World of Warcraft: Classic

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Classic pumper autists are a different breed, imagine not just getting drunk and slamming your dick on chain heal while watching a movie
Switching from fury war in classic vanilla to resto shm now in classic tbc was best move ive ever made

• 1Moron
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
Switching from fury war in classic vanilla to resto shm now in classic tbc was best move ive ever made
Lol i kind of did the opposite but i went from resto shaman through naxx then made an alliance warlock so im just spamming shadow bolt or seed of corruption which is even more braindead

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lol i kind of did the opposite but i went from resto shaman through naxx then made an alliance warlock so im just spamming shadow bolt or seed of corruption which is even more braindead
have a destro lock alt as well. shits tite

• 1Moron

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Resto sham is a such a easymode fun class from classic to wrath. Once they needed chain heal it wasn’t so fun.

• 1Like

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
World buffs need to go, and I was a sword rogue so I benefited the 2nd most right below fury warriors. They were fun for a time but by the end it became a chore and very deflating if you happened to die from some random bullshit. They were clearly never intended to be what they became with classic by the original vanilla devs... so even if you're one of those 'no changes' people it goes against the spirit of what vanilla was. I don't ever remember any guild on my server back in the day (Skullcrusher) getting world buffs for raids.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
. They were clearly never intended to be what they became with classic by the original vanilla devs... so even if you're one of those 'no changes' people it goes against the spirit of what vanilla was. .

Isn't there some dev quote like "why did we put a mob with a fire resist buff next to bwl entrance"

Getting world buffs in vanilla didn't make any sense when most of the raids were progression attempts.

• 1Moron
  • 1Faggotry

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Isn't there some dev quote like "why did we put a mob with a fire resist buff next to bwl entrance"

Getting world buffs in vanilla didn't make any sense when most of the raids were progression attempts.

Imagine trying to win a race nobody is running. You gotta get past this obsession with WoW classic, you didn't even play a class that world buffs even mattered on. You are just something to point and laugh at.

• 2Like

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider

Are you really comparing the Blackrock Spire fire resist buff to Ony/ZG/DM/Songflower/Darkmoon buff stacking? The fire resist buff is the only thing I remember doing in vanilla in terms of buff stacking; and it was only for progression on Ragnaros and Vaelastrasz. Stacking the other buffs makes the raids a complete joke while forcing raid logging and other annoying bullshit. You could argue that the fire resist buff was intended, but you can't argue the classic world-buff meta was.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I thought the whole no changes thing was what everyone wanted for the first iteration. And then everyone was hoping for ARPG style rulesets for ladder iterations after that? I don't know why anyone would keep playing the same exact iteration of classic over and over so this makes way more sense.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I thought the whole no changes thing was what everyone wanted for the first iteration. And then everyone was hoping for ARPG style rulesets for ladder iterations after that? I don't know why anyone would keep playing the same exact iteration of classic over and over so this makes way more sense.

Hashtagnochanges Classic servers are still going right now right? Anyone who wants that can go play that right now today.

If someone wants a fresh start but also to collect world buffs again I can't help you.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Are you really comparing the Blackrock Spire fire resist buff to Ony/ZG/DM/Songflower/Darkmoon buff stacking? The fire resist buff is the only thing I remember doing in vanilla in terms of buff stacking; and it was only for progression on Ragnaros and Vaelastrasz. Stacking the other buffs makes the raids a complete joke while forcing raid logging and other annoying bullshit. You could argue that the fire resist buff was intended, but you can't argue the classic world-buff meta was.

Ok, you kill Onyxia and get a reward, and the buff goes out city wide.

People still leveling rejoice. What does the person handing it in get from the buff? How else can you practically use it at level 60

The min max World buff autist culture definitely wasn't intended but that doesn't mean "cry of the dragon slayer" wasn't intended for future raids

• 1Imbecile

Rali

Trakanon Raider
The min max World buff autist culture definitely wasn't intended but that doesn't mean "cry of the dragon slayer" wasn't intended for future raids

I mean, I know this might be hard for your smooth brain, but you could always pop the buff(s) just before you head to the raid, like I'm sure most other guilds did during Classic.

I am, of course, talking about the whole raid logging thing that gets enforced with the world buff meta, as I know you will argue something completely different if I don't point this out to your ignorant, argumentative arse.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
God forbid that Ossoi and Vanessa ever debate the same topic. A swirling maelstrom of obstinate confusion and deliberate misunderstanding that circles around the actual point without ever actually touching said point. It would threaten to consume this forum should it ever occur.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I mean, I know this might be hard for your smooth brain, but you could always pop the buff(s) just before you head to the raid, like I'm sure most other guilds did during Classic.

I am, of course, talking about the whole raid logging thing that gets enforced with the world buff meta, as I know you will argue something completely different if I don't point this out to your ignorant, argumentative arse.

oh joy, another reply which fails to grasp the point of the conversation.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't even know what Ossoi is talking about. There's no way they wanted to trivialize their own raid encounters by stacking world buffs, anything else you say is trying to obfuscate that point. At most you could say maybe they thought one of the world buffs could help on a single boss that a guild was stuck on. Also, people would just die a lot more in vanilla than in classic. Trying to coordinate stacking 5-6 world buffs then watching half the raid die before you reached Garr just doesn't make sense.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Trying to coordinate stacking 5-6 world buffs then watching half the raid die before you reached Garr just doesn't make sense.

No shit, and pretty sure I already said this.

And you contradict yourself, back when raids took months to fully clear, then how would stacking world buffs trivialize encounters?