World of Warcraft: Classic

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Masakari

Pattern Recognition Expert
<Gold Donor>
I have no resilience weapons, but every other slot filled with honor / Wintergrasp trinket gear and it's at 1130. The neckbeard 2200 arena rating weapons and gear should be worth more than 100, but I haven't done the math.

I really dislike having to farm out a 2nd stat when I want to play another facet of the game, and I remember all the MMOs seemed to copy this with another name (Resilience for PvP, Hit for raiding). Just let me stack good gear and hit high numbers :p

Trying to stack pure resil on my disc priest and just be a tank.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yep its basically a dps check because the titan rune grants +90% health and if you arent clearing them fast enough, the mobs can overwhelm you, and enough of them hitting you stacks the +dmg taken debuff to the point that healer mana becomes an issue. Ive had several groups wipe here but still win because the last survivor outlasted the timer.

UK/UP, DTK/GUN are entirely on your tank moving/positioning the mobs, as long as dps dont stand still they can be mongoloids and still win.
VH/NEX/OCC is entirely on rdps to have a /target mirror macro to kill images instantly before they start casting.
Webs, you just need to stack and aoe, totem/nova/whatever.

COS is a complete joke its not even worth considering.
As a mage, fuck those images.

• 1Solidarity

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Literally the day after posting this my officers came to me and said there's another guild that's looking to people and what do you think about merging with them? Lol. This other guild has been around since Wrath's start, but hasn't done much through Phase 1, and is starting to get serious about raiding for Phase 2 but like most is missing a few spots to have a solid roster. I've pugged so much that I'm not sure about the idea of a concrete roster. I guess I don't like the idea of benching people, but is what it is.

If it means we can start getting solid 25m raids in, then I'm down.

As others have said, be careful with mergers.

It managed to work out for my guild in classic but it didn't for many others on the server. We started with 20 or so of us from EQ, and found another 20 person guild to team up with to try killing Onyxia. We raided together as separate guilds for a couple of months, killing Ony and most of the MC bosses before we decided to merge. Leadership became an equal number of officers from each guild and we combined the pseudo-mixed DKP system we had been using while raiding together into one.

Best advice if you're considering it is, raid together for a while as separate guilds. That way you'll get to find out if they have a bunch of shitters or a bunch of drama.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
As others have said, be careful with mergers.

It managed to work out for my guild in classic but it didn't for many others on the server. We started with 20 or so of us from EQ, and found another 20 person guild to team up with to try killing Onyxia. We raided together as separate guilds for a couple of months, killing Ony and most of the MC bosses before we decided to merge. Leadership became an equal number of officers from each guild and we combined the pseudo-mixed DKP system we had been using while raiding together into one.

Best advice if you're considering it is, raid together for a while as separate guilds. That way you'll get to find out if they have a bunch of shitters or a bunch of drama.
Yep! Our first "collab" is tomorrow for Ulduar 25! they had 20 signed up already on their roster, and we usually get 10-12. Apparently, they are benching people to let our guys in so we can see what's up and how we jive together. I don't like the idea of benching people so I'm already not too keen on it. Especially since this last Tuesday we had 8 or so guildies for our 2nd 10m team and so that's almost full.

My DK and Hunter are neck and neck for gear and pretty fun seeing the fights from both ranged and melee. And yes, ranged have it fucking EZZZZ lol.

Crone

Did that Ulduar 25M collab tonight and it went really well. They are actually pretty damn chill and accepted us with open arms. Lol. We were all just laughing in the beginning about how we started on time and there were not any "pugs" in the raid, even though technically we all were. They've been I guess going with 20-22 for the last few weeks and skipping getting a full raid altogether. They were all 226-228 ilvl and could tell they'd done all these fights for quite a while and wanted to progress into hard modes.

As of right now, it's headed in a good direction and for now, I want to keep us separate but keep on raiding together.

• 1Like

Crone

Ulduar 25 clean up was tonight and we 1 shot Vezax and Yogg 4 light. Just doing normal modes for this first thing together but was pretty awesome. First attempt and not a single person hit green clouds. Like I don't even know what that is.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This guild bust up was weird. The GM/raid lead got pissy. Went to retail to mythic raid. Me and two others flat out canceled accounts rather than find a new guild. Everyone else is talking about how great everyone is and how they love playing together. Then one random dps drops in that only clicks the sign up each week to ask why no raid.

Rwally on a drama scale I expected more. The worst it got was our resto shaman officer telling our GM to change out his tampon.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
My guild struggled tonight and couldnt kill Yogg 1 light, had to settle for 4 light. Derps kept running into clouds or other wtf shit over and over.

Killed Vezax HM right before it though.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
1677563835360.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Welp i fucked up and gave blizzard more money.

Been putzing around on low level dudes, got full sets of heirlooms for each armor type, etc. But with all the dailies and raids on my dudes just didnt have the time to make any progress.

A while back i decided it wasnt worth leveling characters from scratch even with heirlooms and didnt wanna wait to see if they would ever bring back the joyous journeys so i decided to boost a mage.

Now ive never really been able to level a mage they are just so weak and get clapped by trash mobs, idk im just no good at grinding exp as cloth. I tried my best but i only got from 70 to 74 and gave up. I just dont do casters i guess. I can sell ports to dal and i use him as an auction/mule now since i can port around and buy shit easy and mail is instant between alts.

Fast forward a bit. Im pretty much done with dailies dont need badge gear now and ive finally got my last pieces out of p1 raids or better, mostly done with 10m ulduar except for certain hm bosses so my raid commitments are way down. Time to level an alt for real now.

Except i just can't. Not again. I really cant stand the leveling experience, especially without joyous journey buff.

And then blizzard brought out the faction change tokens and low and behold, they are on sale.

Ive got all these raid geared 60s on whitemane classic. All max tradeskills for classic era, etc.

Now ive got a warrior and shaman already so no need to bring those dudes over but i did drop some cabbage and server transfer+faction swap my rogue / priest / warlock.

Now I'm leveling my rogue which i love and enjoy, up to 67 2 days after getting him, making great progress.

I probably wont even touch the clothies until they bring back jj, but its nice to have them back.

• 1Barf

Crone

So that merger isn't going to happen. While the personalities all seemed to jive, they got super pissed when Sunday rolls around and only 2 of the 7 of our guys that filled their raid on Thursday even got online to try and come. So they sat guys, only to then have the Vezax/Yogg lockouts on 5 dudes wasted because they just never bothered to show up. I think there was a communication issue a little, but these fucking raid loggers man. Right now it's that they have hard stops at 12am EST (servertime), but then won't ever show up for another day either... ok, so 3 hours a week is all I get you for? then fuck off! is what I want to say.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Im a quester i guess. Follow breadcrumbs collect ! Turn in to ?

I guess i could just aoe grind exp but its just not for me.

• 1Like