World of Warcraft: Classic

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
I think the changes they are making for WOTLK are just the tip of the iceberg. Everything I saw as a change in classic and TBC just seemed like a bandaid to stop toxic gameplay. (Ie. I believe we'll be playing a vastly different game than retail by the time WOD comes around.)

The next big change that they need to put some real effort and time into is guilds. GDKP has been around for a while, but its popularity in MMO's across the board is almost standard practice now. With GDKP being this popular, there is almost zero reason to be in a guild or group / raid with guild mates. I care about that green text, but an overwhelming amount of people just dont give a shit. So maybe in Cata when guild perks become available, they actually put some time and effort into that horse shit and reward people for grouping with their guild mates.

The Guild Reward system would be a measure to combat that.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
I paid for this stupid game last week and have logged in twice. Having a hard time catching that lightning.

reynholm-renum.gif

I feel dirty.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Theres just little to no point in playing right now and everything that you could do to prepare yourself for WOTLK would only shave a handful of hours off at maximum. Really no incentive to play until the 26th. Never mind if you're leaving your old server to go to a new one. That would deflate even the most hardy of attitudes.

Lol, no it wouldn't people would just make GDKP guilds.
Getting them into the guild is the first part. Finding a solution to a mega guild is the second part. These devs over the last 20 years havent exactly shown us that they should take more than baby steps.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Thing about these devs solving the GDKP or the mega guild problem is that these aren't the devs that even designed the fucking thing. There's like who left? Samwise the artist? Is Dabiri even there? Ion and Kalgan are the closest to the originals and they're spineless fucktards. I mean the fucking former WoW tranny dev had more time on "good" content than anyone else shown in the recent vids outside Ion and Kalgan.

GDKP doesn't have to be solved 100% but providing some guild bonuses on loot or something would help. I don't even want the mega guild shit solved because that's my option 2 for seeing content.

Now I'm wondering why the fuck am I paying for this or considering a second classic cycle to hit up vanilla and TBC....

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Jesus you guys are pathetic. Either play or don't, nobody cares that you don't want to. At least pantheon has amusing memes, this is just whining to be cool and its just cringe.

Some of you that talked up your friends to play just to bitch out before wrath even dropped deserve to be kicked in the nuts for being that guy.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Grobbulus is the best server to capture that nostalgia feel. It's the only 50/50 server left too.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I've really enjoyed leveling to 70 and gearing for the launch on Monday.

It's nice to enjoy things.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've been really enjoyed leveling to 70 and gearing for the launch on Monday.

It's nice to enjoy things.
I leveled up my Warlock - the first in a long, long time and actually enjoy playing him. Unfortunate I get insta-grouped on the druid over him, but I expected it. Affliction build putting seeds everywhere in PVP is hilarious. "Yes.. yes.. run back to everyone turtling." /evil laugh

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Meh. I’m playing. But criticizing how classic has devolved into gdkp is fine and criticizing the general trends of the company. And I’m the lone holdout of the 6 or so IRL friends and three former guildies that were gonna smash 10 man. Lol. So much for that.

I’m seriously considering leveling a mage. Never played one.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
The honor boost is insane. Got full S4 for my mage in a couple days.
Yeah the welfare upgrades is crazy. i made it to 70 wearing mail on a pally using a 30 dps weapon from the ah and in two days have completed all gear except trinkets and relic.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user