/hate relationship with the Tornados in Nagrand, but the team ultimately decided to bring it back to honor the original experience.

Based on the PvP Community in Burning Crusade Classic, the Blizzard team decided to release Arena sooner than they did in the original Burning Crusade. The team is dedicated to supporting the PvP community moving further in Burning Crusade Classic.

Major Announcements for Burning Crusade Classic

Starting next week, there will be the "Overlords of Outlands" Phase 2 testing on the Public Test Realm. This will include testing for Serpentshrine Cavern and Tempest Keep in their Pre-Nerf States.

Guild Banks will be tested on the Public Test Realm.

Looking for Group Tool will be tested on the Public Test Realm. This will not be automated grouping and instead will be an organized list of groups, where players will still need to message one another to find groups.

Ogrila and Sha'tari Skyguard Daily Quest Hubs will be tested on the Public Test Realm.

Arena Ladders will be viewable in game, as well as end of season cut offs for various rewards. Both will be tested on the Public Test Realm.

Upcoming PvP Changes

Increasing Arena Points distribution at the end of each week.

Reducing costs on Arena Point and Honor Point gear prior to the end of Arena Season 1.

At the end of Arena Season 1, Arena Points will be converted into Honor Points, about 10 Honor Points per 1 Arena Point.

Outland Faction PvP gear will be coming out before Season 2, as a catchup mechanic for players.

Same-faction Battleground Testing will continue running until Tuesday. Blizzard wants more feedback, which you can share here.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

So he doesn't like the cash shop. He could, ya know...not use it? Nothing is "required" its simply a matter of how impatient someone is.

Activision/Blizzard is a business. Businesses pursue profits. Companies of this size honestly don't care if they hurt someone's feelings. If the content and social aspect of the game is still fun, then play. If not, then move on. The rest is just white noise. Yes, they're assholes. We know this. But, why would anyone expect anything different from a multi-billion dollar corporation?

I never got to do all of TBC back in the day; SSC, Eye, Illidan. I'd like to do it this time and I'm enjoying the time spent on it. Don't have two fucks to give if mounts and character boosts make Timmy cry. Doesn't affect me or my time.

• 3Moron
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So he doesn't like the cash shop. He could, ya know...not use it? Nothing is "required" its simply a matter of how impatient someone is.

Activision/Blizzard is a business. Businesses pursue profits. Companies of this size honestly don't care if they hurt someone's feelings. If the content and social aspect of the game is still fun, then play. If not, then move on. The rest is just white noise. Yes, they're assholes. We know this. But, why would anyone expect anything different from a multi-billion dollar corporation?

I never got to do all of TBC back in the day; SSC, Eye, Illidan. I'd like to do it this time and I'm enjoying the time spent on it. Don't have two fucks to give if mounts and character boosts make Timmy cry. Doesn't affect me or my time.
Does Classic TBC have the pre-nerf heroic Shattered Halls?

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
MadSeasonShow still using OCRemix music in monetized videos against their terms of use I see. Scummy

• 2Moron
Reactions: 1 users

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>

Because as consumers we can expect better. the FF14 devs are worshipped by their community for the way they take care of their game.

Companies like Activision/Blizzard are a scourge. One day they will turn around and nobody will be left. Wringing out a game's player base for as much money as you can is short term thinking.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

I've got a high tolerance for that bullshit from EQ TLPs but I get someone pulling the plug over the char boosts, store mounts and imminent wow token being shoved in to TBC when they already didn't how those things impacted retail. It's not the game doesn't have a monthly sub.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I've got a high tolerance for that bullshit from EQ TLPs but I get someone pulling the plug over the char boosts, store mounts and imminent wow token being shoved in to TBC when they already didn't how those things impacted retail. It's not the game doesn't have a monthly sub.

Cash shops for gold also destroy the economy and FORCE players to participate through inflation.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
You are probably right. It won't stop me from trying though.

Similar situation to me, find something she likes outside of the tik tok crap and run with that. For us, our teen just started to volunteer in the youth program at the local zoo and loves it. It's a 9 to 5 like job, but pays 0. Guess they get 'exposure' to get around those child labor laws lolol.

Back to WoW classic. Everyone uses questie, is there a version that warns you when the quest you're taking has a shit all drop rate for quest items AND doesn't even have the courtesy of a follow up quest? SOOO sick of duoing / trioing, and waiting to get 9 x 3 bear asses for the whole group, when only 1 in 10 bears has an ass :*(

Agree about only seeing blood elves while leveling, I guess 100% of the people are buying boosts these days.

• 1Moron