World of Warcraft: Classic

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Did they have a thing lately? announcement or stream where they talked about all this?

There is a hour long community discussion with devs - plans for P2 and beyond.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
i dont know man like I said i just started fucking with this build I dont know shit. I know I dont have the right gear, probably dont have the right glyphs. i'm old af bro its already hard enough as is, you know the adage its hard to teach an old dog new tricks. Its even harder when its old man muscle memory been playing DK a certain way for months and having to relearn the wheel. I just wanna make sure i'm following along and not missing anything.

i'm just trying to make sure I understand what you are saying by rune tap. I dont see how you have an available blood rune to use it, nor do i understand what you would gain by doing so during the opening rotation. Do you perhaps mean Blood Tap? that would activate one of your blood runes and turn it into a death rune to allow you to use ghoul frenzy.
Its usually just gear, enchants and buffs, man. The DK rotation isnt some over complicated shit. If you're holding your own with shitty gear in a lot of spots, then you're better than 90% of the people out there. If you're looking for a "potential" boost in confidence, run a sim on your DK for a patchwerk fight and see where your own numbers compare for the fight. Be content that you're doing your best is basically all Im saying.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i dont know man like I said i just started fucking with this build I dont know shit. I know I dont have the right gear, probably dont have the right glyphs. i'm old af bro its already hard enough as is, you know the adage its hard to teach an old dog new tricks. Its even harder when its old man muscle memory been playing DK a certain way for months and having to relearn the wheel. I just wanna make sure i'm following along and not missing anything.

i'm just trying to make sure I understand what you are saying by rune tap. I dont see how you have an available blood rune to use it, nor do i understand what you would gain by doing so during the opening rotation. Do you perhaps mean Blood Tap? that would activate one of your blood runes and turn it into a death rune to allow you to use ghoul frenzy.
oh..yeah...blood tap. my bad. No idea why I'm calling it rune tap lol...is it called rune tap now?

I mean I know why...i'm old too. and just don't care about the right words.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
See i was just about to come say something cus i didnt even have rune tap...and its because its a blood DK talent lol. I respec'd my blood tree for unholy so now i'm dual spec Frost and Unholy and i didnt have that skill anymore..

you should feel bad confusing an old man like that, its hard enough to learn this without that

Caeden

See i was just about to come say something cus i didnt even have rune tap...and its because its a blood DK talent lol. I respec'd my blood tree for unholy so now i'm dual spec Frost and Unholy and i didnt have that skill anymore..

you should feel bad confusing an old man like that, its hard enough to learn this without that
Yep and I've played blood as my primary spec since inception so yep....first time i've raided as dps

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Welp did another naxx last night with a diff guild (much more sweaty, they needed frost dk for icy talons) and comparing logs im doing more as frost than i did as unholy. Not exactly comparable since one run was with my casual guild with a bunch of wipes and slower clears vs a bunch of dudes who've been clearing naxx since week 1.

They brought along 3 pugs and it was me and the ret pally pug competing for the loot piñata. He ended up with bis belt but i picked up bis bracer and ring. Picked up a few other non-bis upgrades as well.

They need a frost dk and invited me so i may end up staying frost.

They were jokingly attempting to immortal naxx and 20 or less it (forget the name of the achievement for 20 ppl or less) and we almost did it, even with 3 scrub pugs off the street.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Any idiots that are crying about what their class sims vs others is definitely bottom of the barrel anyway. Expecially if they’re whining about a buff they’re getting 3 phases from now

I was our token ret back in wotlk and it was some of the most fun I ever had raiding. Was firmly middle of the pack and fine with that because it’s a super easy rotation that’s nigh impossible to fuck up and insane survivability.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Wasn't DK ezmode the entire xpac? Like Monk was in Mists, DH was in Legion, and soon Evoker in Dragonflight?

It's basically a rite of passage for expansions that introduce new classes to have them be the best for that expansion.
You're playing the DK expansion. Of course Ret Paladin sucks in the fucking Death Knight expansion; why do you think fucking Arthas is in this position to begin with?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
Wasn't DK ezmode the entire xpac? Like Monk was in Mists, DH was in Legion, and soon Evoker in Dragonflight?

It's basically a rite of passage for expansions that introduce new classes to have them be the best for that expansion.
You're playing the DK expansion. Of course Ret Paladin sucks in the fucking Death Knight expansion; why do you think fucking Arthas is in this position to begin with?

All paladins in wow have always been the most obnoxious of faggots. They should be forced to suck on the constant dick of a hybrid penalty or heal.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider

Problem is ret was actually good in the original but these servers were they start with the last patch really fuck some classes.

dks took some big nerfs too in that progression but the starting point for them was so absurd they are still good even in the final patch

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
At the end of the day its idiotic to compare 2008 wotlk to 2022 wotlk. The mindset players have and how they play today is incredibly different. If you took 2022's mindset back to 2008 it would lead to a lot of what we see today.

Also, the mindset of a 50 iq bleach drinker who doesnt know how the AH works;

1669495446964.png

Caeden

At the end of the day its idiotic to compare 2008 wotlk to 2022 wotlk. The mindset players have and how they play today is incredibly different. If you took 2022's mindset back to 2008 it would lead to a lot of what we see today.

Also, the mindset of a 50 iq bleach drinker who doesnt know how the AH works;

View attachment 444816
I wondered if it was just me. The obsession with time and efficiency is interesting. Maybe I didn’t notice it because I was insulated in a medium-core group. Most people seem to be playing outside of guilds too. Clearly the sims now are also better.

The game would have been better if it wasn’t frozen and had some balance adjustments. And kill this godawful spec I’m playing on DK.

Also we have two people in our group that refuse to play with pugs. I’ve also enjoyed the people that have never cleared the content originally but did play back then and openly admit they or their guild wasn’t good enough telling those of us who did clear it when relevant how wrong we are. I still can’t make my guild understand on 10m naxx that it’s more efficient to use the two tanks on Raz rather than two dps. Thankfully we only ran that twice to finish up the meta. It’s just weird. But then it’s still better than my last guild which still cleared all content first week yet kept talking about needing FR gear for this version of saphiron.

Last edited:

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
As long as your hitting your rotation right if the rest of the raid is pumping then you’re going to naturally parse higher because of the percentage of time spent with full cooldowns/lust/potions up.

• 2Truth!
Reactions: 1 users