World of Warcraft: Classic

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The zerging started before any changes were made. It just took a little more coordination.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
The zerging started before any changes were made. It just took a little more coordination.

That could be why I didn't see it. Horde on my server was more proactive in organizing AV groups than the Alliance side.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Has anyone decided to make an FOH guild yet on either Horde or Alliance? Casual, semi-casual? We all have jobs and families now, but I would like to be able to quest, pvp, and do dungeons and occasional raids with competent and familiar people.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Girlfriend just gave me the green light to play this... I would love to play in a guild that's serious about raiding, but maybe only 2-3 nights a week. I would love if we got an FoH guild going.

• 1Seriously?

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
I played on two servers in Classic. I never saw general races until patch 1.12, which is when xserver BGs went in. From what I gathered at the time, it started becoming common on some (but not nearly all) servers in 1.11 after they removed many NPCs and made the remainder weaker.

NPCs will assist you in there as if you were an aggro NPC that ran to more NPCs, so you can attack/be attacked then run to them then they would assist you and run at the enemy. So a handful of defenders could hold off the initial charge into the base by attacking then running into NPCs. In the horde base in particular, I used to run up both towers (which used to have strong melee NPCs inside and were close together) and get a bunch of NPCs aggro on them at once. If you charge the bases right from the start, you have ZERO graveyards to spawn at, so if you die you end up on the other side of the map and they have a large army in the way if they want to get back.

Donblargo

Potato del Grande
The most sadistic shit to pull in AV is to wait until they begin forming up outside the main boss keeps, and then aggroing pets into the boss room, and watch the slaughter ensue outside

• 1Like

Khane

I think the NPCs were generally weakened and a lot of stuff was changed/removed before 1.12. Like 1.8 or something. But that just changed the general "rush" strategy. Prior to that Alliance would rush to the GY before the keep and stay there until it was capped then rush into the final GY to cap. After the changes they just went all the way to the final GY or even ignored the GY completely and killed Drakthar.

But the reason that shit was even changed in the first place was because the honor system was changed from "farm the enemy for honor" to "farm objectives for honor". And that's when people started getting annoyed/aggravated at battles potentially lasting hours or days because you couldn't get any honor at all unless you won. So people stopped queueing for AV altogether.

The changes to AV itself were a symptom of a larger problem, not the cause. Blizzard has never been able to get this right. There is always one superior way of farming the "points" you need to get the rewards you want and they always swing the pendulum too far when they make changes.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
All I remember from av was standing on hills spamming Blizzard for hours

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I would be up for a FOH guild for classic, hell I’ll even help organize it. I have been horde throughout the history of wow since beta only playing some alliance alts here and there so I am very tempted to roll alliance.

That being said I am sure I could be convinced to go horde if the majority here prefer it. Then again having Paladins in classes was a huge boon.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
All I remember from av was standing on hills spamming Blizzard for hours
Pointless scratching people with shit mage frostbolt damage or once AQ dropped spamming fireballs against warriors wearing fire resist gear and running in to do unlimited target aoe fear.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Blizzard was useful in capping alliance towers since you could ae the stairs to knock rogues out of stealth.

• 1Like

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Rank 1 blizzard with extra snare talent (which was quite strong) from inside Drek's room to super snare anybody trying to pull warmasters out

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
In this patch version can I sit on the rooftop in bootybay and blast fuckers in the face with frost bolts and the guards can’t reach me? Because I want that to be a thing.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
In this patch version can I sit on the rooftop in bootybay and blast fuckers in the face with frost bolts and the guards can’t reach me? Because I want that to be a thing.
No. :(

Only place guards wouldn't go were the zeppelin towers. With a few mages you could hold the STV zep with alternating POM Flame Strike, AP Blizzard w imp blizz talent and shatter, and rolling Frost Novas.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I have almost no faith they won't fuck this up but I sure miss vanilla WoW.

*goes to read up on what they're doing*

Ah fuck, right click reporting players? You've got to be fucking kidding me, is this not a terrible fucking idea? What kind of uptopian bullshit is this?

• 1Like

Khane

You don't go alliance for paladins. You go alliance for fear ward. Except Molten Core and BWL are going to be a joke, so go horde because they are better in AQ and Naxx, which are going to be significantly more time consuming and "difficult" than MC or BWL.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I played most recently competitively as alliance so I’d love to play horde this go around and would be able to help run a forum guild in some capacity.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
You don't go alliance for paladins. You go alliance for fear ward. Except Molten Core and BWL are going to be a joke, so go horde because they are better in AQ and Naxx, which are going to be significantly more time consuming and "difficult" than MC or BWL.

Paladin threat reduction is a very big thing. Otherwise its always throttled dps on horde, hope you don't Windfury proc like mad and grab agro.

• 1Like

Dalien

Registered Hodor
I don't know if this worked in 1.12 but paladins could really cheese the Nefarion kill back in the day.

One paladin would cast Blessing of Wisdom on all the mana users and as long as they all dumped some mana casting summon water or whatever, the +mana ticks from wisdom would count as aggro towards the pally. Being 40man in classic we had some retards who didn't understand how it worked, but once we got everyone on board the pally was a mob magnet and it made the encounter easy.

Blessing of Salv was a really big deal in MC/BWL as well.