World of Warcraft: Classic

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Yeah the buff made leveling fun. Even the people against it are idiotic. There is absolutely zero people that will quit over the buff staying in, but I'm sure many that didn't get to 70 during pre-patch will burnt out and say fuck it and cancel.
I'm almost there right now which sucks because I was actually looking forward to leveling a character up and playing through WoTLK. My 25ish mage is grinding pretty hard to the point that I ended up making a hunter. I figured that I could just mindlessly kill stuff while watching videos or something to level up, and then I realized that I had to get to level 10 (or something like that) before I even get a pet lol. I was like, no problem. Then I started grinding away on the hunter and was like where's that damned 50% experience bonus lol.

I'm not going to give up on it yet, but it is annoying that the bonus experience is gone. I truly believe they should have left that on as a permanent thing on the WoTLK Classic servers up to level 70 or something. The game needs a catchup mechanic like that in place.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
I'm almost there right now which sucks because I was actually looking forward to leveling a character up and playing through WoTLK. My 25ish mage is grinding pretty hard to the point that I ended up making a hunter. I figured that I could just mindlessly kill stuff while watching videos or something to level up, and then I realized that I had to get to level 10 (or something like that) before I even get a pet lol. I was like, no problem. Then I started grinding away on the hunter and was like where's that damned 50% experience bonus lol.

I'm not going to give up on it yet, but it is annoying that the bonus experience is gone. I truly believe they should have left that on as a permanent thing on the WoTLK Classic servers up to level 70 or something. The game needs a catchup mechanic like that in place.

No boosts available? Leveling is one of the most rewarding parts of the game, especially its simplicity.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Looks like my auto-clicker doesn't keep me from getting booted. I set it up to cast Molten Armor every 2 minutes, guess it doesn't work.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Looks like my auto-clicker doesn't keep me from getting booted. I set it up to cast Molten Armor every 2 minutes, guess it doesn't work.
No reason to think the guy beyond the algo to figure out whose a tank and healer isn't also working on one foot bring afk.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Autohotkey macros - Do something that makes you move slightly, does an ability of some kind (even if it fails) and repeats every 30s. Then find an out of the way place. I would have to imagine the auto-kick algos have evolved to at least FF14 release window levels (emotes, abilities, chat, all don't count)

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
During original classic at least, my routine always had jump or two, an ability, and taking a few steps. That never failed, at least not unless I forgot to check my Remote Desktop.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
WoWScrnShot_093022_034236.jpg

Dogs are truly a Night Elfs best friend

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Shit bro, its been a hell of a trek to level 80. I need to work on an alt, but after doing heroics, hitting up factions like SoH etc. .. Im a bit burnt out on playing past those activities and Im sure others are too. Never mind the legion of people down in their low 70's that completely underestimated how long the grind was going to be that came back specifically for WOTLK. But even at 3am Eastern last night, there was still a good 60+ people online. Just 9 of us (at the time) were 80, though.

In hindsight, I regret not going tank to level up. The tank I signed up with was weak dick, quit on us after the first night at 73 and is still only 76 after all this time. Never mind the abundance of healers in LFG as you level up. Im thankful I hit 80 when I did cause the LFG scene is going to be saturated af with healers in a few days to a week. Boomkin is fun to play, though. I just hate how shitty my mana regen/pool is at the moment for either spec.

Call out props to P Pooch for pointing out how much of a fkn noob I am, though. First time playing a Healer in any serious capacity and bro makes me actually read text and learn to play. Not that I let anyone die, but sure as fuck made my life easier. Now if someone wants to give me some pointers on how to not die every time a mob looks at me in something like Heroic HOL - I would highly appreciate that advice. (Serious, if tank loses aggro - I die so quick I dont even have time to use an instant heal on myself.)

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
If your tank loses aggro, there's not much you can be doing as a healer besides pretending to tank it while spamming heals on yourself.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Throw a hot on him before pull and hopefully he can stay alive a few seconds to build up aggro so your heal doesn't pull.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’ll admit the ease of healers pulling threat, particularly Druid’s caught me off guard after years of easy mode threat. Can’t imagine Vanilla was a treat on that lol. Gotta try now.

plus DK blood AE threat is pretty bad at low gear levels and mechanically in general.

God. WotLK is so much better than any other mmo I’ve played lately at feeling more like an MMO.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
With unrelenting assault being popular, it's going to give warriors a bad perception of handling packs, sweeping strikes isnt up for anywhere close to every pull, lacks shockwave. Paladins have no excuse to lose aggro. They either have righteous fury up or don't.

DKs have the only real excuse early on, shit gear combined with blood being less mitigation than frost and everyone is blood tanking and dps frost/unholy.

Relying on dnd to hold aggro is a noob trap, most of dk aggro is tied to icy touch, getting a spread on and cranking blood boil takes a bit of time that people probably don't give to them.

I have zero issues on deep prot war, shockwave is just too convenient for packs and is the best for single target tanking, not even close to enough hits to proc revenge consistently for UA.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
With unrelenting assault being popular, it's going to give warriors a bad perception of handling packs, sweeping strikes isnt up for anywhere close to every pull, lacks shockwave. Paladins have no excuse to lose aggro. They either have righteous fury up or don't.

DKs have the only real excuse early on, shit gear combined with blood being less mitigation than frost and everyone is blood tanking and dps frost/unholy.

Relying on dnd to hold aggro is a noob trap, most of dk aggro is tied to icy touch, getting a spread on and cranking blood boil takes a bit of time that people probably don't give to them.

I have zero issues on deep prot war, shockwave is just too convenient for packs and is the best for single target tanking, not even close to enough hits to proc revenge consistently for UA.
Basically I preemptively non-disease BB I’m some situations to get some attention. But yeah that’s a wet noodle. IT/PS-pest-BB. DND is later. But you’re at 4 buttons to 1 for paladins and what? 2 for prot warriors. I think druids are also ez mode.

I haven’t respecced to raid spec. So I still have heart strike. On 3 or less it’s very solid. I just don’t want to build that reliance in my muscle memory. It was only there for when I started and went blood rather than frost/uh for leveling.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Everyone just has shit stats right now and its frustrating. Every gear upgrade I get has high spell power on it, which is nice - but Im suppose to be looking for haste.. which just so happens to be on spell weaver shit and Ill be fucking damned if Im going to pay for that shit. So I cant fault a tank for not having optimal stats, or lack of gear either.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
maybe it's different on your servers but having no issues with healing threat here. I guess this server is pretty sweaty though - everyone looking for dungeon spam xp groups only wants t6/swp geared people. In fact, I could heal heroic VH just now with one hand behind my back and throwing out a few rejuvs. Never have to drink in any dungeon, just innervate and occasional mana pot. Currently sitting on 164 mana pots

I don't think the game was designed with people in full brutal pvp gear to be as many as they are

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Basically I preemptively non-disease BB I’m some situations to get some attention. But yeah that’s a wet noodle. IT/PS-pest-BB. DND is later. But you’re at 4 buttons to 1 for paladins and what? 2 for prot warriors. I think druids are also ez mode.

I haven’t respecced to raid spec. So I still have heart strike. On 3 or less it’s very solid. I just don’t want to build that reliance in my muscle memory. It was only there for when I started and went blood rather than frost/uh for leveling.
I mean it was just N Nexus, but with Frost Pres tanking was a breeze on my DK. Doesn't have full brutal or nothing but it wasn't bad?