World of Warcraft: Classic

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
as far as mounts go, You need 225 for slow flying mount (250g), 300 for fast flying mount (5k gold) and then.....something? for cold weather mount (1k) gold...

Is cold weather just a requirement to fly in Northrend? Like do you still use either your slow or fast flying mount with the slow/fast flying skill? Or is it like 375 Flying skill and thus it requires you to have bought fast flying mount skill (5k)

I'm sure its nbd on most servers but on fresh start having 5k already is a big ask for casuals like me

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
as far as mounts go, You need 225 for slow flying mount (250g), 300 for fast flying mount (5k gold) and then.....something? for cold weather mount (1k) gold...

Is cold weather just a requirement to fly in Northrend? Like do you still use either your slow or fast flying mount with the slow/fast flying skill? Or is it like 375 Flying skill and thus it requires you to have bought fast flying mount skill (5k)

I'm sure its nbd on most servers but on fresh start having 5k already is a big ask for casuals like me

Yep - at 77, you can buy Cold Weather Flying and then use any flying mounts in Northrend. Until then, ground only.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i dont give a shit if anybody is mad about changes, i love those loot changes a lot

edit: where did you see this? those link to an old article

looks like from this?
Honestly? This is a pretty decent change. It makes me more excited to perpetually play other classic shit. Just not interested in cata and beyond. Maybe if they removed the stupid pay to boost shit and embraced jumping in with friends. At level 78 or something for free (on cata or any xpac -2 levels for start). I’d even gladly play the 10 levels in the pre patch to play from time to time. I’m just not willing to give them $50 for a game I already fucking bought.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sounds like you want to play wow but without playing wow first. Wow is free, you just pay the sub. you don't have to buy any expansions. How did you buy the game? it's free for classic/tbc/wrath, you just need a sub or token.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Sounds like you want to play wow but without playing wow first. Wow is free, you just pay the sub. you don't have to buy any expansions. How did you buy the game? it's free for classic/tbc/wrath, you just need a sub or token.
No. Not exactly. I’m saying they need to treat the xpacs as individual entities. I think they’d get a lot more subs. But I guess boosts for now are printing money.

My point is I have them $80 for wrath collectors in 2008. Now I see another special edition for $50 and a boost at $60? Naw. I think the boosts for a new “classic” xpac ought to be free, perhaps if you bought and keyed in the original game? I dunno. I find their boosts abhorrent. I’d assume none of it exist frankly. But I get it.

This quickly gets into a philosophical debate on games as service. I mean technically I didn’t buy Wrath, TBC, Cata, etc. At any point said servers can go offline or that content could be removed. And by that token you might argue Wrath Classic is a different “service” or “game.” I’m a somewhat a hypocrit since I’m paying to play Wrath classic. But I find their monetization around classic to be somewhat predatory. I don’t want to play Cata. But I might play panda. So it’s either boost or hope for a joyous journey before each xpac. Especially if I want to do a different class. Classic has made me completely rethink games as service and account investment for MMOs. Like, am I just rebuilding all the same shit I have in retail?! There’s gotta be a better way that both prints money for Blizz and doesn’t feel like you’re being preyed upon as a customer.

oh. And when I say monetization I should say the boosts and “special” editions. Monthly fee is more than fair for WoW and FF14 too.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Wow people actually play on these servers? Probably bots.

oof.PNG

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Silver and Gold intake dramatically ticks up as you get into Northrend compared to TBC and especially Vanilla. Besides, you cant even fly on your first character before level 77 - so its almost pointless to concern yourself with. GDKP is also so prevalent that just playing the game will get you into a Naxx group where people are naturally going to whale out, putting tons of gold in your pocket. Enough for Epic and Cold Weather. (I am unsure, however, if you need Epic flying to use Cold Weather flying. A part of me thinks you can just use cold weather flying as long as you have 225 flying.)

Worst case (but also good for you) is that your guild isnt GDKP for your mains and only runs GDKP on alts.

No. Not exactly. I’m saying they need to treat the xpacs as individual entities. I think they’d get a lot more subs. But I guess boosts for now are printing money.

My point is I have them $80 for wrath collectors in 2008. Now I see another special edition for $50 and a boost at $60? Naw. I think the boosts for a new “classic” xpac ought to be free, perhaps if you bought and keyed in the original game? I dunno. I find their boosts abhorrent. I’d assume none of it exist frankly. But I get it.

This quickly gets into a philosophical debate on games as service. I mean technically I didn’t buy Wrath, TBC, Cata, etc. At any point said servers can go offline or that content could be removed. And by that token you might argue Wrath Classic is a different “service” or “game.” I’m a somewhat a hypocrit since I’m paying to play Wrath classic. But I find their monetization around classic to be somewhat predatory. I don’t want to play Cata. But I might play panda. So it’s either boost or hope for a joyous journey before each xpac. Especially if I want to do a different class. Classic has made me completely rethink games as service and account investment for MMOs. Like, am I just rebuilding all the same shit I have in retail?! There’s gotta be a better way that both prints money for Blizz and doesn’t feel like you’re being preyed upon as a customer.

oh. And when I say monetization I should say the boosts and “special” editions. Monthly fee is more than fair for WoW and FF14 too.
I'm fine with boosts. The boosted characters gear sucks, they have no faction grinded out, theyre missing talent specific ranks on spells, and as listed above - they dont have epic flying. For the amount of money you spend on a boosted character, its really quite shit. Any money that can be attributed directly to classic and not retail, I am completely fine with. Never mind the lack of muscle memory people have with boosted characters and how they'll be behind the 8 ball for a minute on that, too.

As far as free options - the guy in that last video indirectly hinted at each expansion having an experience boost before it launches. If they continue to do 50% like theyre doing now, at the end of wotlk - youll have an extra 25% from heirlooms. At the end of Cata, youll have 55% from heirlooms (iirc the specific totals). Add the heirlooms and the game-wide modifier and youll fly though levels and be a better player for it, likely with friends made along the way. Especially after the Cata revamp to classic. Granted after WOTLK - the new players to classic will probably slow down drastically and just have returning players with characters at max or close to it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
I definitely agree the boosted characters should have had more default rep, specially the wotlk boost ones not being even remotely close to being able to unlock heroics in TBC. It's a bit counter intuitive to have to backtrack and do half a zone to get the rep for some places you cant just abuse mass turnins for like the lower city, CE etc.

I guess the silver lining on those is you could just go back and blast through all the 60-70 quests and get like 5k gold? still annoying though and i wouldnt bother with it because TBC is actually the dullest questing experience they've made by far with the exception of some classic zones.

• 1Like

Yeahs73

Trakanon Raider
I got suckered back in for wrath. Boosted a rogue, tried to do some catch up things and just couldn’t get into it. Rogue is going to sit till wotlk opening day where the gear will get replaced pretty much immediately. Dinking around on an enhancement shaman till release.

Daidraco

I got suckered back in for wrath. Boosted a rogue, tried to do some catch up things and just couldn’t get into it. Rogue is going to sit till wotlk opening day where the gear will get replaced pretty much immediately. Dinking around on an enhancement shaman till release.
You're not the only one thats come to that realization going that route. I suggest making a second character and getting them as far as you can on the boosted exp before the 26th so you can have another character to run GDKP with if you need it. Especially since you're already subbed.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
Getting bored of destiny and dont have anything else to play, tempted to come back and dick around. Havent played since end of classic though. No clue what to level up, have a paladin, hunter, and druid at 60 iirc. How long to get to 70 with the exp bonus?

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
60 to 70, Like 6 hours if you poopsock it.

We had 70s in 48 hours on Maladath (fresh server)

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
You think people donated more to Daez than we earned during the entirety of classic?

• 1Worf

Daidraco

I had no idea this was commissioned work. Didnt even watch it when I first saw it cause I thought it was just some rehashed shit.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users