World of Warcraft: Classic

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Im glad they actually made more adjustments than just XP because mages still being able to wipe out the dungeon in a single pull is still a massive amount of loot and I guarantee the way 99% of the super rare epic BoEs entered the economy.

As a 60 mage I would still go blast down maraudon at a chance for edgemasters handguards because that shit is still going to be worth thousands of gold and now I have to find some place they didn't touch to farm like BRD which has plenty of ledges to abuse, like the one above general angerforge. Whether that will be worth it or possible as a mage... I don't know but that will be the goal for many looking to find farming spots with boost like returns.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Doesn't matter. Too little, too late. They needed to make these changes 2 years ago at classic launch as an alternative server/rule set.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If they want people to come back over and over Holly needs to convince them to add kronos...er wow tokens to Nu-Classic.

• 1Worf

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
You guys are smoking the copium if you think classic tlp wont be a hit.

Ive heard the same shit since ragefire server launch how nobody is gonna want to play the new tlp because they did it already... people will play and no life the fuck out of it because theres nothing else better to do.

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There will be classic WoW servers 50 years from now. And they will still make money.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
You guys are smoking the copium if you think classic tlp wont be a hit.

Ive heard the same shit since ragefire server launch how nobody is gonna want to play the new tlp because they did it already... people will play and no life the fuck out of it because theres nothing else better to do.

There will be classic WoW servers 50 years from now. And they will still make money.

Oh, they'll make money but will they meet expectations.

• 1Worf

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
All it takes is a few buddies saying they want to play to get your hype train going. That’s the main reason we all keep playing EQ TLPs. The initial rush is fun and hanging out with friends in game again.

• 3Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
For a TLP fresh release I can show up on Wed, be max level Friday afternoon and raiding on the weekend AND bank some kronos along the way. With WoW Classic if I roll a character even with the better exp and even with a bit better game knowledge it's still going to take a big chunk of time just to level.

With the proper meeting/summoning stones in place do you go super hard on the dungeons then?

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you have a good group that can run a few dungeons back to back it's probably still going to be worthwhile. Worst part about questing in WoW is how much time you spend running from one place to the next. Not having to fight over mobs during the initial rush is going to help a lot too.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
With MC and Onyxia this week for testing and the cap being 60 now, I could see them pushing for a Nov 23 release to go against Endwalker. A week sooner or later and you run the risk of losing people to FFXIV, but I guess a week sooner might get you more people who join just to blow a week playing something if you only care about 1 month subs.

Animosity

Gotta hit that holiday release. Everyone has a long weekend home, get those easy subs.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
With MC and Onyxia this week for testing and the cap being 60 now, I could see them pushing for a Nov 23 release to go against Endwalker. A week sooner or later and you run the risk of losing people to FFXIV, but I guess a week sooner might get you more people who join just to blow a week playing something if you only care about 1 month subs.
Who are these people who won't play Endwalker because WoW Classic 2 launched?

I'd literally need multiple IRL friends playing Classic 2 and even then I'd probably damage the relationships by telling them they are retarded for not playing Endwalker and then I'd play Endwalker anyway.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I could see them pushing for a Nov 23 release to go against Endwalker.
So the best Blizzard can muster to compete against "that other game" is a 16 year old game with a bit of lipstick?

wut.jpg

Masakari

Pattern Recognition Expert
<Gold Donor>
Would Classic 2 drain the TBCC servers? When's WOTLK slated to launch?

• 1Like

Animosity

TBC has been out 4 months and people already want WOTLK lol. Classic was almost 2 years before TBC.

• 1Like

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I cant speak for everyone but TBC was never my jam, I played it when it came out back in the day but it just was really boring for me... Knew I wasn't going to enjoy it so I didn't even bother.

TBC was always the WOTLK waiting room.

I think the changes to classic are a good bellwether for the future of WoW, it is already a proven working formula for EQ. Fraction of development cost to rake in revenue, allowing a steady flow of cash to fund future development (that the playerbase will hate but that doesn't matter) until the next big thing comes around.

TBC is just a really boring expansion that I personally dont want to play, it's like kunark for EQ... Sure some people enjoy parts of it but it will just be a slog for the velious(wotlk) expansion everyone really wants to play. Eventually they will piece all the progression together to go classic>tbc>wotlk and perhaps beyond up to current but it's definitely a lot of progression for what is currently (with their new 1 year accelerated timeline) 3 years per server. Most people can stomach maybe a month and a year at the very most before desperately wanting something else to do.

All I can say is everyone really just wants something better to play than classic wow but that still hasnt metastasized.

New World had a lot of promise but their lack of MMO experience hurt them badly and in the end, isn't what were looking for.

I still remain optimistic.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users