World of Warcraft: Classic

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Dal Rends MH had like a 7% drop rate, and you probably had to roll with 1-2 other people. Krol Blade was much easier to just farm the gold for.
Yep I ran UBRS a bunch of times and never got anything but the offhand. Walked over and bought a Krol off the AH and was done with it.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
They are reversing the terrible stat squish for classic, right? Because the stat disparity right now for 1-60 items is a joke. I remember saving up enough silver in Beta to buy the White quality merchant guns on my Dwarf Hunter and it was such a huge upgrade. Right now all 3 of the guns those merchants sell that are supposed to be increasingly better have the exact same dps. And there are items with a ~7 level difference that have the exact same stats. I mean, they have to reverse it, right?

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
They are changing the whole database so I would expect those stats to all be changed to how they were.

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
Pfft. Pre Weapon normalization Barman Shanker was where it was at for Rogues. Dagger with 2.0 spd IIRC. Pair that with Seal Fate doubling Ambush's Combo Points to 4 cp, and you could AMB / 4pt. Evisc for lol one shots all day.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
There's still no time yet except for "It's done when it's done (again)"?
Some retard that used to be a dev at blizzard said they would expect 2021. Which if true Blizzard should probably not bother.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
There's still no time yet except for "It's done when it's done (again)"?
Since they let you play two zones with the Blizzcon virtual ticket at home, my guess is that the new client (and its battle.net integration) is at least done in a beta quality and questing, combat and other stuff works already. Rumour has it that they are currently working on instances (dungeons, raids, battlegrounds).

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
They are reversing the terrible stat squish for classic, right? Because the stat disparity right now for 1-60 items is a joke. I remember saving up enough silver in Beta to buy the White quality merchant guns on my Dwarf Hunter and it was such a huge upgrade. Right now all 3 of the guns those merchants sell that are supposed to be increasingly better have the exact same dps. And there are items with a ~7 level difference that have the exact same stats. I mean, they have to reverse it, right?
Stats will be identical to what they were in 1.12. No squish. Right now basically all 30-70 gear is about the same stat wise across green/blue/purple items. Someone stated their Thunderfury was almost viable at lvl 110.

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
I can't recall, but was level locking be available at 1.12 for players that ran 19/29/39/49 twinks?
No, that did not exist in vanilla. You needed to get all your gear by 19/29/etc and then just do BGs without turning in any marks. Winning BGs gave rep but no exp so as long as you didn’t do anything but BGs you could stay at your level forever.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The server will definitely be ready for 2019. I'd say May, or August/September.

Likely be done by then, but I'm willing to bet they release it in November. Would be only fitting. 15th anniversary event. Can make a big deal out of the whole thing

EDIT: Anybody know if gates of Ahn'Qiraj is going to be a thing? I.e. collecting mats and all that?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Likely be done by then, but I'm willing to bet they release it in November. Would be only fitting. 15th anniversary event. Can make a big deal out of the whole thing

Then next year you have a new expansion and the year after that you can release The Burning Crusade. It all fits together to well to not be the plan.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>

EDIT: Anybody know if gates of Ahn'Qiraj is going to be a thing? I.e. collecting mats and all that?
The gates weren't made permanently open until a much later patch, I believe when servers were opened during TBC or even Wrath, so likely yes, the gate opening would and should still be a thing.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Then next year you have a new expansion and the year after that you can release The Burning Crusade. It all fits together to well to not be the plan.
Only if it's a new and separate server. Though the obvious idiosyncrasies of leveling from scratch for everyone on a TBC server would be unique rather than the original feeling of replacing your tier 2/3 with hypercolor greens.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Level locking was added in LK, so no.
XP locking wasn't added until WotLK, but BGs themselves didn't give experience before patch 3.2 (which added XP locking). Even Alterac Valley mobs didn't give XP until 3.1.5.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Only if it's a new and separate server. Though the obvious idiosyncrasies of leveling from scratch for everyone on a TBC server would be unique rather than the original feeling of replacing your tier 2/3 with hypercolor greens.

I think what you do is launch a couple of new "classic" servers a couple of months before you are launching TBC and then those are just the TBC servers. Can also have transfers from Classic servers to the TBC servers a week before it goes live or something.

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If lack of Exp locking had been a concern, level 19 BG twinking wouldn't have been a thing anyways because you sneeze twice at that level and you're 20.