World of Warcraft: Classic

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Can you substantiate any of these numbers?
You people always ask for stats and proof and peer reviewed journals about the faction imbalance, when anyone that has ever played Alliance in the last 10 years has seen just how bad it is first hand. It's clearly massively imbalanced and you can feel it very easily playing Alliance in just about every area of the game.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I’m not asking for stats I’m just asking to understand how horde playing horde in BGs effects alliance players at all… besides something like horde get more nodes than us in open world now which doesn’t seem relative.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I’m not asking for stats I’m just asking to understand how horde playing horde in BGs effects alliance players at all… besides something like horde get more nodes than us in open world now which doesn’t seem relative.
Less incentive for horde players to move somewhere else since the last gameplay blocker that comes from the population of the opposite faction was removed.

There are no good solutions to remove player imbalance except making more appealing race / racial talents etc.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Ya'll remember when for like, a week in Shadowlands, Alliance PvP DoMINATED The Maw and Alliance were griefing Horde there? Making up for 10 years+ of Horde vastly overpowering Alliance in pvp and griefing Alliance? And Horde cried so badly, the sea level rose by 10 yards? And Blizzard rushed to implement a safe bubble in The Maw to protect them? That shit was so funny when for literally a decade, Horde were griefing Alliance in PvP and when anyone in Alliance complained, they'd tell them to 'get gud" or "turn off pvp" or "don't play pvp server'? That was good times.

When literally the week before, Horde were camping Alliance in Maldraxxus because when you finished Bastion, it flew you into this isolated chapel in Maldraxxus with no spirit healer in sight. So if you were ganked there, you had to run a long ass way to get back to your corpse, and to get close enough you'd have to get within the chapel where Horde would easily just kill you again, until you finally gave up and res'd at spirit healer.

The fact is, nobody likes being that outnumbered and that griefed. Faction imbalance sucks. But blizzard was too greedy and stubborn and they enjoyed the $$ of faction transfers for too long. They don't even make good money from transfers anymore, because "everyone" has already gone Horde. Even with cross faction bg's, it sucks to play as Alliance because half your team is actually Horde and the moment things go bad, morale goes to shit because the Horde players that are playing on the alliance team for that bg just start trolling and laughing about how "bad alliance is."

Literally the only solution is just to do away with the two factions anyways, which haven't made sense in the story for a long ass time.

• 6Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 6 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

It doesn't, if people are being honest. Makes no flipping difference to Alliance if Horde are able to actually play BGs.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
You aren't wrong but you're also writing from the viewpoint of a horde player.
Alliance on the server has been outnumbered 65/35 all of classic which is essentially a 2:1 advantage that just became much more apparent in TBC when it came to farming nodes, getting to instances, using summoning stones, etc.
It turned out into an 80:20 split as of last week and with the new announcement all hope of blizzard trying to rectify extreme balances went out the window and people just gave up.
Ive got 2 60+ allies and 2 60+ horde. This change didn't phase me at all on my alliance.

Want to fix the faction imbalance give a straight damage buff to the side under represented. The larger the variance the larger the buff. The alternative is to drop more loot including raids. Factions will quickly balance then.

Cybsled

Keeping factions in WoW is the same as the sticklers who don’t want the designated hitter to be universal “because of history and pitcher strategy!”

It’s time to move on

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Keeping factions in WoW is the same as the sticklers who don’t want the designated hitter to be universal “because of history and pitcher strategy!”

It’s time to move on

Tradition is a genuine argument against innovation.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm

Been going down the rabbit hole....looks like about 3 of the 11 people the post explicitly named are all that's left. i'm sure there are others from the group pic, but still. Just a complete shell of its former self.

• 1Like

Dalien

Registered Hodor

I can tell you why (disclaimer: I'm not subbed and don't really give a shit, but here's why)

Besides a couple of Alliance heavy outliers (like Incendius that I'm on) and balanced servers (like Whitemane), most of the PvP servers are Horde heavy or dominated. This doesn't just affect open world stuff like nodes, completing elite quests and getting to dungeons and raids; it also affects things like finding groups for heroics, raids, and the number of quality guilds to choose from. Not to mention the auction house being fully stocked.

The one advantage that Alliance has had is instant PvP queues, and the reason many of the Alliance PvPers play on that side is so they don't have to wait for queues. So if Horde suddenly has instant queues now as well, what the fuck reason is there to play Alliance side anymore?

It's not so much about Horde getting something good like insta-queues (I'm glad you guys don't have to wait an hour anymore), and more about "we might as well just reroll and play Horde now, especially this early in the expansion." And then it snowballs from there. I doubt my guild is going anywhere because my server is Alliance dominated and we have shit like Scarab Lords and Atiesh's that people wouldn't want to lose, but I can see why others would make the choice to reroll.

That's why.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Most likely yeah, we ended up losing that AV but it was a lot closer than I thought it would be...

• 2Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am parachuting in this thread and haven't read shit. I will leave just as quick as I arrived. Trying to get my teen daughter off of tiktok/snap and doing something where she engages with people (somewhat) and maybe gets some of her friends to join her. Am thinking about introducing her to WOW. Should I show her Classic WoW or the standard version? If i go standard I have an account of with near every class around 80, 85 or whatever the cap was when I quit and Elon Musk levels of gold. I know nothing about Classic since it is after my time. Thanks in advance for any opinions.

• 1Dislike

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I am parachuting in this thread and haven't read shit. I will leave just as quick as I arrived. Trying to get my teen daughter off of tiktok/snap and doing something where she engages with people (somewhat) and maybe gets some of her friends to join her. Am thinking about introducing her to WOW. Should I show her Classic WoW or the standard version? If i go standard I have an account of with near every class around 80, 85 or whatever the cap was when I quit and Elon Musk levels of gold. I know nothing about Classic since it is after my time. Thanks in advance for any opinions.
Classic is going to have more of a "community" to it than modern wow is as theres no cross server instance/raids groups.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah FF14, she can make a cute character which girls love and there's lots of story to read to ease her into the genre.

Endgame is fashion (transmog) but they actually seem to have had women's fashion designers design dresses and hats. There are no shoulderpads in the whole game so they can look nice.

She can also treat her mount as a pet, feed it to change it's colour and dress it up in acheivement stuff. You can buy her a house to decorate too.

The story of the latest raid is literally teenage girls burdened by destiny learning how to make friends and wanting to have afternoon tea at the cake shop instead of being raid bosses. It's pretty good!

All the streamers are defecting from WoW to FF14 because how awful the game is now, perfect time to play as there are new players everywhere. Also an expansion dropping in November so LOTS of a content to do.

There are also female streamers who play who are not hideous hambeasts (Zepla) since kids love YouTubers.

Also Blizzard Enterainment are being sued by the state of California for hiring cute women they could drunkenly harass led by the founder of this forum (lol) and one women was driven to suicide. I can show you the female streamer crying about this if you like, so yeah... WoW is pretty negative right now.

• 1Moron