World of Warcraft: Classic

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I remember the days of an 8-12 hour AV run. Dying countless times to make no progress at all. Slowly working your way to the towers and keeping them clear of NPC's that would fuck you up, and keeping the fires going. It was a colossal shit show, but a lot of fun at the same time. I played every AV (much like everything else in game) as a Prot Warrior. I remember Van fucking my shit up because people wouldn't heal. They were all speced for DPS instead of keeping your raid alive so you could beat the boss. It was such a dumpster fire of education. The entire guild would go in because Furor designed the zone, and he always wanted us to win. It was so rough. When all FoH was present, it def went a lot smoother, but when we left... it would drag on forever and ever.

xzi

Mouthbreather

tl;dr loot trading will specifically only work in raid environments
feel like that's a fair middle ground really

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Girlfriend just gave me the green light to play this... I would love to play in a guild that's serious about raiding, but maybe only 2-3 nights a week. I would love if we got an FoH guild going.

Every private server guild has assigned raid days and times. Usually 2 days a week for 40man content. You can do MC/BWL/Ony in 3 hours these days

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yes, me brain no work good.

Just remember fights over that shit causing some hilarious ironforge chat brawls.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm

tl;dr loot trading will specifically only work in raid environments
feel like that's a fair middle ground really
This is solely to cut down on GM intervention, since back in vanilla they would fix these sorts of issues including loot lost to server crashes since they still had the logs of what dropped.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Ya, I'm surprised they've only limited it to raid for that reason but a lot of people were salty about it.

I personally couldn't give a fuck less cause the only shithead that ninja'd anything I've ever played with was never invited to any groups again.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Binks

Golden Knight of the Realm
It was such a dumpster fire of education. The entire guild would go in because Furor designed the zone, and he always wanted us to win. It was so rough. When all FoH was present, it def went a lot smoother, but when we left... it would drag on forever and ever.

We had such bad luck trying to sync our queues to get the guild in AV with Hyjal's Alliance > Horde imbalance. We were doing well to have 5-10 people. Having all of FoH or +/- the Forgotten Aspect folks normally meant at least AV would end in an efficient timeframe. Sometimes. From the Alliance's perspective, it was often trying to herd cats toward the objective. Regularly, it was about 5 people recklessly abusing the alliance sploits until people started showing up/overcomed their learned helplessness/got bored/overcame their derp and decided to help win.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
In my defense, Green Random Drops were better than Purples for my class for half of Vanilla.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Defending iceblood/frostwolf graveyard ( can't remember which it was) with a small group of people was some of the most fun I've ever had in pvp.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I remember the only way Horde could win in AV was to have half defend Drek and other half kill Vanndar.

Alliance didn't have to send anyone to defend Vanndar to win. Just full Drek push was all they had to do.

• 1Like

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
Man our AVs lasted days. The same AV for a whole weekend. People didn't do the boring "lets just rush to the end" crap till much much later.

• 1Solidarity

xzi

Mouthbreather
NfWbuiz.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Not having tmog shit is a plus for classic. Knowing what people are fucking using by sight is how an mmo should be.

• 5Like
  • 1WTF
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
listen, don't be mad that you can't have this juicy tauren ass in blue booty shorts

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Every game these days does it with a big number over your head.
Yeah the game is so uniform youre able to tell by their hp. Every piece of gear is the same just a little more stats including STA so more hp = better gear all around 99% of the time

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
pretty much every single MMO out there broadcasts way too much information about your opponent in pvp.