World of Warcraft: Classic

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The gameplay in classic is definitely not superior. If anything, it’s one of the most inferior aspects of the game compared to current WoW.

• 3Picard
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The gameplay in classic is definitely not superior. If anything, it’s one of the most inferior aspects of the game compared to current WoW.

Sweet I bet you love fortnight too and have bought all the skins. It is possible for people who like MMORPGs to want their game to play like one with RPG level elements gameplay included.

I mean that should be the beauty of classic those who prefer current can auto queue up their LFR runs and do warfronts whole masterbating and high fiving each other before completing their 38th daily for the day and playing with the mission table. I’ll stick with the old awful terrible game play I enjoyed more.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You are unequivocally wrong if you think the gameplay itself in classic was superior. Just go watch any raid kill video for proof.

That doesn't mean there weren't elements that were superior. But doing nothing but auto attacking, or spamming one bolt spell is absolutely not "superior gameplay".

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sweet I bet you love fortnight too and have bought all the skins. It is possible for people who like MMORPGs to want their game to play like one with RPG level elements gameplay included.

I mean that should be the beauty of classic those who prefer current can auto queue up their LFR runs and do warfronts whole masterbating and high fiving each other before completing their 38th daily for the day and playing with the mission table. I’ll stick with the old awful terrible game play I enjoyed more.

None of those things are gameplay. Those are all game systems and they suck.

Gameplay is combat. Classic combat sucked compared to modern wow.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
You are unequivocally wrong if you think the gameplay itself in classic was superior. Just go watch any raid kill video for proof.

That doesn't mean there weren't elements that were superior. But doing nothing but auto attacking, or spamming one bolt spell is absolutely not "superior gameplay".

I overall completely agree with you but

should try ret paladin now kek

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
I mostly just played WoW to PvP anyway, which I found surprisingly enjoyable before Blizzard neglected BGs and allowed them to turn into premade vs. PUG stomps and free loot for AFK botters. I'm of the view that classic EverQuest had superior gameplay to WoW (particularly post-BC WoW) when it came to PvE. 'Classic was terrible because you just spammed frostbolt' isn't an argument that convinces me. Playing whack-a-mole with hotbar buttons is not what I would call genius design. If that kind of thing is your entire focus for games then I suggest playing some Street Fighter. (which I also play) MMOGs are largely about socializing, interaction, exploration, organizing, preparation, strategizing, hard-earned rewards etc all of which have nothing to do with hotbar keys. Granted classic frost mages could have had something more, but that's one spec of one class.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Mages used frostbolt because everything was fire-immune or fire-resistant and even when it wasn't they went full retard with spell hit %s

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
And if you went fire the asshole class lead in your raid would just steal all your DPS on the meter by being the one to get the Ignite rolling ;)

This thread makes me want to play a mage again despite not touching Ranged DPS in over a decade.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Such a colossal waste of time and resources for a game that will last, at most, 6 months before it becomes a ghost town. That being said, vanilla wow had me more addicted that first year than EQ had me the previous 4. I've always had a hope for a "WoW 2" in the back of my mind, but now I just can't see that ever becoming a reality. Blizzard lacks a "vision" for a new mmo.

• 1Rustled
  • 1Seriously?

xzi

Mouthbreather
I think you underestimate the amount of neckbeards that have been playing exclusively on private servers since WOTLK

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
And if you went fire the asshole class lead in your raid would just steal all your DPS on the meter by being the one to get the Ignite rolling ;)

This thread makes me want to play a mage again despite not touching Ranged DPS in over a decade.
I pulled aggro on Thaddius and died to this because the other mages didn’t want to stop the ignite for the lulz.

Binks

Golden Knight of the Realm
I think you underestimate the amount of neckbeards that have been playing exclusively on private servers since WOTLK

Right? People are still playing EQ. People are still playing UO. It wouldn't surprise me if WoW/WoW Classic persists until the servers are unplugged. I actually like the idea of a WoW progression servers as my cohort seems to pine for TBC era. As with any new server, there'll probably be an initial glut of people when it's new and shiny and then a contraction in the population as the novelty+ wears off.

Last edited:
  • 3Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Right? People are still playing EQ. People are still playing UO. It wouldn't surprise me if WoW/WoW Classic persists until the servers are unplugged. I actually like the idea of a WoW progressions server as my cohort seems to pine for TBC era. As with any new server, there'll probably be an initial glut of people when it's new and shiny and then a contraction in the population as the novelty+ wears off.

Honestly I am hoping the popularity of the Classic server is enough to get them to introduce progression servers or leave up expansions from each era. Honestly if it keeps subs rolling in they would be fucking stupid not to do just that. Of course all the current Dev's who try and leave their shitty mark on the game desperately turning it in Diablo 3 shitfest will be hurt to see nobody likes the current game but fuck those smug cunts.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
TBC and WotLK would be super popular in my uneducated opinion.

I would think so too, hell if I ever was in a position to release an MMO, I would probably leave at least one server running on the last patch of an xpac when progressing on to the next.

EQ had plently of alternative ruleset servers. Bliz would release one where horde and alliance could group. Or one like Fiorna Via with no drop being removed.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
TBC and WotLK would be super popular in my uneducated opinion.
I would move from vanilla to TBC or play on both as TBC was the most fun I ever had in WoW. The death of my casual raid guild at the end of the expansion was the end of MMO raiding for me.

Brikker

Trump's Staff

:)

• 1Picard

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

:)

EQ: Next will be released before Pantheon sees the light of day.

• 3Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Honestly I am hoping the popularity of the Classic server is enough to get them to introduce progression servers or leave up expansions from each era. Honestly if it keeps subs rolling in they would be fucking stupid not to do just that. Of course all the current Dev's who try and leave their shitty mark on the game desperately turning it in Diablo 3 shitfest will be hurt to see nobody likes the current game but fuck those smug cunts.

Well they seem to be putting a lot of work into the server. Changing the ability code back to the way it used to be so two mages can polymorph each other, etc surprises and pleases me. There's a lot of hope for the future of classic wow/progression wow atm imo.

• 1Like