World of Warcraft: Classic

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Beat me to it. Exciting, if true and hopefully we do get a live launch before July.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They don't sell wide mouth 1L Mountain Dew bottles anymore, this gonna suck. Those things were perfect for emergency pisses in the middle of a battleground/raid, completely hands free once ya start, tuck between the knees, lean forward a bit, let go. Pop the cap on good, let it drop to floor. I can't imagine doing that shit now, my wife would have all my shit thrown out on the driveway within hours.

Found something for you.

Kiki

Log Wizard
I'm thinking Alliance for easy mode this time, and probably a dwarf warrior. Now if I can convince my wife to pocket heal (she's trying to dps, that bitch).

• 1Worf

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Pretty much always played the Horde since Alliance are pussy faggots but not having Paladins is a pretty big drawback in vanilla like it or not. So I am leaning towards Alliance this go around.

I'll be willing to put a forum guild together this go around if nobody else like Noodle wants to step up and do that shit again.

• 1Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I hate alliance too, but want to try early paladins. Will I be able to bubble+hearth again? I really got a kick out of how they nerfed that JUST AS HORDE FINALLY GOT PALLIES! This is my QQ story.

• 1Solidarity

Kiki

Log Wizard
Yeah, trust me I was horde during classic. We got the redheaded stepchild of content. Wasn't there a level range where there was just no quests? I played alliance later and I was just amazed how much content was there. Razorgore cheese is enough to make me change my mind this time around.

Edit: My wife wanted to huntard, but I think I may have convinced her to pally.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
But horde got the intellectually stimulating and spiritually life affirming barrens chat, so the sides are even.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Yesterday I went and looked for information on the progress of WoW Classic, but by god most of the Youtubers on that topic are either really parched for content or outright stupid.

Talking lots of nothing and then interviewing people on how to spec and gear certain classes. Trust us, he is a fucking reference because he has a full T3 set and raided Naxxramas ... just last month, on a private server. Which may or may not work just like the original Blizzard ones. No one really knows why Onyxia deep breaths, but trust the private servers on finer details and mechanics of WoW.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Yesterday I went and looked for information on the progress of WoW Classic, but by god most of the Youtubers on that topic are either really parched for content or outright stupid.

Talking lots of nothing and then interviewing people on how to spec and gear certain classes. Trust us, he is a fucking reference because he has a full T3 set and raided Naxxramas ... just last month, on a private server. Which may or may not work just like the original Blizzard ones. No one really knows why Onyxia deep breaths, but trust the private servers on finer details and mechanics of WoW.

Yeah there's a lot of assumptions of how things are going to work based on private servers. Some things I've heard from talk about people that are gonna go hard in classic are: Fury warriors are better tanks than Prot Warriors(threat gen outweighs mitigation), Druids are better tanks than warriors, shamans are best AoE healers in the game. I don't remember 14 years back to say if any of this is true or not, but it may be possible considering most of the people who will go at classic hard are people that weren't a waste of oxygen in 40 man raids.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Even back then fury warriors were better at tanking than protection mostly because of what was just said threat generation even more so on Horde since they didn’t get Pally threat cheats.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Note that when they talk about Fury Tanking and not getting defense capped and shit, that's generally not-pants-on-head-retarded raid groups. So, not 90% of general population 40 man raid groups. If your healers are busy typing out their RP shouts before each heal you should probably make sure you've got a solid focus on mitigation/crit-immunity and just let any DPS who can't sit on their hands a bit die. And the full-out Threatgen Fury tank that's been talked about a lot in the last year is basically Everquest 1 with healers spamming Big Dick Heals on your ass constantly until OOM, on the theory (and practice) of the higher threat cap meaning more DPS, meaning bosses die before the spamming healers actually OOM. Speed-run shit.

The Druid thing is weird, they have better baseline armor/avoidance, and if you grind the fuck out of gnomer every week, really good high-threat windows, but they don't have crush immunity that Warriors get from shieldblocks, and their threat falls to the shitter without the pummeler buffs.

Thinking back to actual Vanilla, I mostly remember raid tanks being arms because they were all divas and didn't want to pay to switch specs for "pwning noobs" in PVP.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Note that when they talk about Fury Tanking and not getting defense capped and shit, that's generally not-pants-on-head-retarded raid groups. So, not 90% of general population 40 man raid groups. If your healers are busy typing out their RP shouts before each heal you should probably make sure you've got a solid focus on mitigation/crit-immunity and just let any DPS who can't sit on their hands a bit die. And the full-out Threatgen Fury tank that's been talked about a lot in the last year is basically Everquest 1 with healers spamming Big Dick Heals on your ass constantly until OOM, on the theory (and practice) of the higher threat cap meaning more DPS, meaning bosses die before the spamming healers actually OOM. Speed-run shit.

The Druid thing is weird, they have better baseline armor/avoidance, and if you grind the fuck out of gnomer every week, really good high-threat windows, but they don't have crush immunity that Warriors get from shieldblocks, and their threat falls to the shitter without the pummeler buffs.

Yeah I am not sure what is coming up about not getting defense capped but there was pretty much zero reason to go past 15 points in Prot spec for defensive talents plus there was a reason to not wear shields or even pants on certain encounters, Prot warriors suffered from stupid design where the better you mitigated the less rage you had, also shields while amazing against many mobs attacking with small hits such as let’s say whelps was great vs Ony herself it was negligible.

Still you hit def cap always.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Full prot spec was better when you were undergeared and pushing content. It had MUCH better survivability for those 'oh shit!' moments when you were learning a fight and there was no such thing as deadly boss mods or whatever addon to tell you how to do the fight. That was also before threat-detector addons, so you had to best guess threat instead of knowing exactly where you were in relation to everyone else.

For offtanks, unless you were severely undergeared, full fury/arms dps spec with good gear and defensive stance was good enough to offtank almost everything, and your dps was also very competitive if not top tier.

It will be much different this time around with all the boss mechanics being known and pushing content will indeed be more of a question of organization instead of problem solving and strategy forming.