World of Warcraft: Classic

Cybsled

Only reason I would even half consider playing this is OG Wintergrasp. Literally the only PvP I enjoyed in this game. I loved using the siege engines and gun emplacements

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Is anything after WotLK "Classic"? I am happy to play through that but when does "classic" become retail at this rate?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

I can’t imagine there will be much demand for post wotlk classic. Cataclysm will be meh. Maybe MoP+ Cata combined, but then you’re getting into the past 10 years and nostalgia won’t be as strong

It feels like the rose colored goggles fall off post WOTLK

• 1Like

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
Personally, I just want them to do progression servers ala EQ. Do an accelerated release schedule and run it from Vanilla through Legion and just rinse and repeat. I'd play and I think enough others would to justify a handful of servers.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is anything after WotLK "Classic"? I am happy to play through that but when does "classic" become retail at this rate?
Slowly starts with Cata with the change of the original zones. Id say WoD is when the game takes the biggest turn with dailies gating everything and the game becomes more solo play with the introduction of Garrison's. MoP was a popular expansion but ya I dont see many people willing to play Cata just to play MoP. I could see WotLK being the WoW version of EQ's PoP for TLPs.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Cata and maybe MOP are ok. I know MOP is loved for class design but I hated the aesthetics. Cata max level content was ok.

I still don’t understand people’s goals with achieves and cosmetics. Like. Let me rebuild my retail character again?

Animosity

Cata and maybe MOP are ok. I know MOP is loved for class design but I hated the aesthetics. Cata max level content was ok.

I still don’t understand people’s goals with achieves and cosmetics. Like. Let me rebuild my retail character again?
Transmog is a major factor of why people still keep playing retail. If they can get some stupid armor skin they definitely will play classic for a bit.

Caeden

Transmog is a major factor of why people still keep playing retail. If they can get some stupid armor skin they definitely will play classic for a bit.
I mean that and seeing the last bits of WC3 story with the legion and old gods were all I cared about too. But I mean people that are maining the shit out of classic. One of the dudes in my guild has 4 max characters in tbc classic. Why?

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I had 2 on main account and another on second account and I am pretty anti alts, but wanted gdkp money.

A lot of the people we played with had char cap all maxed and second accounts w/ more max level chars again for raids/gdkp.

You make a fortune that way and kit out all chars in BIS easily.

• 1Like

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I mean that and seeing the last bits of WC3 story with the legion and old gods were all I cared about too. But I mean people that are maining the shit out of classic. One of the dudes in my guild has 4 max characters in tbc classic. Why?

Wotlk is very light on things to do. If you only care about raid logging once a week, have at it. But if you want something to do every night, you'll need alts unless your guild is absolutely trash and takes a week to clear naxx. You'll be playing once a week until resets.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think the changes they are making for WOTLK are just the tip of the iceberg. Everything I saw as a change in classic and TBC just seemed like a bandaid to stop toxic gameplay. (Ie. I believe we'll be playing a vastly different game than retail by the time WOD comes around.)

The next big change that they need to put some real effort and time into is guilds. GDKP has been around for a while, but its popularity in MMO's across the board is almost standard practice now. With GDKP being this popular, there is almost zero reason to be in a guild or group / raid with guild mates. I care about that green text, but an overwhelming amount of people just dont give a shit. So maybe in Cata when guild perks become available, they actually put some time and effort into that horse shit and reward people for grouping with their guild mates.

• 1Solidarity

Caeden

Wotlk is very light on things to do. If you only care about raid logging once a week, have at it. But if you want something to do every night, you'll need alts unless your guild is absolutely trash and takes a week to clear naxx. You'll be playing once a week until resets.
Ideal. I’d consider a mage or lock but the time has passed on the buff.

Animosity

I love the leveling experience in WoW. I had 4 characters at 60 or close to it. Only 1 that I did any raiding on though.

• 1Like

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I love the leveling experience in WoW. I had 4 characters at 60 or close to it. Only 1 that I did any raiding on though.
I absolutely love doing the leveling experience once, the dungeon gearing once. Maybe more than i enjoy end game… but I still can’t bring myself to do it twice.

• 1Like

Caeden

I dunno. Count me in the minority that can do it 3-4 times no problem.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida

MoP I will play hard, the raids, class design, reforging, and pvp are top notch also Throne of Thunder is probably the best raid they ever did

Plus I liked the farm

• 1Like

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
With 6 Mages, we still lost to an undergeared team with a ballin' S4 Shammy Healer in WSG.

lollol.PNG

Last edited:
  • 1Worf