World of Warcraft: Classic

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
Poopsock level: duffel bag.

In all seriousness: If you really wanted to grind the rep so bad you would do MC trash runs.
People do the elementals on like day five of the server being launched, MC trash runs aren't really viable at that point. The elementals are faster rep anyway, but MC trash gets you cores and BOEs.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I think you really underestimate just how low life and scummy the vanilla/classic wow crowd is. Every emulated server I played on hard some cunts form cross faction groups for the sole purpose of monopolizing devilsaur leather market 24/7.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Every emulated server
This right there is the most important part.

I absolutely hate every person that plays on emulated servers for games that are still online. I understand a game that is dead and offline.

The only reason to play emulated is if you are:

1.) A piece of shit that can't afford a monthly payment
2.) A piece of shit that is just banned nonstop from the MMO you are playing
3.) A piece of shit that thinks they would have been state champs if they had gone in during the 4th quarter
4.) A piece of shit that can't interact with a normal economy or game so they need something they can monopolize
5.) A piece of shit that has hacks or buddies with a GM

• 2Like
  • 2Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Im playing on Lightshope and its not because I can't afford a sub, I will be playing classic and bringing atleast 4 friends. It's just current WoW is nothing like vanilla. That being said im pretty casual because EMUs are corrupt shit holes.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
Im playing on Lightshope and its not because I can't afford a sub, I will be playing classic and bringing atleast 4 friends. It's just current WoW is nothing like vanilla. That being said im pretty casual because EMUs are corrupt shit holes.
No you’re just a piece of shit :emoji_rolling_eyes:

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
3.) A piece of shit that thinks they would have been state champs if they had gone in during the 4th quarter

I don't know why u hatin'. People with a massive chip on their shoulder are living breathing walking dynamic content. Some of them turn out to be legitimately great even.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Dont think a_skeleton_03 has read the BFA thread lately.

And non emulated servers are riddled with hackers/exploiters. Played on Vulak back in 2011 and the mq/showeq use was rampant.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I absolutely hate every person that plays on emulated servers for games that are still online. I understand a game that is dead and offline.

4.) A piece of shit that can't interact with a normal economy or game so they need something they can monopolize

But WoW Classic isn't still online.

Do you feel the same way about Project 1999 and AlCrapor?

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>

Haters gonna hate

• 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
But WoW Classic isn't still online.

Do you feel the same way about Project 1999 and AlCrapor?
Yes I feel that way about all of those. Their communities are toxic cesspools of shit.

Just because WoW didn’t stop with a classic server until now doesn’t mean wow isn’t there. You also know that every single WoW classic emu server online now will stay online even when blizzard launches their official one. I doubt they take a 10% user loss.

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Yes I feel that way about all of those. Their communities are toxic cesspools of shit.

Just because WoW didn’t stop with a classic server until now doesn’t mean wow isn’t there. You also know that every single WoW classic emu server online now will stay online even when blizzard launches their official one. I doubt they take a 10% user loss.

I mean, it comes off arrogant on your end, but there is a degree of truth as
well.

For me, the main difference with the private scene is the fact that most people carry no name. Rep means shit. Meanwhile, back in '04 to '06 it was huge. Especially for those of us coming from EQ. So, people generally act degenerate and its like that on most private server scenes.

At the same time though, this is the direction that the entire internet has moved in, in the last decade or so. So, come Classic, i disagree with you, i think the cess pool will carry over nearly 100% and the current state of private Vanilla WoW will be copy/pasted to whatever is released.

I've found that having a tight knit crew to play with is THE most important part of the game - no matter the game - and disregarding everything else is key. I also find the US communities are way better than the EU ones. Holy fuck are servers dominated by Euros bad. Fucking Euros....

• 1Solidarity

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I simply can't agree that the playerbases of P1999 is any worse than EQ was back in the day. Granted I've only leveled up to 46, 37 and 28, but pretty much everyone I've been grouped with has been decent people. Will the emulated servers stay online? Of course. And once that hits, those 5 points fully apply.

But you can't apply the "emu server for a game that is still run by its owner" logic on servers that provide a content level the IP owner does not. For both WoW and EQ, as both games are completely different from what they were 10-15 years ago.

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
The various vanilla emu servers will take a much larger hit than 10% when Classic launches. Hell, the mere announcement that Blizzard was releasing Classic dropped the emu player numbers noticeably.

And of course emu playerbases are cess pools, all MMO playerbases are so why would they be any different.

• 2Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>

I'll be switching to the official WoW classic server over an emu server because there's always the chance an emu server will be shut down any moment (or emu team goes crazy and fucks with the Classic experience) - losing all your progress or destroying the vanilla experience.

See: Nost emu server. The only emu I've ever bothered to hit 60 on.

• 2Like

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I loved playing on Emerald Dream, but when rumors started flying about the management and there was talk of it shutting down it really took the wind out of my sails. Hard to want to invest so much time when anything can happen.

• 1Solidarity

Chanur

<Gold Donor>

I think you underestimate the amount of people on EMUs that would want the legitimacy of WoW Classic run by Blizzard.

There definitely will be douchebags that stay but I think a huge chunk will go to classic.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Level 60 alliance hunter has been camping Stonetalon Mountains for a few days apparently. People are up in arms about it in zone chat.